Derrick Rose suffers yet another major knee injury

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n182889 said:
3/4 pa-tay-toe/pa-ta-toe - expect a fourth then. It is coming. The guy is injury prone. Or maybe his style of play is injury prone - either way it is the final result that matters.

So what if he is? Are you saying you'd rather have Latrell Sprewell on your roster because he stays healthy?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182897]

So what if he is? Are you saying you'd rather have Latrell Sprewell on your roster because he stays healthy? [/QUOTE]

Magic fan here - lived in Orlando - we had Grant freaking Hill - how many games did he miss? How many has Rose missed? He's useless if he can't stay healthy. You do realize that, right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n182900 said:
Magic fan here - lived in Orlando - we had Grant freaking Hill - how many games did he miss? How many has Rose missed? He's useless if he can't stay healthy. You do realize that, right?

Of course I do. Where I differ from you is I don't believe in injury prone. I believe in the law of large numbers. Rose will be back and the naysayers will be eating crow. That's what I believe.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182903]

Of course I do. Where I differ from you is I don't believe in injury prone. I believe in the law of large numbers. Rose will be back and the naysayers will be eating crow. That's what I believe.[/QUOTE]

Serve me up if it happens. I give him less than 20% of coming back and playing for 2-3 seasons in a row

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182903]

Of course I do. Where I differ from you is I don't believe in injury prone.[/QUOTE]

if he's not injury prone he's definitely more susceptible to knee injuries. He's going to have to drastically change his game if he wants to play basketball in the future.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time for Chicago to ditch him. Does you no good to have him if he doesn't play. He'll have no confidence in his own knees any more..

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n183157 said:
if he's not injury prone he's definitely more susceptible to knee injuries. He's going to have to drastically change his game if he wants to play basketball in the future.

Because attacking the rim is what makes Rose the dangerous player he is. Eventually, just as Jordan morphed from the high-flying act to more of a postup scorer, Rose will learn to get more of his points away from the basket. For the time being, he's got to be aggressive. That being said, if they need to trim the meniscus, that changes his outlook immediately.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n183164]

Because attacking the rim is what makes Rose the dangerous player he is. Eventually, just as Jordan morphed from the high-flying act to more of a postup scorer, Rose will learn to get more of his points away from the basket. For the time being, he's got to be aggressive. That being said, if they need to trim the meniscus, that changes his outlook immediately. [/QUOTE]

most players do gravitate getting more points away from the basket as they get older. I think he needs to watch hours of film on Chris Paul.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take heat for this one I'm sure but I don't really feel bad for him. He was a Calipari kid and was an admitted cheater in college. I read an article that said he actually admitted to having other people take his college exams for him. I'm not saying I'm glad hes hurt or has health issues b/c I don't feel that way at all. What I am saying is I feel entirely different about someone like him getting hurt and losing out on a successful pro career compared to a kid in the same situation that did everything the right way with honor and integrity but had a run of misfortune.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n182903]Rose will be back[/QUOTE]
For half a season then his knee will get blown out again.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n183201 said:
I'll take heat for this one I'm sure but I don't really feel bad for him.

I agree with you. I feel no pity for they guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they should take him out in a field and shoot him just like they do lame race horses.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n183256]I think they should take him out in a field and shoot him just like they do lame race horses.[/QUOTE]

Glad you have come over to the correct side of this discussion. Welcome.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well perhaps when he comes back he might consider modifying his playing style, after all he does little good when in rehab.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He had a good game. I've got to admit I'm surprised he's playing. It will be interesting to see how hard he goes

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still predicting the Cavs to play the warriors in the finals

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n211184 said:
You resurrected an old thread. I thought he blew his knee again.
Unfortunately he'll probably do that pretty soon. But I'd like to see him and Noah make a run this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.