Dabo Punishes Player with Bus Ride

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dabo maintaining good order and discipline. Wish this was more common but I doubt Mullen could get away with it. Our local media would shred him for being cruel.
I think our base and media would embrace it after the last decade or so........

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The article says he had to ride a bus with other team personnel. It was probably some type of big comfortable Clemson bus with built in televisions and food. It was not like they dumped the dude off at the local bus station and made him ride a Greyhound back to South Carolina stopping at every jerkwater town on the 438 mile trip between Louisville and Clemson with an hour or two layover in Knoxville.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The article says he had to ride a bus with other team personnel. It was probably some type of big comfortable Clemson bus with built in televisions and food. It was not like they dumped the dude off at the local bus station and made him ride a Greyhound back to South Carolina stopping at every jerkwater town on the 438 mile trip between Louisville and Clemson with an hour or two layover in Knoxville.
That’s the point. He was inconvenienced (that’s a long ride relative to a plane) but it wasn’t arduous. Made the perfect point: you don’t ride with the team when you put yourself first. And your ride won’t be as comfortable nor will you get to party that night after the game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s the point. He was inconvenienced (that’s a long ride relative to a plane) but it wasn’t arduous. Made the perfect point: you don’t ride with the team when you put yourself first. And your ride won’t be as comfortable nor will you get to party that night after the game.

I think Dabo nailed it. The punishment was meaningful and appropriate.

I also agree that Dan would probably get grief if he tried this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The article says he had to ride a bus with other team personnel. It was probably some type of big comfortable Clemson bus with built in televisions and food. .
you clearly have never smelled an equipment bus after a football game.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Equipment is in a big 18 wheeler trailing the bus, like we and every other school has.

Odds are there was plenty of beer and food on the bus ride home. Some punishment. Dabo is as fake as Bowden with the faith and discipline bull****.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
That's not a punishment. I had to ride to Gainesville in the back of my sister's nasty 1984 Rabbit. Stick him back there, he'll be a choir boy from now on.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It had more to do with everyone else knowing about it. Saying, " I'm glad that's not me", with everyone laughing and pointing fingers upon arrival. Message sent and received.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Equipment is in a big 18 wheeler trailing the bus, like we and every other school has.

Odds are there was plenty of beer and food on the bus ride home. Some punishment. Dabo is as fake as Bowden with the faith and discipline bull****.

and richt....

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, some tough love from Dabo, not only for his player, but also for all the equipment and training staff that were on the bus with him. From what I understand, Dabo had one of those loud, one-directional, coach-to-player 'conversations' with him right there on the bus: "You just sit your ass right here on this sh!t bus with the rest of these low-lifes, 'cause you're not worthy of getting on the team plane right now!! Look around you! You wanna end up like these pathetic jock-sniffers, handling people's smelly, sweaty, dirty uniform pants, jockstraps, and towels?? 'Cause that's the kind of life an unskilled, low-intelligence person like yourself is going to end up in if you don't get your act together!!"

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
you clearly have never smelled an equipment bus after a football game.

You got me there Esquire, but the equipment was probably in an 18 wheeler trailing the managers' bus that was running interference going 80 mph down I-75 to Knoxville and not slowing down a lick heading west through the Smokies on I-40 to Asheville before dipping down to Clemson. If you want to smell something bad spend some time walking the streets of Asheville where ancient hippies go to smoke their last weed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.