Desmond Watson leads surging Gators defense

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The article says he's the number 1 rated run-stopping defender in the entire country over the last couple games. That's amazing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Love this kid. He plays hard and love what he is doing to help the Defense. Would have loved for him to get the 6 last weekend, but great. Would have also been cool if Rattler wound up underneath him.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The article says he's the number 1 rated run-stopping defender in the entire country over the last couple games. That's amazing.
It also said that he's played more snaps in the last 6 quarters than he did in the previous 12 combined.

I guess he's a really big part of the defensive turnaround. /Rog

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love me some big Des! I said when the season was about to start that I was hopeful he'd help out but also skeptical he'd be able to play many downs due to his weight and conditioning. In the spring the media guys were saying he'd be out of breath and gasping after a single rep. Looks like he must've come around because he's played a LOT more reps than I was expecting based on what those guys were saying. Glad they were wrong because he's seemingly getting better and better as the season goes on and him playing more snaps appears to benefit the defense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
if Dez could just drop 25 pounds hed be worlds faster and much better conditioned. perhaps with his snap count ticking up the weight will come down naturally.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
if Dez could just drop 25 pounds hed be worlds faster and much better conditioned. perhaps with his snap count ticking up the weight will come down naturally.
Napier stated yesterday that he is actually 435 and they are working on him. Sure they want to get the weight down some, but Napier said they want to change "the composition" of his body type. Convert some of that to good bulk and strength. Can you imagine if they kept him at about 420-25 and changed his body. Holy Shyt. He would be an absolute monster. He's a grown azz man now as it is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not an X and O guy, but I’ve found myself watching him and he’s impressive. He is immovable even though they’ve started double teaming him often. He doesn’t make a ton of tackles, but that’s really not his job. He eats up 2 blockers and 2 gaps most plays. Absolute beast!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Maybe I’m just getting used to Big Dez, but it looks like he’s slimmed down a bit this season.

Anyone have some before and after pictures? (If true, I intend to do the “reverse dez” over thanksgiving and get visibly fatter: wish me luck)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Dude is huge 6-5 400lbs?

Napier said he didn't even put in a strong effort over the summer, not like now.

Can you imagine him in a year or two?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
That’s a cool azz picture.
Someone needs to show him how to put away the football.
He doesn’t even have his hand on the ball.

That was an awesome play and Des has always been a player I hoped would evolve into a Tae Cody type player.

Looks like he’s headed in the right direction.

Love it!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Evidently he was close to 500 pounds out of high school. It's hard to comprehend that much human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator