DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Napier finally fumigating the Mullen roaches.
Just have to keep the momentum going.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen roaches played well last night too :lol:
I wasn't aware Cox was still on the team..my bad.

All of Mullens players aren't roaches, but some were, and glad to see Napier cutting those cancers

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Anyone that can’t see the improvement is blind. It’s been quite the turnaround. Great to see improvement as the year progresses. If Billy can manage to win out from here, it will make for an exciting offseason building up to the opener in Salt Lake.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't aware Cox was still on the team..my bad.

All of Mullens players aren't roaches, but some were, and glad to see Napier cutting those cancers

So you meant Mullen “roach” not roaches. Singular.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
IDC who the opponent is, since halftime at A&M, the defense hasnt surrendered a td and hasnt allowed over 350 yards. We're giving up less than 60 yards a qtr. Ill take it
Wait, I stand corrected. The yardage I have included the fake punt so minus 44 yards from 349 and we’ve given up 305 yards in 6 qtrs. 50.8 yards a qtr.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think as others have pointed out there seems to be more pressure/tighter coverage but I also wonder if some of the veterans from the last regime finally woke up and broke their bad habits after seeing new faces out there with them.....I can't imagine being a 4th, 5 th or 6th year player and losing my starting position 3/4's of the way through my final season.....Looks like a couple of them got the message.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I think as others have pointed out there seems to be more pressure/tighter coverage but I also wonder if some of the veterans from the last regime finally woke up and broke their bad habits after seeing new faces out there with them.....I can't imagine being a 4th, 5 th or 6th year player and losing my starting position 3/4's of the way through my final season.....Looks like a couple of them got the message.
I think it’s a combination of guys feeling more comfortable/experienced in the new scheme and trusting the guys around them to handle their responsibilities.
I also believe we’ll see lots more reps for the younger guys going forward as the staff begins to turn the page from the old guard. Most of our defense next yr will be new starters.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Really encouraging to see. I honestly forgot what a defense looked like for a long time. If this is what happens when they have buy in, then with the stud defensive class coming up I expect major improvements the next couple of years.

Did not see this one coming for sure.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The one spot that sticks out at me for next year though is LBer......Miller isn't great but it takes a couple years to develop a LBer.....May have to scour the portal for a transfer here, otherwise I feel somewhat better going into next year.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
The one spot that sticks out at me for next year though is LBer......Miller isn't great but it takes a couple years to develop a LBer.....May have to scour the portal for a transfer here, otherwise I feel somewhat better going into next year.
Unfortunately Harold Perkins is a massive game changer at LSU. Everytime I see him make a play (alot) I just think of the what ifs. I need to turn the page on that crap in my mind and hope we can find some gamechangers soon

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should have played RoPo at tight end....
The Wire Wow GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yes and shut the door on them....didn't let them hang around keeping younger players from getting reps at the end of the game. Didn't screw around and let the crappy teams drive most of the length of the field either, they got off the field on 3rd downs consistently over the last 6 quarters, very few if any penalties.

The defense is playing their assignments and it's paying off and it looks like the players are buying in more and more...crappy competition or not this is key. And I haven't noticed nearly as many missed tackles.
Well, yeah, but what about all the other stuff?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Over a decade later the Ronald Powell to TE joke always draws a big laugh .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator