Dan Mullen

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by oxrageous, Oct 12, 2019.

  1. SeabeeGator

    SeabeeGator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2018
    Messages:
    7,032
    Oxbucks:
    $10,330
    Ratings:
    +10,697 / -725
    Yea, Grantham was a problem today. But EJ also moved the ball very well several times. It was hit or miss, mostly hit. Defense caused this.
     
    • MCMCKUF

      MCMCKUF Member

      Joined:
      Sep 12, 2018
      Messages:
      13
      Oxbucks:
      $44
      Ratings:
      +44 / -0
      Other than the wasted series where EJ came in when in negative territory, no complaints offensively worth stewing on. we were counter punching with clock eating drives. We needed to eat clock and did. Their defense was gassed in the 4th. Get healthy, lets win out. We still control our destiny.
       
      • oxrageous

        oxrageous It's Good to be King
        Administrator

        Joined:
        Jun 5, 2014
        Messages:
        27,603
        Oxbucks:
        $35,886
        Ratings:
        +56,550 / -2,097
        There’s 2 banned. Who’s next? I’m not in a good mood right now.
         
        • Facepalm x 2
        • WTF? x 2
        • Like x 1
        • Dislike x 1
        • Stoned x 1
        • List
        • dz_23

          dz_23 Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

          Joined:
          Apr 3, 2016
          Messages:
          594
          Oxbucks:
          $383
          Ratings:
          +644 / -19
          Bringing Jones in 3rd
          3rd and 1 pass call
          1st and goal x 4
           
          • SeabeeGator

            SeabeeGator Well-Known Member
            Lifetime Member

            Joined:
            Jan 2, 2018
            Messages:
            7,032
            Oxbucks:
            $10,330
            Ratings:
            +10,697 / -725
            EJ had been effective up to that point and the drive before Trask was poor. I think he wanted a running game, which EJ had provided prior to that. I don’t like how it turned out but it wasn’t crazy at the time.
             
            • LongTooth

              LongTooth Senior Member

              Joined:
              Feb 4, 2015
              Messages:
              2,810
              Oxbucks:
              $2,462
              Ratings:
              +3,253 / -96
              If we don’t get healthy UGA and Missouri look like potential losses. If Chump can start running on us we may be in trouble next week too.
               
            • oxrageous

              oxrageous It's Good to be King
              Administrator

              Joined:
              Jun 5, 2014
              Messages:
              27,603
              Oxbucks:
              $35,886
              Ratings:
              +56,550 / -2,097
              If Mullen is not an idiot, that game at least goes to overtime if not won outright.
               
              • gingerlover

                gingerlover Junior Member
                Lifetime Member

                Joined:
                Sep 20, 2014
                Messages:
                3,024
                Oxbucks:
                $1,887
                Ratings:
                +2,962 / -21
                I just hate switching QB’s when one has a hot hand. The INT should have been defensive holding for pantsing Cleve and then the missed PI in the end zone late, but those last two calls were horrible decisions when you have our receivers. The O kept us in the game but Mullen called a 95% good game. The other 5% was a disaster. Our D was pure trash.
                 
                • GatorJB

                  GatorJB Senior Member
                  Lifetime Member

                  Joined:
                  Jun 12, 2014
                  Messages:
                  2,827
                  Oxbucks:
                  $2,340
                  Ratings:
                  +3,995 / -36
                  Mullen has had head scratching playcalls all season. This game was 85% called well, but the other 15% was really bad. I also knew the game was lost after EJ's 3 and out. Also, running the ball on 1st and 20 and then later on 2nd and long in the 4th doesn't make any sense.
                   
                  • oxrageous

                    oxrageous It's Good to be King
                    Administrator

                    Joined:
                    Jun 5, 2014
                    Messages:
                    27,603
                    Oxbucks:
                    $35,886
                    Ratings:
                    +56,550 / -2,097
                    Retarded. We had just marched down the field and scored an easy TD with Trask. There is ZERO justification for Jones coming in there.
                     
                    • RocketCityGator

                      RocketCityGator In All Kinds of Weather
                      Lifetime Member

                      Joined:
                      Aug 31, 2014
                      Messages:
                      2,069
                      Oxbucks:
                      $1,921
                      Ratings:
                      +3,034 / -194
                      You seemed so sure of this game. What did you bet on it? It wasn't GC was it?
                       
                    • RocketCityGator

                      RocketCityGator In All Kinds of Weather
                      Lifetime Member

                      Joined:
                      Aug 31, 2014
                      Messages:
                      2,069
                      Oxbucks:
                      $1,921
                      Ratings:
                      +3,034 / -194
                      This I agree with. Boneheaded call.
                       
                    • 78

                      78 Dazed and Confused
                      Lifetime Member

                      Joined:
                      Jun 9, 2014
                      Messages:
                      17,435
                      Oxbucks:
                      $15,671
                      Ratings:
                      +22,258 / -1,193
                      Yawn.

                      Surprised you didn't pan Mullen for every time he brought in Jones. Including the good series.
                       
                    • YLGator

                      YLGator Rams Schmuck
                      Lifetime Member

                      Joined:
                      Jan 14, 2016
                      Messages:
                      1,118
                      Oxbucks:
                      $2,387
                      Ratings:
                      +2,682 / -198
                      This was the beginning of the end for Mullen. An absolutely, unbelievably, moronic decision based on the situation. Game ended right there.
                       
                      • Stoned Stoned x 2
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
                      • List
                      • LongTooth

                        LongTooth Senior Member

                        Joined:
                        Feb 4, 2015
                        Messages:
                        2,810
                        Oxbucks:
                        $2,462
                        Ratings:
                        +3,253 / -96
                        Kyle’s terrible decision to throw that int in the end zone made that almost impossible. Dan had called a good drive to that point. Defense folded right after.
                         
                        • Jay26

                          Jay26 Senior Member
                          Lifetime Member

                          Joined:
                          Jun 18, 2014
                          Messages:
                          9,003
                          Oxbucks:
                          $6,168
                          Ratings:
                          +12,307 / -356
                          Mullen has done some really good things and seemingly turned this program around in a year and a half...but we aren’t there yet.

                          He does make a couple awful decisions every game, isn’t recruiting at nearly a high enough level, and has a couple terrible assistants that should be shown the door yesterday.

                          Overall, can’t be too mad about where we’re at. We’ll find out soon if he can get over the hump.
                           
                          • oxrageous

                            oxrageous It's Good to be King
                            Administrator

                            Joined:
                            Jun 5, 2014
                            Messages:
                            27,603
                            Oxbucks:
                            $35,886
                            Ratings:
                            +56,550 / -2,097
                            Agreed. Any faith I had built up in the man went up in smoke there. Couldn’t believe it and still can’t.
                             
                            • Zambo

                              Zambo Poo Flinger
                              Lifetime Member

                              Joined:
                              Jun 12, 2014
                              Messages:
                              10,813
                              Oxbucks:
                              $13,717
                              Ratings:
                              +24,763 / -494
                              :lol:
                               
                            • RocketCityGator

                              RocketCityGator In All Kinds of Weather
                              Lifetime Member

                              Joined:
                              Aug 31, 2014
                              Messages:
                              2,069
                              Oxbucks:
                              $1,921
                              Ratings:
                              +3,034 / -194
                              I place 80% of this loss on Grantham. I couldn't see that he came into the game with a plan and I did not see any kind of adjustments. The other 20% is on Mullen's insistence on his running game. It hasn't worked all year. And It's not going to work with Trask. You have a gunslinger, use him. Go more west coast, similar to what LSwho was doing to us.
                               
                              • Zambo

                                Zambo Poo Flinger
                                Lifetime Member

                                Joined:
                                Jun 12, 2014
                                Messages:
                                10,813
                                Oxbucks:
                                $13,717
                                Ratings:
                                +24,763 / -494
                                what's funny is this was the time to leave EJ in the game.
                                 

                                Share This Page

                                The Box

                                Help

                                You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

                                  1. There are currently no users chatting.
                                    • About Us

                                      Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                                    • Like us on Facebook

                                    • Buy us a Zima!

                                      The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.