Deion hired at Colorado; immediately installs his frog's testicle of a son as starting QB

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sanders it a force to be reckoned whether you like him or not. What Pablo said is spot on.
:lmao:

You guys kill me. We still don't know if he can actually COACH. All anyone knows is that he's a celebrity. That's not going to be enough to win games, no matter how many kids he swindles into coming there to be in his embarrassing presence.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you here need to spend some time in S. Fla, Atlanta and other Urban High School Football areas. Deion's attraction is remarkable. The game has changed from Pop Warner upward. I can guarantee you that if both Napier and Prime showed up in Belle Glade for the Muck Bowl, Billy would be talking with old white Cops and the Kickers dad. Deion would be swamped with kids, moms and even the concession crew.
I’m going to have to take your word on all of this. I just spent 30 years in a relatively rural school and toward the end it had gotten crazier and crazier, so I can only imagine what its like in ATL, S Fla, and the more urban schools. But to your point, every circus needs a ringmaster, ever carnival a barker. So who better than the #1 Clown? Folks in my demographic are the minority and mostly what we are relegated to is eating popcorn while looking in through the outside window.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Deion lured that #1 RB to Jackson State for a huge payday, then bails out and leaves him there? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Do you think he actually wants to stay in friggin' COLORADO for the long haul? He will bail from that freezing place as soon as he possibly can. The kids he's bringing in are getting swindled big-time. Wouldn't totally surprise me if he leaves CU after one season.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
:lmao:

You guys kill me. We still don't know if he can actually COACH. All anyone knows is that he's a celebrity. That's not going to be enough to win games, no matter how many kids he swindles into coming there to be in his embarrassing presence.
He will have enough talent to win enough games and he will keep them stepping together

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Remember when Deion lured that #1 RB to Jackson State for a huge payday, then bails out and leaves him there? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Do you think he actually wants to stay in friggin' COLORADO for the long haul? He will bail from that freezing place as soon as he possibly can. The kids he's bringing in are getting swindled big-time. Wouldn't totally surprise me if he leaves CU after one season.
2-4 seasons and he will be in the SEC or back at FSU
Record will not matter.
He will remain the darling of the media and now AD’s have cover to bring him in.
He is a star and attracts cameras and clicks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
2-4 seasons and he will be in the SEC or back at FSU
Record will not matter.
He will remain the darling of the media and now AD’s have cover to bring him in.
He is a star and attracts cameras and clicks
If he doesn't WIN, his career isn't going to be long. As soon as he starts getting criticized, he'll bail out.

Are you telling me that if he goes 3-9 he's going to remain a darling? The media can turn on people quickly.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Deion is a HOF DB and played on two SB winning teams. He knows what success looks like. I also believe that some are underestimating his impact withing the black community and how much they want to see him succeed, He will recruit very well just because of this. He has proven at JSU that he can coach, at least at that level. However, given his experience I don't think P5 football is going to give him problems.
There’s certainly merit to what you say. No doubt that his curb appeal is to his advantage where recruiting is concerned. I’m not ready yet to crown him as a legit big school/big conference coach based on the sample size, but like all the great ones his star will rise or fall based on the staff he surrounds himself with. Wins and revenue are the bottom line. So we’ll see.

This is a personal bias, but I’ve never been impressed with his character that has been continually on display. Starting with shoplifting in Ft. Meyers and playing without going to class at F$U, I can’t see that he is the type of role model you’d want for your program, outside of Miami (I would say F$U but he drew a lot of ire from their fans when he poached the big recruit a year or so back). But sadly, my viewpoint seems to be falling farther into the minority as CFB continues morphing into NFL Jr. I hope it can survive the shift. Or maybe I’m just hoping I can :lol:

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
If he doesn't WIN, his career isn't going to be long. As soon as he starts getting criticized, he'll bail out.

Are you telling me that if he goes 3-9 he's going to remain a darling? The media can turn on people quickly.
Listen to me. He will bring in talent. Hell CU may have more 5 stars on the roster than UF in two years. Plus he will find those high talent, gritty, fringe, second chance kids that will run through a wall for their coach. He will win 6 games. Maybe not next year but certainly after. Look at their schedule. He will take a dumpster fire to a bowl game and be CEL-E-BRATED. Then off to the SEC or FSU. Its all upside a CU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Listen to me. He will bring in talent. Hell CU may have more 5 stars on the roster than UF in two years. Plus he will find those high talent, gritty, fringe, second chance kids that will run through a wall for their coach. He will win 6 games. Maybe not next year but certainly after. Look at their schedule. He will take a dumpster fire to a bowl game and be CEL-E-BRATED. Then off to the SEC or FSU. Its all upside a CU.
LOL, so this brilliant coach with a roster loaded with 5-stars will win SIX GAMES in YEAR TWO in a sh!t conference? At that point, the big schools around the country will be flocking to hire him?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
LOL, so this brilliant coach with a roster loaded with 5-stars will win SIX GAMES in YEAR TWO in a sh!t conference? At that point, the big schools around the country will be flocking to hire him?
Your twisting my words man. Never said he was brilliant. Just saying the truth. He will get the kids and he will win games, go bowling and be celebrated and then move on. Jesus. Butters ended up at UF and got PAID. Why is it so hard to believe that Sanders will not be elevated? Will not win enough?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
loaded with 5-stars
Never said the roster would be loaded with 5 stars. Just said there is a great chance that CU has more than UF in a couple years. Tell me I'm wrong. Look at our track record attracting 5 stars.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Pac 12 was girl school weak with USC and UCLA in the league, when they leave, it'll be even weaker, yet Prime Slime will be middle of the pack at best.

Despite his 'fame', he'll never outspend Oregon and that Knight Nike money up there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your twisting my words man. Never said he was brilliant. Just saying the truth. He will get the kids and he will win games, go bowling and be celebrated and then move on. Jesus. Butters ended up at UF and got PAID. Why is it so hard to believe that Sanders will not be elevated? Will not win enough?
I think Deion Sanders is a man of poor character, and has been ever since he was a teenager. Him acting now like a leader of young men is insulting. He cares about one thing, and that's DEION. He doesn't give a crap about Colorado or any of the kids on the roster. As far as his son, he only cares about how the kid reflects on HIM. He's going to slip up along the way and do something stupid, possibly even illegal. His coaching career is going to end badly. Looking forward to it.

Hell, when he starts losing and the national love starts fading and he has to face real pressure and criticism from fans, how is he going to react? He's used to being loved all the time. He may just quit. Even Colorado is a MUCH bigger stage than the little pissant school he just left. It's a pressure cooker.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I think Deion Sanders is a man of poor character, and has been ever since he was a teenager. Him acting now like a leader of young men is insulting. He cares about one thing, and that's DEION. He doesn't give a crap about Colorado or any of the kids on the roster. As far as his son, he only cares about how the kid reflects on HIM. He's going to slip up along the way and do something stupid, possibly even illegal. His coaching career is going to end badly. Looking forward to it.
He is a reflection of the games culture and society at large. I know it is painful to see the truth through the window of righteousness. I’m not digging on you, I believe you are a good human being. However, Sanders personifies everything todays society values. We have an entire generation that trades on sizzle instead of substance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never said the roster would be loaded with 5 stars. Just said there is a great chance that CU has more than UF in a couple years. Tell me I'm wrong. Look at our track record attracting 5 stars.

Colorado hasn't landed a five-star recruit since 2008. You go to Boulder to get high and draw Indian art, not to improve your football skills.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is a reflection of the games culture and society at large. I know it is painful to see the truth through the window of righteousness. I’m not digging on you, I believe you are a good human being. However, Sanders personifies everything todays society values. We have an entire generation that trades on sizzle instead of substance.

But that perfect reflection isn’t improving player skills or winning anything. Have you ever heard the complete hick named Kirby Smart speak? How about Nick Saban? Or Brian Kelly? The whole “relate to” thing has its place and will inevitably win over some recruits. But it’s not going to be the determining factor for most of these kids, especially when their objective is to be developed and make it to the NFL. Coaches who show they have been able to do that will continue to win out over the guy who tries to look and sound like them.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Colorado hasn't landed a five-star recruit since 2008. You go to Boulder to get high and draw Indian art, not to improve your football skills.
Yeah..and UF is a P5, SEC, Florida destination with a Top 10 Academic reputation. So where are our 5 stars? So don't sleep on the idea that Cu may have more 5 stars than UF in a couple years.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
But that perfect reflection isn’t improving player skills or winning anything. Have you ever heard the complete hick named Kirby Smart speak? How about Nick Saban? Or Brian Kelly? The whole “relate to” thing has its place and will inevitably win over some recruits. But it’s not going to be the determining factor for most of these kids, especially when their objective is to be developed and make it to the NFL. Coaches who show they have been able to do that will continue to win out over the guy who tries to look and sound like them.
Deion isn't competing with UA, LSU or UGA. He doesn't have to flip the all of the Elite kids. Just needs a couple and a solid roster to win 6 or 7 and be celebrated. He flipped two Elite kids to Jack. State. The campus talent, scene and facilities are two generations ahead of Jack. State at CU. He will have enough to be competitive in the Pac12.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
These kids will not care about the school, its history or anything else. They want PT, NIL, YOLO ect ect. Getting high and chill'n is the new norm. Come on man. Wake up. The world HAS changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.