Decommits coming?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Seen that pic of the kid's dad? I'd say that kid has the genetics to put on the weight and muscle Mullen would want him at... He's still a 17 year old kid who’s yet to see a college weight room... Of course some could argue that it appears many of our current players haven't either... ;)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is a Gator. It will take insulting rejectful treatment by UF coaches to keep him away. Matt has hand-picked many of his offensive 2018 Gator teammates. Matty knows they'll be other QBs brought in, but I'm thinking he sees those guys as his backups, just like a confident take-charge leader should.

We've got other positions of need to get vexed over. Boy have we. Let's round up some vicious LBs & DTs, some steamroller OLs, some speedy and tall TEs & WRs.Also important, it's the right stretch to win over H.S. coaches for now and our future = show them we're not idiots anymore.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually did read it, doesn' sound as solid. When Mullen meets with him, I might feel a little better
You also compared it to the Eason situation and putting all our eggs in one basket... That's not how it went down at all. We already had Franks locked up... THEN Mac went after Eason when it looked like a flip was possible... Franks was not happy about it but at the end of the day Eason stuck with uga and we kept the guy we already had... Another words, we didn't put all our eggs in the Eason basket... We went after him IN ADDITION to Franks...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The story about Mullen calling Corral cant be true. I heard on here that Mullen was shunning him and going after other QBs and he refused to even call him so the story they posted must be a lie. Mullen hates Corral. At least thats what I heard....

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
The story about Mullen calling Corral cant be true. I heard on here that Mullen was shunning him and going after other QBs and he refused to even call him so the story they posted must be a lie. Mullen hates Corral. At least thats what I heard....
My source said Mullen would call Corral "soon"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He does hate him but beggars can't be choosers at this point. Tell him whatever you have to to get him committed.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have you not read the last 300 posts on him? Every time he says he is visiting Bama and now Ole Miss, everyone turns into how he's not a good fit, he's gone (oh well) ,etc......you can sense the sentiment that people are hoping for him to leave so they can directly blame Mullen

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like Mullen isn't showing him the love. If Corral doesn't fit, Mullen should tell him. The kids been straight up with us as far as I know.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It sounds like Mullen isn't showing him the love. If Corral doesn't fit, Mullen should tell him. The kids been straight up with us as far as I know.

Well, maybe you failed to read the part where Billy told Matt he was their guy and wants him in Gainesville. Sounds like they can build things around him...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

He’s already visited the UF campus- nothing left to see in Gville. Maybe he wants to visit other schools in case he and DM don’t hit it off? DM just needs to make an in home visit to help Corral decide solidify his decision.

My 2 cents.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He didn’t call him til after billy visited. Which was what about a week in? Pretty sure that’s exactly what everyone has said

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Well, maybe you failed to read the part where Billy told Matt he was their guy and wants him in Gainesville. Sounds like they can build things around him...
I got that part .... but it sounds like (reading between the lines) that MULLEN hasn't shown him the love. They're supposed to meet soon, so maybe then Mullen with plant a big kiss on him!

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
Y'all pinning the future of Gator football on landing on Corral...just like Brantley, Driskel and most recently, Felipe. He may come, he may not. He may suck, he may get the next statue outside the stadium. Some perspective would be nice.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I sure don't want to pin the near future on Franks and whatever else we have right now. There are zero other QBs committed to UF right now and no indication yet that any of them will. A bird in the hand.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Y'all pinning the future of Gator football on landing on Corral...just like Brantley, Driskel and most recently, Felipe. He may come, he may not. He may suck, he may get the next statue outside the stadium. Some perspective would be nice.

Nobody is holding you hostage here.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
No, we need 2-3 in this class. 2-3 more next year and so forth. But if we get rid of corral that leaves us at nothing right now, because what we have is garbage. Keep Corral and go find some others to compete in the spring.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

There’s two sides to this debate. There are several who have said Corral is not a good fit, while others believe/hope DM is willing to tweak the O to capitalize on Corral’s strengths. I think the Alex Smith comparison is a good one. I don’t recall Utah forcing him to be a bulldozer. However, I think DM was the QB coach back then, not the OC.

I’d like to see us get Corral and a second QB to develop (unless we hit the Lotto with Fields or similar skilled QB). With our current and incoming RBs (esp Pierce), I really hope DM will use the RB for the heavy hitting up the middle and let Corral run out in space while also working some vertical passing. A man can dream...

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Dunno. The whole thing is a little baffling honestly. I do think we need two QBs this cycle because we've got hot garbage there right now. I don't understand not locking him down. Even if he isn't the QB power type guy you can still have him running the outside zone because the kid can move.
This kid is no John Brantley. He actually has some wheels... I don't know why everyone keeps saying he should decommit or we shouldn't want him now that we have Mullen? Has anyone watched some of his highlights? He's no Tim Tebow, in terms of being a runner, but the kid can throw the damn ball and CAN also run... I sure as hell hope he sticks but would certainly be to pick up a second QB in this class because we can certainly go through some QB's during the course of a season! HOPEFULLY that'll change with an "actual" strength and conditioning coach.

The closest similarity I see to Corral is Baker Mayfield. Good scrambler, better playmaker. Very similar sizes in high school. Mayfield has since put on 15-20 lbs.

It does seem we are slow playing him (Mullen only called recently after Gonzalez visited, but already went in person to other qbs) and I think we will all regret it, regardless of offensive system, if he does not come to UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.