Dan Mullen

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Bringing Jones in in the 3rd when Trask was lighting it up ended the game right there. If I was AD, I would have pulled him into the locker room and fired him on the spot. I was so pissed I nearly threw my TV into the street.

Ox, as emotional as you are right now, and as well as Trask played, he forced the ball a number of times and got away with it. Easily could have had 3 picks tonight. Bringing in EJ was an attempt to keep the defense honest and off balance. Trask chucking it all night long was not a viable plan as the fourth quarter proved. We have to have some kind of balance.

If I can second guess Mullen on anything I might have gone onsides with the KO after our first score of the second half. Still it’s hard to take that chance without letting your halftime adjustments play out first. But we needed to steal a possession from them, a lot like the Saints Colts super bowl

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ox, as emotional as you are right now, and as well as Trask played, he forced the ball a number of times and got away with it. Easily could have had 3 picks tonight. Bringing in EJ was an attempt to keep the defense honest and off balance. Trask chucking it all night long was not a viable plan as the fourth quarter proved. We have to have some kind of balance.

If I can second guess Mullen on anything I might have gone onsides with the KO after our first score of the second half. Still it’s hard to take that chance without letting your halftime adjustments play out first. But we needed to steal a possession from them, a lot like the Saints Colts super bowl
You’re insane. Onside? No way. Needed to slap Grantham repeatedly until the defense played better.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So just concede the long bomb then?
Turned into a long catch and run. Moon should never be on the other teams fastest player. No offense but if you think LSU was just so good that any change to our scheme wouldn’t have mattered, you’re crazy. Burrow ate up the short stuff and it pulled guys out of the box allowing effective running. A more aggressive scheme, specifically outside, slows them down.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
They were rolling right down the field in the 1st Q when both were in. Refusal to press or bring blitzes to rattle Burrow killed us.
I seem to remember Burrow running for his life early in the game, somehow scrambling to save the day. Once the pressure stopped the game got away. I agree with you though, laying back 10 yards off the line and rushing 4 in vanilla fashion was maddening to watch

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Turned into a long catch and run. Moon should never be on the other teams fastest player. No offense but if you think LSU was just so good that any change to our scheme wouldn’t have mattered, you’re crazy. Burrow ate up the short stuff and it pulled guys out of the box allowing effective running. A more aggressive scheme, specifically outside, slows them down.

I’m not saying our scheme was perfect or that it didn’t matter but I think we had a long row to hoe tonight to stop their offense. Burrow was making good reads, made no mistakes in the passing game that I saw, got the ball out quickly and accurately, and made us pay for tight coverage with his feet. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that they were highly effective tonight on offense.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I seem to remember Burrow running for his life early in the game, somehow scrambling to save the day. Once the pressure stopped the game got away. I agree with you though, laying back 10 yards off the line and rushing 4 in vanilla fashion was maddening to watch
He broke the pocket and scrambled efficiently. It was just good running by him and we had people with eyes on him. I don’t remember him running for his life at any point in the game.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m not saying our scheme was perfect or that it didn’t matter but I think we had a long row to hoe tonight to stop their offense. Burrow was making good reads, made no mistakes in the passing game that I saw, got the ball out quickly and accurately, and made us pay for tight coverage with his feet. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that they were highly effective tonight on offense.
How often did he have to make a contested throw? Some of that was him finding the right guy but a lot of that was soft coverage that left their WRs open in easy throwing lanes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator