Dan Mullen is one lucky SOB

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There were a couple wonky incidents last year where Dan’s bacon got saved by some crazy **** but so far the wave of dumb luck he’s ridden to this point takes the cake.

Both Miami and UK missed crucial and makeable late game FGs.

Both opponents lost key pieces of their teams before playing us. UK lost like five defenders during the game.

Wilson goes down before playing us and then Dan is suddenly now, unwillingly it seems, because of Franks’ injury, forced to go to a legit pass happy offense that puts our success squarely on the shoulders of our best position group and plays to what our OL currently can do well.

These WRs and pass catching TEs are the only thing that will give us ANY chance and now, because of crazy azz **** way outside his control, he’s got no choice but to use them.

All waves dissipate no matter how well you ride them and dan better figure out how this team is gonna get it done without this much luck cuz it won’t always be there.

People like you cause good coaches to leave a program. Sad sad sad.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every week, I read hundreds of post game comments and every now and then one resonates.....

Here is a classic from Murthafker: The Gators are 31 and 1 against UK, when wearing any uniform, since 1987.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

GTFOH with that lunacy. Saying he’s been riding some very good luck so far this season is nowhere near saying he’s a bad coach and I want him gone.

He’s got the ability to coach these kids up and get them thru stretches where we don’t get some good fortune and with the youth, depth, and inexperience he’s dealing with so far this year that’s exactly what he’s gonna have to do.

Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
From what I've seen of Mullen, the reflection that he and his coaches would be having isn't over whether or not going for 2 was the right thing to do, but what play call might be more effective given our personnel. Perhaps a good time to give EJ a snap, assuming he had a package that had been practiced that included a goal line RPO? If nothing else, it probably would have caused Kentucky to burn one of the timeouts that posed a threat at the end of the game.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
People like him are also the reason that idiot’s like Foley couldn’t keep coaches like Champ or Zook around. If no one was bringing up valid criticism, the Foley’s of the world would never be forced to reconcile their mistakes.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

It doesn’t help accept your position of trust the coaches because you are hoping he reconsiders to the lesser choice. Then, the contradiction is in one vein you started by saying all you know is we won and only the result can be known. The implication in nearly all your posts is to believe the coaches know more than us. Ok, but we won going for 2, which is the only result you claimed you knew. Then, when you note you and everyone else was saying to the tv to go for 1, it is no different from everyone doing he same second guessing on this forum. That’s how so.

Now i go back to self loathing for bothering to respond to this (or at all in this thread).

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It doesn’t help accept your position of trust the coaches because you are hoping he reconsiders to the lesser choice. Then, the contradiction is in one vein you started by saying all you know is we won and only the result can be known. The implication in nearly all your posts is to believe the coaches know more than us. Ok, but we won going for 2, which is the only result you claimed you knew. Then, when you note you and everyone else was saying to the tv to go for 1, it is no different from everyone doing he same second guessing on this forum. That’s how so.

Now i go back to self loathing for bothering to respond to this (or at all in this thread).

You must be drinking. I never said or implied trust the coaches. I said it worked out in the end regardless of whether you, i or anyone agreed with it. My point was I’ll take the win. I have no idea how the game would have turned out had we kicked. We didn’t kick and we won.

I have not read or heard anything about what he actually has said about his decision and whether he feels he was right or wrong. I would hope this scenario has warranted some discussion with the staff as it has with us. Rather than “trust the coaches” I’m saying it’s his call. But I’ll let the rest of you argue all week about what the right decision was.

My point was we got the win the way it was handled. Next up Tennessee.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Going for two was absolutely the right call. We were down by 5. Being down by 4 changes nothing. It was a low scoring game in the 4th QTR. Not to mention every chart will tell you it was the right call. Had we not gone for two and UK eventually kicked a FG to tie the game everybody would be bytching that Mullen played not to lose. On an opponents field you always make the aggressive call. Granted the plays he called were hot garbage but the decision was the correct one.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong wrong and fn wrong. We all understand basic single digit arithmetic. The discussion is about likely events over the course of 13 minutes of college football. Taking a risk that early in the game is not only statistically foolish but an act of desperation that sends the wrong message to the team. It screams “I don’t think we can score another touchdown.” I put it almost up there with sweater vest going on fourth down in his own end during the 06 nattie. Pathetic loser ball.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong wrong and fn wrong. We all understand basic single digit arithmetic. The discussion is about likely events over the course of 13 minutes of college football. Taking a risk that early in the game is not only statistically foolish but an act of desperation that sends the wrong message to the team. It screams “I don’t think we can score another touchdown.” I put it almost up there with sweater vest going on fourth down in his own end during the 06 nattie. Pathetic loser ball.
Basic single digit arithmetic doesn’t exist anymore. Welcome to Common Core!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Lol. Who do you believe gets to make the call? Us?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017

upload_2019-9-18_12-20-59.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator