Derrick Rose suffers yet another major knee injury

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel awful for this guy. His absence has changed the shape of the east the last few years. I thought Chicago had a really good chance to make a run at the finals. This has to be discouraging. When you attack the basket has hard and as often as he does your bound for knee injuries.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dude will be in a wheelchair later in life. Just retire

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and Kane got injured last night...rough night for Chicago sports :gah:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n182689 said:
and Kane got injured last night...rough night for Chicago sports :gah:

And you're going to be in a wheelchair later in life according to T REX. Not good.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
People talk about how fragile Dwyane Wade is..how old is D-Rose? Like 26? And he can't even finish a season? He might as well retire, maybe not this year but if he has another major surgery next season..this is getting beyond ridiculous!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just cut the leg off and replace it with one of those bouncy metal legs.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n182707 said:
People talk about how fragile Dwyane Wade is..how old is D-Rose? Like 26? And he can't even finish a season? He might as well retire, maybe not this year but if he has another major surgery next season..this is getting beyond ridiculous!
He's played something like 53 games in the past 3 years and made like 52 million...plus he's owed around another 40 million. He's not retiring anytime soon.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182698]

And you're going to be in a wheelchair later in life according to T REX. Not good. [/QUOTE]

The inside of his knees are going to be ground meat. He'll end up getting two total knee replacements and who knows what else once his legs start over compensating(two hips as well?).

Take the money and run. He's not winning anything anyhow, ever.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n182763 said:
He's played something like 53 games in the past 3 years and made like 52 million...plus he's owed around another 40 million. He's not retiring anytime soon.

I get that..but he is putting his future at risk with family, wife and son Derrick Jr..if he keeps getting hurt..like T REX said..it won't be pretty post career if he keeps getting injured..but he'll probably stick it out and do just that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n182784 said:
I get that..but he is putting his future at risk with family, wife and son Derrick Jr..if he keeps getting hurt..like T REX said..it won't be pretty post career if he keeps getting injured..but he'll probably stick it out and do just that.

At risk??? How so? So we walks with a limp for the rest of his life while having 100 million dollars in the bank.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I guess if that's what he cares about go ahead..play with damaged legs as long as you get paid. Just don't expect to be able to play with your children in future years. Kid didn't even pass the SAT's..doubt he's smart enough to make solid investments.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That is why you hire a financial adviser to help make the investments for you. Would you step away from $40 million dollars just so you don't have a limp later in your life?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, I think we're overstating the risk to Rose. The ACL, which was successfully repaired, isn't going to cripple him and he had the initial meniscus tear surgically repaired as opposed to clipped, which makes a difference. Clipped meniscus leaves the knee more vulnerable to permanent damage and the "bone on bone" scenario being talked about here. Repairing it does not. Rose had played a ton of minutes of late without any knee issues. It's not certain what caused the tear. I'll be interested to hear how.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182800]With all due respect, I think we're overstating the risk to Rose. The ACL, which was successfully repaired, isn't going to cripple him and he had the initial meniscus tear surgically repaired as opposed to clipped, which makes a difference. Clipped meniscus leaves the knee more vulnerable to permanent damage and the "bone on bone" scenario being talked about here. Repairing it does not. Rose had played a ton of minutes of late without any knee issues. It's not certain what caused the tear. I'll be interested to hear how. [/QUOTE]

I think this is his FOURTH major knee surgery in as many years. It could be genetics. It could be bad luck. I have no idea. But IMHO, he'll be a high risk for future injuries going forward.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n182814 said:
I think this is his FOURTH major knee surgery in as many years. It could be genetics. It could be bad luck. I have no idea. But IMHO, he'll be a high risk for future injuries going forward.

Agreed..until he proves otherwise by staying on the court without major surgery for a season or two..we'll all just be expecting a season ending injury sooner or later..kinda how it is with a ten year or so older Kobe Bryant right now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's three major surgeries, not four -- an ACL and two meniscus tears of the right knee. Rose was playing at a high level when he went down. No reason to think he won't again, esp if he has the tear surgically repaired. The biggest problem athletes face coming back from an injury like this is mental. There's fear and tentativeness that naturally follow. Rose had been somewhat on cruise control until of late, when he really started attacking the rim like the old Rose. There are risks in that playing style, but it is who he is. He either comes back the aggressive scorer he was or he's finished being Derrick Rose.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n182797 said:
That is why you hire a financial adviser to help make the investments for you. Would you step away from $40 million dollars just so you don't have a limp later in your life?
I would by the little Ceasars legs then they could walk for me!!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Time to consider the future and think about retirement. If you won't be able to walk all those millions won't be much help.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182872]It's three major surgeries, not four -- an ACL and two meniscus tears of the right knee. Rose was playing at a high level when he went down. No reason to think he won't again, esp if he has the tear surgically repaired. The biggest problem athletes face coming back from an injury like this is mental. There's fear and tentativeness that naturally follow. Rose had been somewhat on cruise control until of late, when he really started attacking the rim like the old Rose. There are risks in that playing style, but it is who he is. He either comes back the aggressive scorer he was or he's finished being Derrick Rose.[/QUOTE]

3/4 pa-tay-toe/pa-ta-toe - expect a fourth then. It is coming. The guy is injury prone. Or maybe his style of play is injury prone - either way it is the final result that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb