Dan Mullen is 13-38 against ranked opponents

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Well, since he is likely to never make any championship bowl games, we can expect the post season losing to continue. Especially since the bowls are considered meaningless.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, since he is likely to never make any championship bowl games, we can expect the post season losing to continue. Especially since the bowls are considered meaningless.
It’s gotten that way at many places. Michigan laid down last year just like we did this year. There’s other examples but I don’t feel like looking them up right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It is always the garbage coaches who want to discount the bowl and SECG losses.

No coach should ever discount bowl games. That was me and other fans. And no coach or anyone for that matter has ever discounted SECGs.

Slow down with the drinking. It’s early.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
It’s gotten that way at many places. Michigan laid down last year just like we did this year. There’s other examples but I don’t feel like looking them up right now.
Doesn't change the fact that if we don't make a championship scenario, we are likely to lose. When you create the mentality that these games don't matter, the players will follow.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Doesn't change the fact that if we don't make a championship scenario, we are likely to lose. When you create the mentality that these games don't matter, the players will follow.

No real disagreement from me, and I’m not saying it’s right. But I heard for two weeks that NY6 games were irrelevant and it’s playoff or nothing. Now suddenly it’s a big game?

But don’t take my word for it. Check out page 2 specifically.

Florida falls 1 spot to 7 in playoff spot; lock for NY6 Bowl

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
No coach should ever discount bowl games. That was me and other fans. And no coach or anyone for that matter has ever discounted SECGs.

Slow down with the drinking. It’s early.

No coach should ever discount ANY game. No coach should show or accept less than 100% effort for any game. As soon as you accept less, players will give you less when you can least afford it. it breeds a soft culture.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No coach should ever discount ANY game. No coach should show or accept less than 100% effort for any game. As soon as you accept less, players will give you less when you can least afford it.

Then kill bowl games all together. Because that’s the new reality. I have been very clear that Wuerffel was my favorite QB of all time. But take away Ike, Reidel, and Hilliard(plus someone else) from him in any game against a Top-10 team and it’s a different story. I’m pissed about Lsu(mostly because my 9 year old is still mad about it) and hate that we left opportunities on the table in Atl because of a bad DC choice by Mullen. But the Cotton Bowl loss doesn’t even register with me. The Sooner fans chanting SEC because they beat a team with about 1/3 it’s starters out is embarrassing.

I can agree that Mullen has to do a better job of not letting his personal thoughts become the team’s(see Lsu). But it doesn’t change the fact that bowl games outside of the playoff are meaningless. I was in NO when we beat WVU in the Sugar after ‘93. As cool as it was in the moment, I got laughed at from nole classmates when I talked about it the next week, because it meant absolutely nothing and they’d won it all. Nothing has changed. If it had then there would’ve been no complaints about the last two years with Peach and Orange bowl wins under our belt.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Then kill bowl games all together. Because that’s the new reality. I have been very clear that Wuerffel was my favorite QB of all time. But take away Ike, Reidel, and Hilliard(plus someone else) from him in any game against a Top-10 team and it’s a different story. I’m pissed about Lsu(mostly because my 9 year old is still mad about it) and hate that we left opportunities on the table in Atl because of a bad DC choice by Mullen. But the Cotton Bowl loss doesn’t even register with me. The Sooner fans chanting SEC because they beat a team with about 1/3 it’s starters out is embarrassing.

I can agree that Mullen has to do a better job of not letting his personal thoughts become the team’s(see Lsu). But it doesn’t change the fact that bowl games outside of the playoff are meaningless. I was in NO when we beat WVU in the Sugar after ‘93. As cool as it was in the moment, I got laughed at from nole classmates when I talked about it the next week, because it meant absolutely nothing and they’d won it all. Nothing has changed. If it had then there would’ve been no complaints about the last two years with Peach and Orange bowl wins under our belt.
Nole friends huh? media-1602414301704-Oct_7_2020_18_27.jpeg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
His record is his record. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew this was a terrible hire when it happened, so shouldn't be surprised with where we are as a program now.

From a cursory glance it may appear that he has (slightly) outperformed the two losers that preceded him, but by the end of next year when he no longer has Trask and the forward pass to save him from himself, it will be obvious that Dullem was no better than Musktaint or McCuckoldshark.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nole friends huh?

Classmates. Can honestly say I never had nole friends. Most were bulldogs in elementary but switched in the late 80s. Almost all were Cowboys as well. Not the easiest stretch for me in middle school.

Married into family with a nole cousin. Close as it gets.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

Call me old fashioned, but there was a time when players played for pride, the love of the game, and because they wanted to send the seniors out with a win.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Call me old fashioned, but there was a time when players played for pride, the love of the game, and because they wanted to send the seniors out with a win.

I may be the biggest throwback on here in real life, so I get it. If we’re going philosophical, we’re in agreement. I’m not a big fan of having zero room left for tattoos or having multiple(or any) kids by the time you leave college either, but that too is out of my control. If we’re going practical reality, though, players with NFL hopes don’t think that way and bowl games have gone from meaningless to beyond meaningless, especially when it’s not even the same team that earned the spot all season.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What is apparent to me lately is/are his play calling...preparedness...and his pressers...

His pressers say VOLUMES...after TAMU...Really?

He is arrogant and clueless...he'll blame 2020 on COVID...but hey Coach Dan...EVERYBODY faced the same thing. UGA played a meaningless bowl against Cincinnati...did they show?

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if he’s the right guy. He’s miles better than the last two buffoons. But, wow, does he do some stupid shyt. Weird pressers. Refusal to remove incompetent performers.

If Tristan Leigh commits to Oklahoma (as expected) he should boot Hevesy as well. The OL is better than it was under Butters. Sort of. But not much better. Because he doesn’t even try to recruit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb