Dan Mullen

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Dan didn't call a perfect game, but he called a pretty good one. What we needed was for our defense to make some stops and they didn't.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The 2-QB system needs to be scrapped. Leave Trask in the entire freaking game.
Why are you all over the offense? They scored 28 and had legit chances to add 10-14 more if not for boneheaded decisions by the QB and coach. The defense gave up a legit 42. Big plays every where. No pressure. No turnovers. Multiple missed tackles. Just bad all over.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you all over the offense? They scored 28 and had legit chances to add 10-14 more if not for boneheaded decisions by the QB and coach. The defense gave up a legit 42. Big plays every where. No pressure. No turnovers. Multiple missed tackles. Just bad all over.
The defense can all go to hell. It was up to the offense to bail those bastards out, and Mullen let them down.

He’s officially on the hot seat and Stricklin needs to start making calls.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zero to do with it? With the defense in shambles, every point mattered. Mullen left 2 or 3 TD’s on the field with his idiocy.
So it was the offense's fault that the defense played so poorly that it called for a near perfect offensive game to pull this one out?

I hadn't considered that angle.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
News alert. LSU is gonna average 40-45 a game for the season and Burrow will end up playing on Sundays.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
The defense can all go to hell. It was up to the offense to bail those bastards out, and Mullen let them down.

Dan and stricklin are on the hot seat??? So you’re good with Grantham?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

I get that you’re mad but wow. Jilted lover level anger tonight.

And I just don’t agree. Our defense has kept us in every game this season. They failed and our offense couldn’t go BIG 12 to bail them out. Never thought they should have to.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Trask was playing really well although he had gone 3 and out the series before. I don't think it was the best time to insert Jones particularly with the plays that were called....

I said it in the box earlier...we are 2 quality LB's, 2 quality Olinemen, a 230# 4.4 stud RB and a whole lot of quality depth from being championship material...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
BTW, caught Grantham saying, "This is on me" while tapping his chest, looking pretty disappointed in himself as the clock wound down.

No sh!t, Sherlock? You mailed it in you m'fkr. Zero pressure against a great QB and directing every DB to not be in the same zip code with any lsu receiver - ALL GAME. Way to earn your millions

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Burrow went like 21-23 tonight, Partly because we couldn't (or wouldn't) cover a simple 5 yard crossing route.... ANd then piss poor tackling after the catch.

This one's on the D

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the play calling was OK except near the end when Mullen started getting cute instead of just relying on what drove them down the field again and again. The last series was atrocious. Every play worse than the last. Frustrating to watch. But we lost this game because the defense was a sieve. Trying to beat LSU at home without your two starting defensive ends is next to impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.