Damien Pierce lighting it up in Houston

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Was talking to a guy at lunch who is a big fantasy football guy and he claimed Pierce has moved way up most guy’s draft boards because they see him as a three down back. Any of you other fantasy guys seeing this?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Was talking to a guy at lunch who is a big fantasy football guy and he claimed Pierce has moved way up most guy’s draft boards because they see him as a three down back. Any of you other fantasy guys seeing this?
First off, I think he may be pulled on passing downs. Secondly, his productivity will likely be hurt by being on a bad team, as I already established. I like him, but only to a point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really you gave me a looney for this. What a tool.
I was going to let this go, but since you call me out I'm going to blast you out of the water. You've lost your mind lately for reasons I don't understand. Perhaps it's drugs, I don't know. I don't remember you being so strange.

We were talking about Pierce's NFL career, not his health later in life. Nobody gives a **** what Pierce is going to be feeling in his extremities as an old man, it's a sports board and we talk about sports. I think he knows the risks of football. OF COURSE not playing will make him healthier later in life, did you really just figure this out? I take it your advice is for him to retire now? Good Christ.

We were trying to have a sports discussion and you are telling us that it's better he doesn't play at all, like this is a message board for Canasta players or something. You make no sense, you need help.

Now call me another name so I can just flush you and be done with it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really you gave me a looney for this. What a tool.
Cat Goodbye GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Or, just a different perspective, the bad offense enables him to get a ton of carries so he can get plenty of yards/TD’s
Truth, you aren't getting a ton of carries when you're down 20. The Texans are going to be playing from behind a lot. It's hard being a RB on a bad team.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's the NFL. no one gets a ton of carries outside of Derrick Henry. The old school run game does not exist.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Then he's the checkdown guy. Always find alternative reasons:thug:
Unfortunately, it looks like Rex Burkhead is going to be the primary receiving back. Perhaps if Pierce becomes a killer pass blocker he can become a trusted pass-catcher. Plus, Burkhead gets hurt every five minutes or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.