Dan Mullen

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU averages 10 a carry for the game and you guys blame it on one offensive series.

:lmao2:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Agreed. Any faith I had built up in the man went up in smoke there. Couldn’t believe it and still can’t.
Right there with you. Then he did it again the play before the int. Pulled Trask, broke his momentum and then sent him in for the int.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Retarded. We had just marched down the field and scored an easy TD with Trask. There is ZERO justification for Jones coming in there.
I didn’t like it either but understand what he was trying to do. Our line killed us the drive before and Trask didn’t have his best series. He tried to open up the run. Failed but inserting Jones at other points had worked well. I dunno, I’m more frustrated with Grantham and the total lack of defense or adjustments. Maybe it was injuries but we just looked totally unprepared on defense.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
He brought out a lot more of the playbook. When you call a more aggressive game, you open yourself up to criticism.

I personally have no gripes with what we did offensively.

Exactly. I could pick a few things I hated. EJ coming in 2nd drive of Q3 is the easiest to hate in hindsight. But I understand why it was done. Also, some of the other EJ cameos seemed to throw Trask off a bit. Although, on that INT Cleveland was basically ridden like a horse the whole route, and seemed to be #1 option if open for easy 1st, not sure how it wasn't a flag - and how neither Fowler nor Herby mentioned it...

But, big picture, offense outdid themselves with sustained drives, excellent execution, and TD's. If the ball "bounces" the other way on a few plays way may have stolen a W there.

LSU is better than I expected, and our defense really isn't deep enough to play through multiple injuries w/o a talent drop.

I feel like if we don't have any prolonged injuries on D (I.E. a few guys miss SC and get back for gay) then the rest of our schedule will be W's until SECCG.

BTW, caught Grantham saying, "This is on me" while tapping his chest, looking pretty disappointed in himself as the clock wound down.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His biggest issue is he really wants to run the option. He did it at the end of the game. And it’s why he brought in EJ for those series.

We can’t run the ball and it’s driving him crazy.

But we lost that game because we’re infested with fleas in our program. We thought we cleared out the fleas by firing Chimp.

Georgia has loser in their DNA. Get rid of 3rd and Grantham.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I place 80% of this loss on Grantham. I couldn't see that he came into the game with a plan and I did not see any kind of adjustments. The other 20% is on Mullen's insistence on his running game. It hasn't worked all year. And It's not going to work with Trask. You have a gunslinger, use him. Go more west coast, similar to what LSwho was doing to us.
We actually gained pretty good yardage compared to normal on the ground. Was surprised, frankly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The defense was terrible. Didn't tackle worth a shcit and didn't cover worth a shcit. Sure there was some odd play calls but we needed to steal a play here and there because they were clearly ththe better team. We've got to recruit better. we lost in the trenches tonight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He brought out a lot more of the playbook. When you call a more aggressive game, you open yourself up to criticism.
Are you kidding?

It is the conservative ass option calls that get him criticism, not the aggressive part of the game.

In the end though, we just didnt have any advantages on the field. Gotta recruit.

We played like a #15-20 tonight, which is what we are.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Really the offense was fine. I was more disappointed in Granthams defense. We moved up and down the field in the #5 ranked team in the country. Everything is still in front of us if we beat the leg jumpers (which now I think we will) it’s tough to win in Death Valley at night and tough to go undefeated. I was personally impressed with our offense tonight

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I predicted last week that pumpers would become dumpers, guess I was one week too early.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding?

It is the conservative ass option calls that get him criticism, not the aggressive part of the game.

In the end though, we just didnt have any advantages on the field. Gotta recruit.

Trask throws it 39 times and you have to jump right back on the option narrative. Give it up, dude. We put up damn near 500 yards in Baton Rouge. That has zero to do with this loss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trask throws it 39 times and you have to jump right back on the option narrative. Give it up, dude. We put up damn near 500 yards in Baton Rouge. That has zero to do with this loss.
Zero to do with it? With the defense in shambles, every point mattered. Mullen left 2 or 3 TD’s on the field with his idiocy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding?

Exactly. Yes I'm pissed we ran the option on that last possession but we've got to level the playing field. we didn't hthe horses to match up.LSU's new OC changes things.Good news for us ,I doubt he lasts too long there if they keep this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator