David Price scores

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Talented guy.

From $14 million for 2014 with the Rays to $31 with the Red Sox. And Price can opt out after three years if he thinks he can get more elsewhere!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am really happy for David, he seems to be a really good guy.

This illustrates why I do not watch baseball anymore. Unlike any other sport, it is perfectly fine with everyone to allow a handful of teams to try every year to simply buy championships. In every other sport, there has to be an element of intelligence or savvy required to win consistently but not baseball. All you have to do is write checks and then stroke yourself as if you are a genius. Right Yankees? Right Red Sox? Dodgers, et al.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Horrific contract to give a 30 year old pitcher with a 5+ postseason ERA.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one is worth 31 million a year, no one!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am really happy for David, he seems to be a really good guy.

This illustrates why I do not watch baseball anymore. Unlike any other sport, it is perfectly fine with everyone to allow a handful of teams to try every year to simply buy championships. In every other sport, there has to be an element of intelligence or savvy required to win consistently but not baseball. All you have to do is write checks and then stroke yourself as if you are a genius. Right Yankees? Right Red Sox? Dodgers, et al.

Just in case you haven't noticed, the Yanks haven't been spending like Boston since the Old Man died. The haven't paid luxury tax in 3 years.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Just in case you haven't noticed, the Yanks haven't been spending like Boston since the Old Man died. The haven't paid luxury tax in 3 years.

Also in case you haven't noticed, the Dodgers haven't won a World Series since 1988....spending sprees notwithstanding.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one is worth 31 million a year, no one!

In baseball? There are definitely people worth that amount in football and basketball.

I wouldn't know about baseball. I haven't consistently watched baseball since Maddox, Smoltz, and Avery pitched.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Should have stayed in Toronto. But for that money go wherever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Big Sox fan. We needed to get some pitching badly. Do I think the deal is worth it? No. But that's where contracts are headed these days.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big Sox fan. We needed to get some pitching badly. Do I think the deal is worth it? No. But that's where contracts are headed these days.
Well congrats on your team getting the Payton Manning of pitchers.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Well congrats on your team getting the Payton Manning of pitchers.

He was solid last year and honestly solid against KC in the playoffs...he went 7-8 innings on both outings. What else do you want from a guy?

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
In baseball? There are definitely people worth that amount in football and basketball.

I wouldn't know about baseball. I haven't consistently watched baseball since Maddox, Smoltz, and Avery pitched.
I would say higher salaries belong to the best baseball and basketball players. I think with 11 players on the field no one player can be that dominate. In baseball a great pitcher can get you a win almost at every start if they preform. The Lebrons and Jordans can take over a game as well in basketball.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And the Yankees haven't won anything in the last 3 years either. Hmmm, I believe this supports my point.

If the big budget baseball teams have to actually be good at what they do, they struggle.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would say higher salaries belong to the best baseball and basketball players. I think with 11 players on the field no one player can be that dominate. In baseball a great pitcher can get you a win almost at every start if they preform. The Lebrons and Jordans can take over a game as well in basketball.

I think quarterbacks are just as important. I don't think you need to pay a receiver or running back that kind of money. But if your quarterback goes down and he is elite, you're done.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The number of games in MLB and the NBA are why they can pay more. More games=more revenue.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

**** atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator