Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The offense sucks too

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They certainly play like it.
Careful he'll break out the "Holy Grail" Bama game from 14 months ago when we had 4-5 different starters, 3 of which were drafted and 2 others that transferred to prove that this years team just reloaded.....Like Bama doesn't have 1-2 close games with average or ****ty teams every year anyway.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That's on coaching.
If I was trying to have the worst 3rd down % on defense, I would evaluate the teams weakness and then scheme them accordingly.

Even then, considering there are 132 teams, it would be difficult to be 132 with UF talent.

Maybe I call the D plays in Klingon or something.

Maybe put lead in all the DBs shoes?

Kick each DL in the nuts?

Mind bogling really.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I was trying to have the worst 3rd down % on defense, I would evaluate the teams weakness and then scheme them accordingly.

Even then, considering there are 132 teams, it would be difficult to be 132 with UF talent.

Mind bogling really.

Just take a gander at the last 4-5 defensive recruiting classes we’ve had and it will all make sense. Horrific is an understatement…we need to completely flip this roster over and it’s gonna take some time. No amount of coaching can fix what the last staff did to us on the trail. We’re trying to sign 7 DB and 7 DL for a reason…need a MLB as well but the biggest areas of need are certainly not lost on the staff.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Mind bogling really.
Honestly at the percentage were giving up 3rd and long I'd consider rushing 6 or 7. If nothing else at least the QB will have a harder time seeing downfield and would have to make a much quicker read and throw....if it doesn't work it's the same result were getting now anyway. It's almost like the opposing QB's are just playing darts on every 3rd down we force now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly at the percentage were giving up 3rd and long I'd consider rushing 6 or 7. If nothing else at least the QB will have a harder time seeing downfield and would have to make a much quicker read and throw....if it doesn't work it's the same result were getting now anyway. It's almost like the opposing QB's are just playing darts on every 3rd down we force now.
I actually agree with Crete. Get after the damn QB.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I actually agree with Crete. Get after the damn QB.
So do I. It’s not like we’re stopping anyone anyway, so if you get burned deep what did it really cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.