Dear Ben

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He reminds me of the guy in episode 1 that lost his sight and just stands there in a daze. Also wasn’t that kid from Louisiana as well?
That was like episode 6 or 7. His name was Private Blythe. And his problem was that he still had "hope." Lt Speirs educates him on such whimsical fantasy in the clip below.

Personally, I accepted the fact that we are all dead a long time ago.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I completely disagree that he had no sway over infrastructure. The players love their digs (work and dorm) and love their parking and love their food. In short, they're happy and they love their coaches. This team is together whether you see it or agree with it is irrelevant.

Florida's NIL, post legislative changes, is one of the best in the state and country and I'm sure he also had a hand in that.

UF's "Army" is impressive and is something we've never had. Now, one can argue that they're ineffective but that, too, can change if directed by CBN. You already know he doesn't tend to make changes mid-season.

The Gator Made program is phenomenal and has been one of the bright spots of his tenure.

We've had zero embarrassments come from this staff or team, short of the play on the field. To be clear, we've had no problems with cops, scooters, killers, rapes, etc. This team has represented the University of Florida well.

There are others but it's already TLDR.
our NIL is one of the best in the country? riiiiiiiiight...

Our army is impressive... b/c its an army? Or something. it damn sure isnt for actually achieving anything, but sure lets build monuments for the sake of existence and call them successful.

gator made? you mean that slogan he throws out after a reporter asks him about the latest ST debacle? no one outside of the most die hards even know what this is, even most of those dont. and you can say its great, but it cant be that great as our latest crootin class is swiftly tumbling.

if i want choir boys ill go to church. he's getting paid to win games, not produce role model employees for bank of america.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That was like episode 6 or 7. His name was Private Blythe. And his problem was that he still had "hope." Lt Speirs educates him on such whimsical fantasy in the clip below.

Again...

animal-house-bluto.gif

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
That wasn't spiers. It was soble. Spiers was the quiet guy who turned into an absolute hero when bullets started flying. But as to soble, agree.
Oh yeah, he was the guy who ran across the hay field and essentially relived Company Commander who spent all his time at the BN HQ?

Soble was played by that dude on Friends. As an actor though, I thought he did a phenomenal job. Probably a better play caller and HC than Billy is.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

That whole line about "acceptance" was the core of James Jones' book "WW II". He's the guy that wrote From Here to Eternity and The Thin Red Line.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Well, I completely disagree that he had no sway over infrastructure. The players love their digs (work and dorm) and love their parking and love their food. In short, they're happy and they love their coaches. This team is together whether you see it or agree with it is irrelevant.

Florida's NIL, post legislative changes, is one of the best in the state and country and I'm sure he also had a hand in that.

UF's "Army" is impressive and is something we've never had. Now, one can argue that they're ineffective but that, too, can change if directed by CBN. You already know he doesn't tend to make changes mid-season.

The Gator Made program is phenomenal and has been one of the bright spots of his tenure.

We've had zero embarrassments come from this staff or team, short of the play on the field. To be clear, we've had no problems with cops, scooters, killers, rapes, etc. This team has represented the University of Florida well.

There are others but it's already TLDR.
But they don't win games and will have a losing record for 3 years in a row.

UF's "Army" don't win games.

Gator Made don't win games.

Give me a couple of old school Gs who will knock the piss out of opposing linebackers. Choir boys don't win games.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Give me a couple of old school Gs who will knock the piss out of opposing linebackers. Choir boys don't win games.
billy runs a real family like program and has a bunch of very respectful young men. that's the most important thing.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Sassy is a joke, dont expect him to do anything. Look at that clown face. He is more interested in sucking the teet and bringing his homies along for the ride.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sassy is a joke, dont expect him to do anything. Look at that clown face. He is more interested in sucking the teet and bringing his homies along for the ride.
I have a feeling his political affiliations are clouding your judgement. We all know where you stand.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tell us more, omit nothing.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I have a feeling his political affiliations are clouding your judgement. We all know where you stand.
Nope, hes been here coming on a year, he has yet to do a thing of any significance nor announce any major initiative. He does like to tout the WSJ ranking which has nothing to do with his work. Every president prior to him has done more in their first year. A good portion of his executive staff come from his political career, and none of them actually live in Florida. Im not completely against hiring colleagues because it can make for an effective team but allowing them to live outside of the state is a bit concerning. IDK, maybe he is waiting to the 1 year mark to just hit us with his grand plan. Along with cleaning house at the UAA, but I am reservedly skeptical.

Besides, if he really had gnads he would start with firing SS to send the message. And he could have done that anytime.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, hes been here coming on a year, he has yet to do a thing of any significance nor announce any major initiative. He does like to tout the WSJ ranking which has nothing to do with his work. Every president prior to him has done more in their first year. A good portion of his executive staff come from his political career, and none of them actually live in Florida. Im not completely against hiring colleagues because it can make for an effective team but allowing them to live outside of the state is a bit concerning. IDK, maybe he is waiting to the 1 year mark to just hit us with his grand plan. Along with cleaning house at the UAA, but I am reservedly skeptical.

Besides, if he really had gnads he would start with firing SS to send the message. And he could have done that anytime.
Can't say I disagree with any of this.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

OH LOOK! A guy who has read The Alligator/Gainesville Sun, then talks out his ass.

PS If you want me to break down the difference between his transition team (temporary, most living in NoVA/DC, my Daughter loved getting to play polo and ride horses at one of their farms all last summer) and his actual staff (who have/are moved/moving to Gainesville, and they ain't all his insiders) and where each live, let me know.

Then we can get into his TEN YEAR plan that he has already laid out and is starting to implement.

Fuchs was Mickey Mouse compared to this guy.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy's name is Gary Condron. He is CEO of the Conlan Company. I'm not sure if that means he can't spell his own name but I do know he is one of, if not the, largest donors to UF. His comment below suggests we need Big Ben to step up to the plate if change is to be made.

50eb507f746fb2fd1977092c7532788f.jpg

"He respects the way the Gators operate despite what those on internet message boards assume. Condron has built relationships with dozens of UAA officials over the years, including former athletic director Jeremy Foley and current AD Scott Stricklin.

" 'These people swear that boosters insist on changes and run the program and we absolutely don't,'' he said. "We didn't when Jeremy was there, and we don't with Scott there.' "

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This guy's name is Gary Condron. He is CEO of the Conlan Company. I'm not sure if that means he can't spell his own name but I do know he is one of, if not the, largest donors to UF. His comment below suggests we need Big Ben to step up to the plate if change is to be made.

50eb507f746fb2fd1977092c7532788f.jpg

"He respects the way the Gators operate despite what those on internet message boards assume. Condron has built relationships with dozens of UAA officials over the years, including former athletic director Jeremy Foley and current AD Scott Stricklin.

" 'These people swear that boosters insist on changes and run the program and we absolutely don't,'' he said. "We didn't when Jeremy was there, and we don't with Scott there.' "

The baseburo stadium is named for him... and don't confuse "donor to UAA" with "donor to UF"... they are two very different things and one group is much wealthier than the other.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The baseburo stadium is named for him... and don't confuse "donor to UAA" with "donor to UF"... they are two very different things and one group is much wealthier than the other.

Yeah, those deep pockets can't be bothered with football titles. They're focused on research grants and academic rankings.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, those deep pockets can't be bothered with football titles. They're focused on research grants and academic rankings.
Sad, but true... you should see the people Sasse is recruiting to replace UF's VP of Advancement (i.e., person that brings in $100's of millions). Daughter has spent time with 3 candidates so far... none with CU-UF's precious university experience, all massive foundation fund raisers.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sad, but true... you should see the people Sasse is recruiting to replace UF's VP of Development (i.e., person that brings in $100's of millions). Daughter has spent time with 3 candidates so far... none with CU-UF's precious university experience, all massive foundation fund raisers.

I personally like that my alma mater has become an academic powerhouse. But I also see the two worlds as co-existing. It hasn't turned out that way so far. I blame the lame ADs more than anything.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014

Just ask that leghumper school 20 miles east of me...they are about to go into Knox county and kick Tennessee's ass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator