DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There were a couple tweets. One from Miguel Mitchell (who says his account was hacked) and one from Willcoxon (Who has since deleted his tweet) Basically alluding To the fact that Dean is getting so much PT and other safeties are not getting a chance.

I heard so many great things about Toney but his position is safeties and the safety room is really bad right now. How can Wilson not get more time? What about McMillon?

And moving away from safety, McClellan needs to get more PT. Where is Diwun Black? Has Gervon Dexter regressed?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Where is Diwun Black?
Good question. The guy had to jump thru hoops to be a gator and tried his best to recruit everyone. He made a good play punching the ball loose and I dont see him being any worse than some of the guys who are getting alot of playing time. Did he piss someone off?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There were a couple tweets. One from Miguel Mitchell (who says his account was hacked) and one from Willcoxon (Who has since deleted his tweet) Basically alluding To the fact that Dean is getting so much PT and other safeties are not getting a chance.

I heard so many great things about Toney but his position is safeties and the safety room is really bad right now. How can Wilson not get more time? What about McMillon?

And moving away from safety, McClellan needs to get more PT. Where is Diwun Black? Has Gervon Dexter regressed?

I have two theories on Dexter. One is that I notice he is a senior now according to his jersey, so he’s obviously had a kid. I can’t imagine being 20 and having school football and a child. Maybe that has distracted him and/or is causing him to view this year as a contract year, so he’s not just playing. The other thought is that if he’s not surrounded by other guys doing their part, he can be taken out by OL’s.

On Dean, I referenced KJ last night and I think there’s a lot of similarity. Jackson not only started in front of Nelson in early 2005, he also resurfaced in 2007 in front of Major Wright the first half of the year. KJ was better than Dean, but neither were good. They just somehow earned the trust of the coaches that they knew assignments better and would be in position to make the play, even if they didn’t actually make it. I’m hopeful this is more like 05/07 and not another Stiner situation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looking Down Over It GIF by Bernardson

That’s the gayest gif I’ve ever seen posted on this site.

Get better.

And I’d delete your search history.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Good question. The guy had to jump thru hoops to be a gator and tried his best to recruit everyone. He made a good play punching the ball loose and I dont see him being any worse than some of the guys who are getting alot of playing time. Did he piss someone off?
Black snagged the onsides kick at the end of the game, too.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Sometimes I feel as though I'm posting to Stevie Wonder when I come on here....

Listen here how it works. In CFB when your defense has true talent you will feel a sense of control in 80% of the games you play. Sure there will be busted plays and broken coverages every now and then and maybe you lose a game or 2 here and there because the offense stalled out and couldn't manage 17-20 points against an inferior team.

When at ANY point in the last 2.5 years and especially since the Okie bowl game have you felt that? Be honest.....It isn't ALWAYS the coach's fault when your guys aren't fast enough to run with a receiver or chase down a back before he turns a 3-4 yard gain into 15-20 gain, it isn't the coach's fault when the same 3 LB's can't cover a TE or step into a gap and lay the wood at the los, get to the QB fast enough on a blitz or trip up a RB before he turns the corner and rips off 25 yards on a simple sweep play.............It's not always the coach's fault when a 5 star stud DE can't win a single GDed speed rush against a 300# plus fat ass 2 or 3 star offensive tackle on the opposing team

Do I need to go on? Hell why not. You guys have been bitching about the mainly the same group of defensive players for 3 years and they're still on the field...
Ray Charles Laugh GIF
Not sure if you are right or wrong... but definitely catching "Coach R" vibes from the GSMB days.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I suspect Sidehat will be available and looking for a job after the year, but I personally have zero interest in him as a DC

That is my post from yesterday. Now this. told you SideHat would be available soon. Still no interest tho.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Not sure if you are right or wrong... but definitely catching "Coach R" vibes from the GSMB days.
Wait a minute... I thought coach r actually knew what he was talking about back in the day... At least with regards to kickers. Or maybe I'm misremembering the name.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At some point, they need to try Collier in a game. I want to see the 5*.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
At some point, they need to try Collier in a game. I want to see the 5*.
I want to see a whole lotta younger guys in the games. This season is over for the most part although we should at least try and ensure bowl eligibility for the seniors. I'd view the rest of the season as a live rehearsal if I were the coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb