Del Rio throwing shade at our fan base?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If these guys' dads are lucky enough to be dead, they are spinning in their graves that their sons are basically 12 year old girls
That is a cheapshot at Sassy.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When asked during the spring whether Del Rio would be in the mix to compete for the role when he returns, offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier replied, “I do.”

"You look at the way Luke played when he was healthy — he played some really good football when he was healthy,” Nussmeier said at the time. “And obviously he got banged up — banged up worse than we thought at the time. … We'll get him back, get him healthy. And I think once he gets healthy, he'll go back to being the player that he is.”

On Tuesday night during his speaking tour stop in Jacksonville, Florida head coach Jim McElwain reiterated that argument and said it would be a mistake to dismiss Del Rio from the conversation.

“When you look at when he was healthy last season and the numbers he put up in the first three or four games. Very efficient,” McElwain told the media, “Touchdown passes to interceptions ratio was really good. Our productivity in the red area was really good. He’s a guy that obviously knows what he’s doing and he’ll be ready to go.”

coach speak...

no where in those statements do I read that they will hand the starting position over to him. I just read that he would be in the "mix", and why wouldn't he be? even Trask is in the mix.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
coach speak...

no where in those statements do I read that they will hand the starting position over to him. I just read that he would be in the "mix", and why wouldn't he be? even Trask is in the mix.

Yep some coach speak but we get coach speak on the others also. Don't be surprised if LDR finds himself starting at some point if Zaire doesn't work out or gets injured.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep some coach speak but we get coach speak on the others also. Don't be surprised if LDR finds himself starting at some point if Zaire doesn't work out or gets injured.
cheech.gif

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
coach speak...

It would be a huge mistake by McElwain to have DelRio in the mix or starting again. The risk/reward is not good for Mac. If delrio makes a mistake, Mac's ass will be on the line. Better to just throw Franks or Trask out there of Zaire isn't the guy. It would be similar to Muschamp going down with the ship like he did with Driskel.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac&staff had better produce a prodigious offense directed by Franks or it's a setback for all concerned. IMO, this year's QB is going to come down to "quick-scan & quick-think". If we ever have WRs running clear, it will be these guys this year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a huge mistake by McElwain to have DelRio in the mix or starting again. The risk/reward is not good for Mac. If delrio makes a mistake, Mac's ass will be on the line. Better to just throw Franks or Trask out there of Zaire isn't the guy. It would be similar to Muschamp going down with the ship like he did with Driskel.

Exactly he can buy more time if he pulls Franks out there, because he might be young and not fully ready... there are times his talent will shine.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly he can buy more time if he pulls Franks out there, because he might be young and not fully ready... there are times his talent will shine.

I absolutely wouldn't start him, nor do I want him to, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be in the mix as a last resort option.

maybe we just have different ideas of what "in the mix" means :dunno:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely wouldn't start him, nor do I want him to, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be in the mix as a last resort option.

maybe we just have different ideas of what "in the mix" means :dunno:

Wasn't disagreeing Trux, I think he will be on the roster, and in the quarterback group. Just if I had to choose between LDR and Franks. I go Franks, because Franks can provide hope... LDR is more of the same.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't disagreeing Trux, I think he will be on the roster, and in the quarterback group. Just if I had to choose between LDR and Franks. I go Franks, because Franks can provide hope... LDR is more of the same.

:thumbup: - I t-totally agree

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I go Franks, because Franks can provide hope... LDR is more of the same.

Yup. At least Franks can throw far enough to make the receivers go after the ball instead of forcing them to put on the brakes and try to come back and fight 3 defenders for it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I really don't see LDR in the mix. And I hope I'm right. His arm is a real liability. Franks/Zaire in some combination. Maybe even Trask.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yup. At least Franks can throw far enough to make the receivers go after the ball instead of forcing them to put on the brakes and try to come back and fight 3 defenders for it.

That ball he threw to Hammond in the spring game was a beauty.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This escalated quickly. Then it escalated some more. Then more.

@Alex. Re the interception. I laughed out loud. No, not lol. I really laughed out loud.

For those unfortunate enough to follow the Jags DelRio's dad was once Jags head coach. He was run out of town. It turns out he's not a bad coach. In fact he's probably pretty good at his profession. The problem was he came off as an arrogant ......... This brings to mind the apple falling from the tree. Luke, just put your head down and do the best you can. Don't go where you just went.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He's just another cull with loose lips. He'll probably start against Michigan. That will really show up this rascally fan base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.