Dan Mullen

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well, he hired Grantham, so there's that. Then his love affair with EJ torpedoed the O.
Yea, Grantham was a problem today. But EJ also moved the ball very well several times. It was hit or miss, mostly hit. Defense caused this.

MCMCKUF

Sep 12, 2018
Other than the wasted series where EJ came in when in negative territory, no complaints offensively worth stewing on. we were counter punching with clock eating drives. We needed to eat clock and did. Their defense was gassed in the 4th. Get healthy, lets win out. We still control our destiny.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bringing Jones in in the 3rd when Trask was lighting it up ended the game right there. If I was AD, I would have pulled him into the locker room and fired him on the spot. I was so pissed I nearly threw my TV into the street.
EJ had been effective up to that point and the drive before Trask was poor. I think he wanted a running game, which EJ had provided prior to that. I don’t like how it turned out but it wasn’t crazy at the time.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If we don’t get healthy UGA and Missouri look like potential losses. If Chump can start running on us we may be in trouble next week too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullen is not an idiot, that game at least goes to overtime if not won outright.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just hate switching QB’s when one has a hot hand. The INT should have been defensive holding for pantsing Cleve and then the missed PI in the end zone late, but those last two calls were horrible decisions when you have our receivers. The O kept us in the game but Mullen called a 95% good game. The other 5% was a disaster. Our D was pure trash.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has had head scratching playcalls all season. This game was 85% called well, but the other 15% was really bad. I also knew the game was lost after EJ's 3 and out. Also, running the ball on 1st and 20 and then later on 2nd and long in the 4th doesn't make any sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EJ had been effective up to that point and the drive before Trask was poor. I think he wanted a running game, which EJ had provided prior to that. I don’t like how it turned out but it wasn’t crazy at the time.
Retarded. We had just marched down the field and scored an easy TD with Trask. There is ZERO justification for Jones coming in there.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Bringing Jones in in the 3rd when Trask was lighting it up ended the game right there. If I was AD, I would have pulled him into the locker room and fired him on the spot. I was so pissed I nearly threw my TV into the street.
This was the beginning of the end for Mullen. An absolutely, unbelievably, moronic decision based on the situation. Game ended right there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If Mullen is not an idiot, that game at least goes to overtime if not won outright.

Kyle’s terrible decision to throw that int in the end zone made that almost impossible. Dan had called a good drive to that point. Defense folded right after.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has done some really good things and seemingly turned this program around in a year and a half...but we aren’t there yet.

He does make a couple awful decisions every game, isn’t recruiting at nearly a high enough level, and has a couple terrible assistants that should be shown the door yesterday.

Overall, can’t be too mad about where we’re at. We’ll find out soon if he can get over the hump.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This was the beginning of the end for Mullen. An absolutely, unbelievably, moronic decision based on the situation. Game ended right there.
Agreed. Any faith I had built up in the man went up in smoke there. Couldn’t believe it and still can’t.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I place 80% of this loss on Grantham. I couldn't see that he came into the game with a plan and I did not see any kind of adjustments. The other 20% is on Mullen's insistence on his running game. It hasn't worked all year. And It's not going to work with Trask. You have a gunslinger, use him. Go more west coast, similar to what LSwho was doing to us.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle’s terrible decision to throw that int in the end zone made that almost impossible. Dan had called a good drive to that point. Defense folded right after.
what's funny is this was the time to leave EJ in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.