DeSantis signs bill to pay college athletes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just noticed your edit but disagree on the last point if the Feds have decided to decriminalize their own law. I’m honestly shocked it’s still on the books. Do they even prosecute it anymore? Definitely not in states with state legalization if it’s the primary offense.
It gets prosecuted every day. And they prosecute drug users or addicts who are found in possession of firearms every day.

And criminal proceeds from marijuana trafficking gets seized every day.

The prosecution guidelines are different in every district though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Swamp Donkey what does the last part of this webpage mean?

Federal implications

does it mean that simple possession and store sales are not felonies therefore they fall under state jurisdiction? Will the Fed’s just not prosecute?
Drug trafficking is always a felony.

Simple possession of small amounts of marijuana is a misdemeanor. It is rarely but sometimes prosecuted. There is also an option of just being given a federal fine, like a ticket.

This means you shouldnt take legal advise from a pothead:

"Federal land:
  • Marijuana is still illegal on federal land, including national parks, ski slopes and military bases."
Wrongo. Marijuana is still illegal in every state and territory of the United States. Not just federal land only.

It's hard to imagine whoever wrote that passed even a paralegal course much less is a licensed lawyer. A state can't "legalize" anything that the feds have banned, whether marijuana or lead paint.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Drug trafficking is always a felony.

Simple possession of small amounts of marijuana is a misdemeanor. It is rarely but sometimes prosecuted. There is also an option of just being given a federal fine, like a ticket.

This means you shouldnt take legal advise from a pothead:

"Federal land:
  • Marijuana is still illegal on federal land, including national parks, ski slopes and military bases."
Wrongo. Marijuana is still illegal in every state and territory of the United States. Not just federal land only.

It's hard to imagine whoever wrote that passed even a paralegal course much less is a licensed lawyer. A state can't "legalize" anything that the feds have banned, whether marijuana or lead paint.
Are you familiar with the Cole memo? See pages 10-11 of this Harvard law review:

https://harvardlpr.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2014/08/HLP204.pdf

Holder basically punted on enforcing in Colorado as long as the State enforced federal “priorities”.

But all may be moot: a marijuana ban is on the ballot this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, no changes here.
Sorry.... but you just arent aware.

You sound a bit like Avatar. He was shocked when DEA picked up one of his fellow pot dealers.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Sorry.... but you just arent aware.

You sound a bit like Avatar. He was shocked when DEA picked up on of his fellow pot dealers.
There are marijuana stores operating a mile from my house. They are regulated. They’ll still go after the guys who are doing it outside Colorado law but people are smoking marijuana regularly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are marijuana stores operating a mile from my house. They are regulated. They’ll still go after the guys who are doing it outside Colorado law but people are smoking marijuana regularly.
Long line. Big dogs and violent ones first.

You know illegals too. They probably havent been picked up yet either. same deal. Long line. big dogs and violent ones first.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why it’s hard to understand. Again, if you pop positive for marijuana on an NCAA test, you’re getting a long suspension... even if you are a Colorado athlete.

Bad examplel Seabee, the NCAA in their rules state they hand PEDs and recreational different. In your example if popped for steriods where it was league, they still get a 1 year ban. We have had a number of players popped for testing positive to the weed, that played the following Saturday. NCAA usually doesn't start to go after them until the 2nd or 3rd test if at all.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bad examplel Seabee, the NCAA in their rules state they hand PEDs and recreational different. In your example if popped for steriods where it was league, they still get a 1 year ban. We have had a number of players popped for testing positive to the weed, that played the following Saturday. NCAA usually doesn't start to go after them until the 2nd or 3rd test if at all.
I think you’re confusing school testing and NCAA testing. After searching their site, all I found was that they reduced a positive suspension on the first test from a full season to a half season.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From your lips to God’s ears, mi amigo
this is all that matters isn't it?

I don't know when or if my last game stopped working, or even what console it was for. was it NCAA2009 or 2010? Maybe Xbox.

Changing the roster each year in trying to adjust the stats for each player, such a drag.

I know some people figured out a few hacks and ways to download rosters.

I don't even remember what playbook we used for Muschamp. probably some shtt someone double-a team played. Some team worse than GSouthern. imagine loading Boise's playbook when Peas arrived then getting shocked to see what actually happened on the field. RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!

I had given up on it by the time Butters came but we could have used Bammers 08/09 playbook and changed all the player ratings ratings to 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator