Dabo would have been fired at Florida

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Head coaching record
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Clemson Tigers
(Atlantic Coast Conference) (2008–present)
2008 Clemson 4–3 3–2 T–3rd (Atlantic) L Gator
2009 Clemson 9–5 6–2 1st (Atlantic) W Music City 24
2010 Clemson 6–7 4–4 T–4th (Atlantic) L Meineke Car Care
2011 Clemson 10–4 6–2 1st (Atlantic) L Orange† 22 22
2012 Clemson 11–2 7–1 T–1st (Atlantic) W Chick-fil-A 9 11
2013 Clemson 11–2 7–1 2nd (Atlantic) W Orange† 7 8
2014 Clemson 10–3 6–2 2nd (Atlantic) W Russell Athletic 15 15
2015 Clemson 14–1 8–0 1st (Atlantic) W Orange†, L CFP NCG† 2 2
2016 Clemson 14–1 7–1 T–1st (Atlantic) W Fiesta†, W CFP NCG† 1 1
2017 Clemson 12–2 7–1 1st (Atlantic) L Sugar† 4 4
2018 Clemson 15–0 8–0 1st (Atlantic) W Cotton†, W CFP NCG† 1 1
Clemson: 115–30 69–16

Enough said. He would have been fired after year 2 1/2, especially playing in the A She She. Which in hindsight would have been a huge mistake.

Am I wrong?
Total bullspit. He won ten games in his third season. You are f ing clueless. Even my dumper ass would give him three years. Full years. I hate these threads. You dumb****s created the same threads with chump and mac. Mullen did an amazing job. These threads are desperate and sad. He doesn't need these pity threads. What the hell...everyone is happy and you idiots cant leave well enough alone. Enjoy the ride. No one is calling for Mullens job. Gtfo.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How do you feel the presumed actions of the UF AD and President may differ from the collective opinion of the founders of Gator Chatter up to the end of the 2014 season. Again, this is the ACC we are talking about.
Why are you going full retard? Foley gave chump 4years after 4-8. Why post this crap? I'm starting to think you are a Nole or Dawg just creating fake problems. Watch your back.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, @Tay Bang ... I kinda understand what you are saying and think you got a point, but I think you kinda went out on left field with this one. zOoK, Chump and Butters all didn't deserve more time and they were fired when they needed to be fired and wish Foley would have been fired with them. And even though you got whiny babies like dougie who can't just enjoy the impressive journey it took for our team to get to where we are today as well as the trajectory we are on and seem to be continuing, I dont think anyone is saying Mullen's seat is even remotely warm.

Just be happy that dumpers have little to dump on right now .. like someone saying Peach Bowl Champions vs a quality win against a quality program.
I'm a dumper and im happy. I'm pumping. I do not think Dabo would be fired after 2.5years after chump had that abortion season. I totally agree with you. What does that say...lol. great post.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm a dumper and im happy. I'm pumping. I do not think Dabo would be fired after 2.5years after chump had that abortion season. I totally agree with you. What does that say...lol. great post.
Beer? Vodka? Whiskey? All of the above? Sounds like a great party.

Sober up and reread the wisdom tomorrow.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Quality thread. Would read again.

True. This thread would have been even better, possibly HOF candidate, if a couple of snowflakes weren’t triggered into full blown PTSD episodes by somebody else always inserting their Chimp and Butters butthurt into every coaching discussion. Hard to stay on topic at that point.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Chump, Butters, and Zook are central to your point as they are the only data points you have to support the “quick trigger” on Dabo. That said, Dabo was different than those guys as his trajectory was clearly pointing up. The other guys were sinking fast.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True. This thread would have been even better, possibly HOF candidate, if a couple of snowflakes weren’t triggered into full blown PTSD episodes by somebody else always inserting their Chimp and Butters butthurt into every coaching discussion. Hard to stay on topic at that point.
Enough said. He would have been fired after year 2 1/2, especially playing in the A She She. Which in hindsight would have been a huge mistake.

Am I wrong?

Douchebag... what the fck is you point if you aren’t inserting Chump and Butters into your logic of firing a hypothetical coach in Dabo after 2.5 years? Are you trying to pull in the schitty BBall coach White as well?

Pure troll thread and unfortunately 7 pages worth.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Please, 4 losses in year 3 1/2. Losses to unranked Georgia Tech and NC State, number 14 ranked SC and losing the bowl game. Not a chance at Florida.
With Fooley at AD, he certainly would have gotten another year. Look at Chump's 3rd year and he brought that bum back. It would have been much more likely that he would not have been hired at Florida to begin with.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
White is much better than many of you give him credit. He does not have the pieces in place yet. Big men (like DL in football) are hard to get. His cruiting class next year should put us on solid ground. Dabo fired in 2.5 yrs? Only if this insane asylum had a say. This is fact. When he was promoted this board (most of the smart ones) said he wasnt gonna do well and he was a moron (in so many words).

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Douchebag... what the fck is you point if you aren’t inserting Chump and Butters into your logic of firing a hypothetical coach in Dabo after 2.5 years? Are you trying to pull in the schitty BBall coach White as well?

Pure troll thread and unfortunately 7 pages worth.

Oh please, you negators live for threads like this. You should be thanking me and eagerly awaiting my next red meat for the lions topic.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Some here are really angry. Hit dog will holla.
It all counts toward a million!

Yep, T-Rex wins the most triggered award. Seven dislikes, facepalms and drunks in one thread!! Keep 'em coming.

It's fascinating watching the mental contortions the dumpers go through on this thread. First of all, they can't stay out of the thread like they should have in the first place. Then they go through mental gymnastics to avoid the original point of the thread, which is, if it was up to them, they never would have allowed a guy like Dabo to be hired, as he had no head coaching experience ("UF IS NOT OJT!!!") then would have pissed and moaned every single day until he would be hopefully fired by year 2 or 3 or 4 for "NOT WINNING TWELVE GAMES DAMMIT". If they admit this, then they obviously have to admit they were wrong about not hiring a Dabo in the first place. Zooker, Chimp and Butters (and now Mike White for second place triggered NV) are the shield which will be used for Chatter eternity against any pumper showing any glimmer of hope.

At least guys like the Donkey just come in and have a little fun and chuckle at message board insanity in general.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
White is much better than many of you give him credit. He does not have the pieces in place yet. Big men (like DL in football) are hard to get. His cruiting class next year should put us on solid ground. Dabo fired in 2.5 yrs? Only if this insane asylum had a say. This is fact. When he was promoted this board (most of the smart ones) said he wasnt gonna do well and he was a moron (in so many words).
My point, as well. Insofar as this board reflects Gator fandom, it does have a say and this board would surely have fired him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb