Dan Mullen is...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...what we needed right now. Maybe not what we wanted, but what we needed.

He has this team playing like a team. I would like to see less mental mistakes, but hopefully that will come as the season progresses. I also never thought Franks would be serviceable.
Ding, ding, ding.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Your av;

giphy.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Actually.... UK is ranked and Cowbell ismt or wont be.

0-1

GREAT MONTH though. Maybe we beat UK if played now. October will be rougher but there are flashes. Let's hope recruits start biting.

Cowbell was 23rd AP & 19th USA Today/Coaches. KY wasn’t ranked when we played them.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I know we complained about some of the play calls during the game but overall it was a brilliantly called game by Mullen. Mullen knew there was no way we were going to pound it in between the tackles all night and he knew there was no way we were just going to drop back and pass the ball. They would've stuffed the run and sacked us all night. It would've gotten real ugly real fast. I thought he called a stellar game. The Toney TD was perfectly setup by all the screens. We kept begging for a fake screen and he called it late in the game but it just didn't work out. My favorite play call was the third down conversion where Toney was sent in motion as the decoy and we hit that new kid who hadn't played all year on the slant. That's smart play calling that we haven't seen since 2008 (coincidence??) He knows what he's doing on offense and it showed tonight.

Side note, yet another great special teams performance tonight.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He has done a pretty good job w the scraps he was left.

Hard to run OR pass on offense w no O line.

Is it just me or do our lined seem completely OVERMATCHED early then do better late in game.

Seems like superior conditioning on our part.

The game plan early took pressure off them, with the quick throwing etc. They did seem to settle in and the whole team was better in the 2nd half - OL included. We throttled their offense and moved the ball pretty well.

I was nervous when Grantham sent everyone on the last MSU play. But he was right.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018

He has this team playing like a team. I would like to see less mental mistakes, but hopefully that will come as the season progresses. I also never thought Franks would be serviceable.

I saw your Avatar at the game, rewound it and took her pic. What a class representation for Gator Nation.!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When Chump won games like that people *****ed.

Some did.

This seems different to me. It wasn’t a putrid offensive game. 20 first downs, sustained drives, 200+ yards passing & 350+ total. 12 players caught passes and 5 ran it. Inventive plays.

And in a very hostile environment. Very nice win.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Besides the defense playing great, I was really impressed with the Oline overall. Part of it was smart playcalling on Dan's part but those guys had their best performance so far this year IMO. And franks seems to stay composed in pressure situations. Very positive win.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
When Chump won games like that people *****ed.

Chump made our offense play below their talent level. DM is taking mostly mac-level talent and elevating their production... so far. We’ll see if he can continue to rebuild the program.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The thing is it looks like over the past five games Mullen looked like he was trying to figure out the best way to use Franks and I think he finally has it down. This is a coaching win, plain and simple. I am really glad we have Mullen now. And Grantham actually made adjustments at half time. We are a much improved team but we still have a long way to go. Mullen inherited a complete mess. It's astounding they even look like a normal team for once. After five games Mullen looks like a winner compared to Kelly and Frost. Let's see what happens against LSU and the leg humpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb