DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I suspect Sidehat will be available and looking for a job after the year, but I personally have zero interest in him as a DC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Classic Reaction GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Billy's biggest liability right now. This was a very Granthamesque performance

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Either he's overrated or doesn't have players to execute his scheme. Or both. As I said in another thread, people were talking him up when he was hired. He was touted as being elite and on his way to bigger and better things. Who knows what the truth is.

Personally I hate bend but don't break...oops we broke again defenses, and that's what he's putting out there. The last time we had a defense that was inspiring and feared, I think Dan Quinn was the DC.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Either he's overrated or doesn't have players to execute his scheme. Or both. As I said in another thread, people were talking him up when he was hired. He was touted as being elite and on his way to bigger and better things. Who knows what the truth is.

Personally I hate bend but don't break...oops we broke again defenses, and that's what he's putting out there. The last time we had a defense that was inspiring and feared, I think Dan Quinn was the DC.

That was because DQ had a #1 overall class that was highly skewed defensively at his disposal. We have talent, and I’ve been adamant about that. But watching the USF game after the fact on TV, and today, you can see a massive difference between a guy like Marshall or James and much of the other players. Even Cox is really just not very good despite his ranking. And maybe the worst part is that they all think they are because they’ve been coached that way up until less than a year ago.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think of the three longest pass plays Tinerc had all day. Two of them left Gator fans saying WTF and beyond b/c at least covering an eligible receiver on the LOS or the slot is the easiest thing to do as far as knowing your assignment. The third one was great throw and catch by Tinerc, but at least our defended was within the TV picture. The latter personally does not bother me b/c the defender executed his assignment to the best of his ability.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Dean has been bad since I was in the 7th grade. Even his best play ever ended on a bad note. We have to move on from him at some point.

Dean will continue to play terrible, start every game, and never get hurt. Not that I'm hoping for him to get hurt, but damn, how could a replacement be worse?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dean will continue to play terrible, start every game, and never get hurt. Not that I'm hoping for him to get hurt, but damn, how could a replacement be worse?

Had a chance to watch the Usf game Thursday. He is almost unwatchable. The antics after every 10 yard play given up are brutal. He is Mullen.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I hope big Dez can get his weight down another 40 lbs or so. He's one of the few people on D I think care and give their best effort.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dean has been bad since I was in the 7th grade. Even his best play ever ended on a bad note. We have to move on from him at some point.
Him wearing #0 is fitting because that’s what he brings every week when he’s on the field, he came close to getting two 15 yard penalties today, one on a tackle made on about the TN 2 yard line and proceeded to push the running back out of the back of the end zone and then getting in the guys face and the second when Torrence and Hooker got in a little back and forth after a tackle, Dean runs in and pushes Hooker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb