Deion hired at Colorado; immediately installs his frog's testicle of a son as starting QB

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
These kids will not care about the school, its history or anything else. They want PT, NIL, YOLO ect ect. Getting high and chill'n is the new norm. Come on man. Wake up. The world HAS changed.
There are a lot of kids, particularly the ones with actual talent in the south, that aren't going to want to go 6,000 feet up and play football in the snow. The location he's in hurts him badly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Deion isn't competing with UA, LSU or UGA. He doesn't have to flip the all of the Elite kids. Just needs a couple and a solid roster to win 6 or 7 and be celebrated. He flipped two Elite kids to Jack. State. The campus talent, scene and facilities are two generations ahead of Jack. State at CU. He will have enough to be competitive in the Pac12.

I have not questioned whether or not he will be competitive, specifically because of where he’s at. Wouldn’t shock me if he fails, but also wouldn’t shock me if he does fairly well. Perhaps I miss read your post. I’m just not convinced that he’s going to have this massive influx of kids from all over the country that will spur quality schools to play there. I also do think his shtick has an expiration date. But again, I do think he will be competitive there.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
So you come into town and announce that your son is the starting QB, with no competition at all. Yeah, that doesn't inspire any bad will. That doesn't look like a total d!ck move. That's certainly going to get players to run through a wall for you.

What a clown. If his frog's testicle of a son was worth a sh!t as a QB, he wouldn't have been playing at Jackson State in the first place.

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where the coach announces that Nelson will be the starting QB, in which Nelson replies "Thanks Dad!"
Yep, that worked out well for Dan Hawkins there. Essentially ended his coaching career. Gave the starting job to his son over a better player and lost what few good players he had.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not disagreeing just saying it is totally Neon Deion Prime Slime arrogance. It's his recipe and he has used it for success at every stop. I don't like it but it's his calling card and it seems to work for him. I would love to see him fail but would not bet the mortgage he does not succeed, again.

Where were all these stops you referred to?

I have Jackson State and……………

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Stanford would probably require him to go back and finish the classes he skipped his entire senior year. dion doesn’t have that type of discipline.

What senior year are you referring to?

Deion left FSU after his third year and at that point he was not even an academic sophomore.

Deion completed the balance (3 years) of his degree online at Jackson State.
He’s a true academic champion.
that I am sure would make Stanford proud.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey folks, remember, we have a tentative home/home with Colorado in 2028/2029. Might have to replace them on the schedule after the NCAA gives them the death penalty.

What exactly would a program have to do to get the death penalty these days?

There is no NCAA Enforcement Committee anymore so how would that work?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what level of success he will achieve, but I don't think he will fail. And if he does, it will likely be up

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There’s certainly merit to what you say. No doubt that his curb appeal is to his advantage where recruiting is concerned. I’m not ready yet to crown him as a legit big school/big conference coach based on the sample size, but like all the great ones his star will rise or fall based on the staff he surrounds himself with. Wins and revenue are the bottom line. So we’ll see.

This is a personal bias, but I’ve never been impressed with his character that has been continually on display. Starting with shoplifting in Ft. Meyers and playing without going to class at F$U, I can’t see that he is the type of role model you’d want for your program, outside of Miami (I would say F$U but he drew a lot of ire from their fans when he poached the big recruit a year or so back). But sadly, my viewpoint seems to be falling farther into the minority as CFB continues morphing into NFL Jr. I hope it can survive the shift. Or maybe I’m just hoping I can :lol:

I agree 100% with you Cover.

Today’s college football places little to no value on integrity or reputation at all. Results are all that matters.
Unfortunately fanbases like UF still cling to antiquated concepts like academic excellence and moral discipline that are nothing more than fodder for jokes now.
Someone mentioned Tebow yesterday which caused me to think about how ESPN would approach him today as opposed to 2006 and realized that he would be destroyed by most of talking heads there before he got started.

I won’t be the least bit surprised if Deion becomes the King of College Football in a few years because he represents the core of the game now.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I agree 100% with you Cover.

Today’s college football places little to no value on integrity or reputation at all. Results are all that matters.
Unfortunately fanbases like UF still cling to antiquated concepts like academic excellence and moral discipline that are nothing more than fodder for jokes now.
Someone mentioned Tebow yesterday which caused me to think about how ESPN would approach him today as opposed to 2006 and realized that he would be destroyed by most of talking heads there before he got started.

I won’t be the least bit surprised if Deion becomes the King of College Football in a few years because he represents the core of the game now.
If all that is true, and I don't disagree, it is time to stop participating in the circus and get back to basics. Go back to club sports with no University affiliation. Lease out the sports facilities to said clubs. No special admits, high academic and moral standards. No foreign undergrads. Fill the classes with Florida HS graduates before anyone else. Wait, I just woke up. There is no money in that.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah then you turn around and give a thumbs up to cover2 who agreed with the post you gave a loony. Makes perfect sense.
I like to think I’m introspective enough to analyze my own thoughts on a subject while considering the opinions of others. Thus I’m able to acknowledge agreeable sub-ideas while considering the juxtaposition of divergent points of view. That characteristic, along with my “Akron Fireplug,” afford me a measure of credibility across many spectrums among peer and foe alike.

:lol:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. It's hard to fathom the vast quantity of clown nut gargling in this thread. Some of you should be ashamed. Sanders is a liar, a cheat, a charlatan, and yes, a clown. He may have some quick and easy success ( like a night out with t's mom ), but he will move on to the next town with his traveling medicine show. Ultimately, he'll fail like the carnival barking, one nutted, pos, mfing clown he is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. It's hard to fathom the vast quantity of clown nut gargling in this thread. Some of you should be ashamed. Sanders is a liar, a cheat, a charlatan, and yes, a clown. He may have some quick and easy success ( like a night out with t's mom ), but he will move on to the next town with his traveling medicine show. Ultimately, he'll fail like the carnival barking, one nutted, pos, mfing clown he is.

Legend.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If all that is true, and I don't disagree, it is time to stop participating in the circus and get back to basics. Go back to club sports with no University affiliation. Lease out the sports facilities to said clubs. No special admits, high academic and moral standards. No foreign undergrads. Fill the classes with Florida HS graduates before anyone else. Wait, I just woke up. There is no money in that.

The lawsuits would come from every direction

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I can sense a little of that

1670353019611.gif

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
:lmao:

You guys kill me. We still don't know if he can actually COACH. All anyone knows is that he's a celebrity. That's not going to be enough to win games, no matter how many kids he swindles into coming there to be in his embarrassing presence.
I could say that about at least 50 coaches that have been drafted over the last 10 years. We don't actually know if Billy can coach Power 5 football either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I could say that about at least 50 coaches that have been drafted over the last 10 years. We don't actually know if Billy can coach Power 5 football either.
Never saw you as a Deion guy, but my eyes have been opened. I'm with 812 (and it's great to see him post) that's it's astounding how many of our own fans seem to absolutely love him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb