Dan Mullen is...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Technically we aren’t bowl eligible yet. Only 1 fcs win can go towards eligibility

I think that rule has changed w/ the difficulty of filling the 35+ bowl games.

I can't post tweets from work, but it's on twitter (so it has to be true!!).....

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

I can't post tweets from work, but it's on twitter (so it has to be true!!).....
Hmmmm ok cool. Just saw some people saying it and assumed it was still true. Either way I don’t think we have to worry about bowl eligibility lol

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Didn't know that either. I actually posted the same things as Slevin yesterday.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They've actually let a couple of 5-7 teams play in bowl games the last few years.

Somebody just got that news.

giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hmmmm ok cool. Just saw some people saying it and assumed it was still true. Either way I don’t think we have to worry about bowl eligibility lol

Out of curiosity, I googled it and it looks like the 2 FCS wins is still a rule...but is waived if there aren't enough 6-6 teams to fill all the bowl spots (same w/ 5-7 records - can't go if there are 6-6 teams still available). I just posted the initial comment because I saw a tweet that said he just got a $100K bonus for bowl eligibility. Regardless, he'll get it this weekend!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No way they win 5

I don't really disagree. And BethuneCookman is FCS, so there's that hurdle as well. But they've also been in every game, and still have FIU, GT, Louisville, fsu and Pitt. So the idea of falling into 3 of those isn't out of the question. I just thought the gif was funny.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they actually allow you to count two 1aa teams every two or three years or something like that. The problem is with conferences expanding there are less and less of the geographic schools available.

Unfortunately the cost for one is now crazy, too.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Nope. Doug said it the day he was hired over a year ago. Been making fun of him ever since. And now all of a sudden he didn’t say it? Yeah ok, traz. “We know who he is” was repeated ad nauseam. I will continue to make fun of him for it. It’s not the end of Doug’s world. I hardly doubt he cares

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
At the very least, we can count on WiLLLLLLLie ensuring that for us.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We should comb back through this thread and see how many of @Swamp Donkey ’s predictions turned out to be stupid. I’m guessing the score is 100% stupid but the total number of incorrect assertions should be fun. Slev’s thread so I nominate him for the research and reporting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator