Deion hired at Colorado; immediately installs his frog's testicle of a son as starting QB

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
You realize that would render the entire judicial system null and void. No one’s “judging” Sanders in that sense of the word. Calling out poor behavior traits is simply that. No different than this time last week when we expressed our derision over Kitna’s actions. I don’t know how his life turns out or what’s going on inside his head. But I can without question say his actions are wrong.
Then you must have missed the post stating that he is just using Christianity as a dodge....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No, it's just a quote that means judge not lest ye be judged. Nothing personal meant towards you at all.

My understanding of the context of the “do not judge,” is don’t “judge” someone as worthy/unworthy of salvation. We are all sinners and there’s no such thing as a “less bad” sinner. We ALL need Him. Addressing someone’s behavior is a different topic. So…

As for the “plank in your own eye,” that means “check yourself” before confronting someone with a problem you perceive. Not much credibility for a raging alcoholic to tell a social drinker about the evils of mixed drinks.

I’m gonna stop here before our benevolent dictator yells at me for hijacking the thread.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember watching him play. He was like 4.2 on the field. Unreal speed. I read once he was different than his media personna. In the locker room he was all in and practiced hard. Team playwer. I remember thinking Ali was all bluster and noise but then read about him and realized he wasnt what I thought. Benevolent to a fault. But like cover said, I cannot pull for him cause he is a clown. But I do think he has walked the walk like a few noles after college and became better men. fckkk I dont know him or ever met him. If helps young men (black men especially) become better men than good for him. Our Cornelius Ingram is sure doing it in Hawthorne.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
How are we talking about the salvation of Jesus in a thread that has a title including frog testicles in it?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Jimmy Conrad

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to waste anymore time explaining this to you its clearly beyond your comprehension

You are correct
For some strange reason I view playing prowess as being different than coaching prowess.

If only I was as enlightened as you.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read once he was different than his media personna. In the locker room he was all in and practiced hard. Team playwer...But I do think he has walked the walk like a few noles after college and became better men.

Really???

Why don't you ask Tim McCarver how much Deion grew up after college.

iu

Alex.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So what. Did you watch SOS play? When he leaves Colorado it will be for a better job and I already posted that. I never said anything about him being a hot coaching prospect but UC needed a spark and he will probably deliver it.
To answer your first question. Yes, yes I did. I lost lunch money betting on him and my Gators to beat Auburn in Cliff Hare Stadium. I watched the field goal that won him the Heisman. BTW: until this year I have not lost money betting on sports outcomes but Ox grifted me out of 25 buck for the pick 'em pool. And now I have loste25 buck.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I remember watching him play. He was like 4.2 on the field. Unreal speed. I read once he was different than his media personna. In the locker room he was all in and practiced hard. Team playwer. I remember thinking Ali was all bluster and noise but then read about him and realized he wasnt what I thought. Benevolent to a fault. But like cover said, I cannot pull for him cause he is a clown. But I do think he has walked the walk like a few noles after college and became better men. fckkk I dont know him or ever met him. If helps young men (black men especially) become better men than good for him. Our Cornelius Ingram is sure doing it in Hawthorne.
racist wonder showzen GIF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Really???

Why don't you ask Tim McCarver how much Deion grew up after college.

iu

Alex.

Leroy Watson Jr. Talent
evaluator at Rivals.comAuthor has 134 answers and 92.6K answer views3y
It all started in October of 1992, when Deion Sanders, a two-sport star, announced that he was going to play in an NFL contest that Sunday with the Atlanta Falcons. But, why was that such a big deal?
Because Sanders also played for the Atlanta Braves at the time, and the Braves were in the midst of the National League Championship Series versus the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Braves had a game scheduled for that same day.
A lot of hullabaloo ensued. A helicopter was rented. The whole world, it seemed, was in the loop on exactly how Deion Sanders was going to play in two major sports at the highest level in the world in the same day.
Well, CBS broadcaster Tim McCarver thought this was grandstanding and didn’t like it one little bit. And he let a national television audience know he didn’t like it. Here’s what McCarver said on air, live during the telecast:
“How can he leave in the playoffs and go play in a football game? . . . The way I look at that . . . that is just flat wrong, and I guess could be construed as a breach of contract.”
When Sanders got word of the criticism, it didn’t sit well with him. So when the Braves won the LCS, he used the celebration as an excuse to douse water on McCarver. Not a glass, not a bucket. . . but a water cooler. According to reports, Sanders tried to drench McCarver three (3) different times, and succeeded twice.
On TNT’s NFL postgame show a few night’s later, Ernie Johnson sat down with Deion Sanders and discussed the situation. Sanders made light of it, much to McCarver’s chagrin:
“How can you be a coward for throwing water on someone? The guy just didn't want us to win and we did. He just got a little wetter than anybody else. . . He's flat-out ignorant. He's more of a coward. I never met the man, and I never spoke to him in my life. We were just having a good time.”
Only one of them (Sanders) appeared to be having a good time.
The National League fined Sanders $1,000 for the incident. Sanders has never apologized.
In the nearly 30 years that have passed since the confrontation, Deion has only commented about it once, the above-listed quote on TNT. He has been asked multiple times about the fracas with McCarver but has declined to comment. The silence only tends to fan the flames.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
@stephenPE

Are you implying that Sanders was justified???

Are you serious???

McCarver wasn’t at all out of line, and I’m a Braves fan. Sanders promised the Braves to focus on baseball only during the playoffs. He went back on his word for…ATTENTION. You know, “Neon”. He shortchanged the Braves and MLB for his personal aggrandizement. When he was called out for it (in a perfectly reasonable and rational manner) he reacted with assault and battery against a much older man in a room surrounded by his teammates. Very brave, very manly, what a role model :rolleyes3:

I would hope if you were there, you would have tried to defend McCarver.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@stephenPE

Are you implying that Sanders was justified???

Are you serious???

McCarver wasn’t at all out of line, and I’m a Braves fan. Sanders promised the Braves to focus on baseball only during the playoffs. He went back on his word for…ATTENTION. You know, “Neon”. He shortchanged the Braves and MLB for his personal aggrandizement. When he was called out for it (in a perfectly reasonable and rational manner) he reacted with assault and battery against a much older man in a room surrounded by his teammates. Very brave, very manly, what a role model :rolleyes3:

I would hope if you were there, you would have tried to defend McCarver.

Alex.
To be fair, MLB did fine Deion $1,000 for it. A penalty that harsh sent a clear message.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
But he couldn't tackle worth a schitt...jmho

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread has evolved into the life and times of Neon Deion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator