Did Grier do enough to claim the job?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think he did. Ran the ball extremely well, but he put it on the ground once and obviously that pick in the end zone was terrible. The OL was really bad in pass protection and UK didn't need to blitz in order to get pressure, so they had extra bodies in coverage.

Attachments

• conv_4517.jpg
    conv_4517.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 32

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what goes on in Mac's brain.... I wouldn't be surprised if he started Harris again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n281774 said:
I have no idea what goes on in Mac's brain.... I wouldn't be surprised if he started Harris again.

Nah...all in all Grier played pretty well. Finally got some help from our receivers (other than Powell). The OL is gonna be our Achilles heal, but we knew that before the season started. If Grier has to run like that all year, Treon will be needed at some point.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why not.....but we still look like a Pop Warner team on offense. Can't run and really don't throw all that well either.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think he's in there because of his upside. Harris probably would have given us the exact same game, but can't explode with his arm like Grier can potentially do. However I think it is safe to say we are going to see them both all year because there is no way he stays healthy playing this way.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n281779 said:
Why not.....but we still look like a Pop Warner team on offense. Can't run and really don't throw all that well either.

Think Bilema could coach em up? :lol:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think so, he is only going to get better. I like the toughness he showed tonight when he was obviously not 100%. He is a baller.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grit and giving it up for that crucial 4th quarter 1st down with a dinged wing... until he implodes or something worse, stay the course with him. Treon will bail us out of a mess or help make a decisive play somewhere during these brutal SEC WARS.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, Grier can't take hits like that every game and survive.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to start putting more air under his throws. Showed a lot of guts tonight, he clearly wasn't 100% by the end of the game. He's going to have freshman growing pains, but the more he plays, the more he'll grow. But that's assuming the offensive line lets him live long enough to play that much.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he played average, loved his toughness but he's got his redzone woes. If he improves there, he'll sell me. He had some impressive runs. 0 points in the 2nd half isn't acceptable though.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He won the game and didn't make any super major mistakes. He made some great throws and showed great athleticism. I think he started to look to run to quickly. I think our OL is horrible and because of that it will be a long year

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n281782 said:
Think Bilema could coach em up? :lol:

I'm sure he could do fine with our talent level and depth, something he has neither of there, not to mention half of his offensive starters are gone with injuries after 3 games.....I'm just hoping we can at least run or pass by the time we play Ole Miss....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the oline did fairly decent tonight. Kentucky actually has a decent dline. I think that there should've been more Cronkrite and Scarlett.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that we're going to beat Ole Miss.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n281806 said:
I thought the oline did fairly decent tonight. Kentucky actually has a decent dline. I think that there should've been more Cronkrite and Scarlett.

Cronkrite hurt his ankle and was out for the game by the 3rd quarter.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;281809 said:
Cronkrite hurt his ankle and was out for the game by the 3rd quarter.

Don't know how I missed that. I didn't see Scarlett play. Did he?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n281807 said:
I don't think that we're going to beat Ole Miss.

Or LSU either. Not as worried about the road game at Mizzou after seeing them today. UsucK should waste them next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.