Dan Mullen comments to the press

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by jaywalker72, May 15, 2019.

1. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,226
    Ratings:
    +2,708 / -81
    Rex, I'm not trying to be a snot here, but you sure make a lot of assumptions. And the inflammatory deductions / insinuations / accusatory comments seem to have become your bread and butter. You threw out some stuff the other day about "what decent person" would let a player participate in a glorified scrimmage - just because he did not yet have the facts in hand. You did sort of walk that back by saying it was just a rhetorical question. But the implication was clear then, and even more so now in the light of your subsequent comments.

I will agree that DM MAY well have "bungled" the situation with Steele, but then again MAYBE NOT. I tend to agree with the donkey and others that there were multiple factors involved in Steeles' departure and it really doesn't matter at this point, one way or the other. He's gone, take any appropriate lesson the situation has to offer and move the hell on. Steele is history, and just a minor footnote at that.

• T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,947
      Ratings:
      +7,362 / -585
      I really have zero tolerance for violence against women. We won't even go into why I feel this way...it's very personal to me and not just how I was raised btw. Mullen needs to do better IMHO. I still like the guy and am still behind him. I don't think this whole bag of crap was handled well. I said before...hopefully, it is a learning experience. I never once called for his job or anything. It's just an opinion on a message board. Not sure what the big deal is...

• lizardbreath

Oxbucks:
        $2,226
        Ratings:
        +2,708 / -81
        I detest violence as well and I genuinely respect your feelings. I've also had some personal and professional experience in that area myself. But due process and a "fair hearing" for all is part of the presumption of innocence to which we are all entitled. After a proper review of the facts, JJ was suspended from all team activities and apparently advised that it was time to move on. The DA may decide otherwise at some point, but for UF and CDM, case closed.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $8,958
          Ratings:
          +15,270 / -220
          "I don't see anything acceptable about violence against women." Doesn't sound definite enough.??

• Sec14Gator

Sec14Gator Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,958
          Ratings:
          +2,195 / -120

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $8,958
            Ratings:
            +15,270 / -220
            If I were put with a roommate that was a moral degenerate and my coach did not respect such an unusual switch request, I would be angry at my coach. That's even before JJ committed assaults or semi-assaults. Then when my name got linked publicly to those assaults, I'd want out of here.

All the blame should remain with JJ, not Mullen, not Steele. JJ's actions will stain UF throughout next season. Lord help us if Alyssa Milano takes up this cause. I hear she's called a Town Hall for Gainesville prostitutes.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Your mother makes me sammiches
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $42,375
              Ratings:
              +67,026 / -3,152
              I dont remember. Was the topic? Girls w break your back thighs?

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Your mother makes me sammiches
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $42,375
              Ratings:
              +67,026 / -3,152
              *** unless they are five stars.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $8,958
              Ratings:
              +15,270 / -220
              Once upon a time the tendency was that the best athletes showed the best sportsmanship in all areas??

• lizardbreath

Oxbucks:
              $2,226
              Ratings:
              +2,708 / -81
              That's an excellent starting point beyond a doubt!