Defensive Depth Chart 2021

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I agree, but due to him getting run over on the edge too many times....and constantly being injured....and failing to ever put on meaningful weight.... also, at this point, I'd rather the younger guys get the reps. We ain't winning any titles next year, so we might as well get the younger players as many reps as possible for 22.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly, who didn't think he was coming back? A most he is a late 7th round grade if he had a great combine/pro day. I would say the best thing for his career would be to come back, but then again this defense scheme is offering him no favors.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I asked the same thing last year when S. Davis said he was spurning the draft to return for his senior year. It took me a while to pick myself off the floor from laughing so hard that he took the time to "post" something, but I was told that these guys have a platform now so they like to take advantage of it. Just hope Stiner follows Marco's lead and not Dean's. Fingers crossed.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
I asked the same thing last year when S. Davis said he was spurning the draft to return for his senior year. It took me a while to pick myself off the floor from laughing so hard that he took the time to "post" something, but I was told that these guys have a platform now so they like to take advantage of it. Just hope Stiner follows Marco's lead and not Dean's. Fingers crossed.
The thought of stiner getting his field-pass season ticket renewed is a nightmare

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does anyone expect Desmond Watson to come in and take Dexter's spot?

Now that we've added these two transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Watson redshirts. He is enrolling early, so he'll have 8 months to get his fat ass in shape. He can still play 4 games though, so hopefully we get a few blowouts and he gets in the 4 games. I expect Dexter to have a big leap this year with a full off-season (S&C, added weight/size, and a full spring). I think the two transfers will be the starters, if they're both healthy. So Dexter won't be pressured into a starting role. I could be 100% wrong too....

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
Now that we've added these two transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Watson redshirts. He is enrolling early, so he'll have 8 months to get his fat ass in shape. He can still play 4 games though, so hopefully we get a few blowouts and he gets in the 4 games. I expect Dexter to have a big leap this year with a full off-season (S&C, added weight/size, and a full spring). I think the two transfers will be the starters, if they're both healthy. So Dexter won't be pressured into a starting role. I could be 100% wrong too....
Who is the other DT transfer?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

While it is a little embarrassing it's still no where near as bad as the dozens of kids who make a big deal about declaring after their JR year only to go undrafted and never play another down of big boy football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb