Did Mullen Call Out the Fans?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So, by that reasoning we shouldn't expect much winning in away games?
Football transpires on the gridiron not in the stands.
Mullen's mind is befouled by his team's poor showing. He gets a wad of blame for not recognizing that Franks is too unreliable to depend on. Depending on Franks is a slippery slop. Who can QB the team better? = I think QB Toney, had he been practiced, developed would lead this team to more wins.
If Trask has better accuracy than Franks, the coaching should have been dedicated to him. Truthfully, I don't see any other choice but to develop Trask & EJ.

You dont spend one ounce on Tranks or Frask...You spend it all on EJ and then allow KB to come do Mama Mullen as long as he commits to playing here. One year of KB, then EJ and the rest of the Mullen QBs...Dont waste an ounce of energy on two guys who don't fit this offense

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Two thoughts:

1) Mullen has a point about the fan showing being a disappointment for our Homecoming Game when we're ranked as a Top 15 team.

2) Mullen should definitely know better than to take a veiled shot at our fanbase given how piss-poor we played across the board today (his responsibility) and how piss-poor our program has been for most of the last decade (not his fault, but what he's here to fix). And he should *especially* be careful about any type of fan criticism in Year 1 after taking veiled potshots at our fanbase over the years when he was at MissSt: it was a huge reason why he wasn't exactly the most popular of hires among large sections of the fanbase.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2) Mullen should definitely know better than to take a veiled shot at our fanbase given how piss-poor we played across the board today (his responsibility)
And how piss poor we've played for three games.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Trask's respectable performance today in garbage time showed us how he compares to Franks, and that we have been sold a bill of goods because he does throw a nice ball and is likely better than Franks. Now give Trask 1st team reps in practice, sit Franks and iron out the kinks from constant holding of clipboards on the sidelines. But coach, if you don't straighten out both lines that have regressed it won't matter anyway. Not on the fans coach; this is 100% on you and staff. Do your job and make us a contender. That's what you were hired to do. We didn't get whipped like a red-headed stepchild at Homecoming by lowly Mizzou because you put a fine-tuned, well prepared Gator team on the field.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Vandy felt more like a Butters "win".

Disagree. But in an event, we should’ve shown up the past two weeks and we didn’t.

Fire everyone. Fine. We could hire a Meyer-Saban spawn and you’d still have massive open spaces in the stadium. That’s the point.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Disagree. But in an event, we should’ve shown up the past two weeks and we didn’t.

Fire everyone. Fine. We could hire a Meyer-Saban spawn and you’d still have massive open spaces in the stadium. That’s the point.

Win and the fans will return. That's how it works. Put a good product on the field that people want to watch and the fans will return. Don't bitch and whine about fans when the team you coached just crapped the bed at home, again, against an unranked opponent.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

I just think this fan base has been let down so often that it will take a lot to see that stadium packed more than the LSU game. Even the LSU game wasn’t as packed as when Tebow was playing. Winning and playing consistently will help.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Win and the fans will return. That's how it works. Put a good product on the field that people want to watch and the wins will return. Don't ***** and whine about fans when the team you coached just crapped the bed at home, again, against an unranked opponent.

I’m not totally disagreeing that it’s a bad look tonight. But again, we were #9 last week and still pacing 10 wins this week, and in neither situation did our fans show. So that’s not entirely correct.

We can bash him for numerous things. But he has a legitimate gripe with the this.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Win and the fans will return. That's how it works. Put a good product on the field that people want to watch and the fans will return. Don't ***** and whine about fans when the team you coached just crapped the bed at home, again, against an unranked opponent.
As I said before, atmosphere was horrible from before the kickoff. It was pathetic.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I’m not totally disagreeing that it’s a bad look tonight. But again, we were #9 last week and still pacing 10 wins this week, and in neither situation did our fans show. So that’s not entirely correct.

We can bash him for numerous things. But he has a legitimate gripe with the this.

A legitimate gripe? If you've watched any Florida Football since the LSU game, you wouldn't be saying that. We are barely doing anything on offense and the defense is getting thrashed. Why would anyone want to go waste money on a giraffe airmailing every football and or a statue who ****s his pants when there is a blitz. If you wanted fans then create excitement like playing a highly recruited QB named Emory Jones who can actually fit your offense. Give the fans something to want to come see, not just replaying the same **** as the last few years but in different formations.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just think this fan base has been let down so often that it will take a lot to see that stadium packed more than the LSU game. Even the LSU game wasn’t as packed as when Tebow was playing. Winning and playing consistently will help.

That’s fine. But just don’t criticize miami or seminole fans, or give me the “in all kinds of weather” bs if we’re going to do the exact same thing. Hundreds of tix available outside and a general lax attitude within say we’ve become not that dissimilar.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A legitimate gripe? If you've watched any Florida Football since the LSU game, you wouldn't be saying that. We are barely doing anything on offense and the defense is getting thrashed. Why would anyone want to go waste money on a giraffe airmailing every football and or a statue who ****s his pants when there is a blitz. If you wanted fans then create excitement like playing a highly recruited QB named Emory Jones who can actually fit your offense. Give the fans something to want to come see, not just replaying the same **** as the last few years but in different formations.

We showed up in 2005. It was ugly. We got smoked in Tuscaloosa, lost a maddening game against Lsu, needed STs play to beat 5-win ut, scored nothing beyond Q1 in Jax, took VU to overtime and lost to Usce...and we still showed up in the final game against the noles.

Again, we’re asking 18-21 olds to forget the last few years and start again. But we can't expect the same things from fans?

Again, not dismissing the coaches. But the support is garbage and no where near 1990 or 2005.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's been calling the fans out since last summer. Said fans need to show up before we win championships. I am as die hard as they come but, I am worn out after watching crap since Tebow graduated....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He needs to worry about his team. Bc if the shyt on the field continues he's going to be looking at Mac level stadiums in short order.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Fcvk off Dan! Worry about coaching your team up to play sound, hard-nosed, disciplined football...worry about getting your staff to implement good game plans...use your offensive “genius” to score TDs by the bushel and win games...and you’ll have no problem selling out the stadium.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, we’re asking 18-21 olds to forget the last few years and start again. But we can't expect the same things from fans?

Again, not dismissing the coaches. But the support is garbage and no where near 1990 or 2005.
Call Fooley.

It's the natural result of his decade of neglect.

Most of these kids were in preschool the last time we werent a joke.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He needs to worry about his team. Bc if the shyt on the field continues he's going to be looking at Mac level stadiums in short order.

Don’t disagree. Other than I think the fan support is going to be terrible regardless. I talked about this in week 2. If I’m not mistaken, it was made into a plaque.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It’s mostly students and it’s almost everywhere. Kids don’t like football like we did. Seriously. Saban is calling out his students as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb