Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the answer to the question is yes

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone who doesn't want to play balls-out should be released from their scholarship at this point. Let walk-ons play to finish the season if that's what it takes.

Do you think these guys quit because they just love themselves some Mac?

Discuss.
Dude some of these guys started quitting during the Michigan game.....The rest began checking out 3 or 4 weeks ago...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This season? In 28 years I've never seen a Gator team lay down like this. In a lot of ways this was worse than the Georgia Southern loss.

4-7 under Doug Dickey or 0-10-1 in Pell's first year were pretty miserable. But this is pretty bad because we thought we had the talent and the coaching. While Mac may have sown the seeds of his demise early in his tenure, as early as in his first year, even before Grier's problem, we thought this year could be good. I think it fell apart with the suspended-9, and progressed from there. We have a lot of freshman and juniors on this team, and I'd love to see what a new coach, like Frost, could do.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't know. I'm not a mind reader. I know the players did the same on Chump. I watched the jag players quit on Gus Bradley. I watched the players quit on Jack Del Rio in his final year. It seems to be the norm once a team knows a coach is gone or they have finally tuned him out.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not making any excuses,but it is human nature to let down when your know your coach was being fired last week and then gets fired the following week. On top of that you were coming off close losses in which you played poorly, but in the past you had won those close games in which you played poorly. The team had a feeling that they were better than they were during the entire time under Butters b/c of 2 SECCG's and winning close games against way inferior opponents. The problem was that the head coach did not have the leadership ability to let them know that they were not very good, and he could not see how poorly coached they were. This team has almost ZERO talent. Let me repeat that. this team has almost ZERO talent. But worse than that, is they have less than ZERO coaching. I have seen all over the country sub par talent play with decent discipline and fundamentals b/c of coaching, but I have never seen pure talent overcome poor coaching for any length of time (okay maybe Les Miles, but no one else). Good coaching can make things happen. Poor coaching just shows the problems sooner and bigger.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
They may be more talented on paper, but I guess they don't measure heart in those star ratings

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who doesn't want to play balls-out should be released from their scholarship at this point. Let walk-ons play to finish the season if that's what it takes.

Do you think these guys quit because they just love themselves some Mac?

Discuss.

They quit because they are weak. Mac bred weakness and softness and a no can do attitude. Mac is like termites that infect a house and weaken the foundation and walls. Mac is the worst of the worst. A sorry excuse for a human.

I never thought I could be more pessimistic than before. We will lose out. Mac and Foley should be driven from Gainesville with pitchforks and torches never to return.

Foley best AD ever? Say it to my face and I will throatpunch you.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even the 1979 0-10-1 team played with more heart. They tried. Reminds me of the year before, when the players quit on Doug Dickey.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Imo, there seems to be a lack of leadership and "buy-in" in the overall team culture. Again, just from an outsiders perspective, maybe im completely wrong. The team does not look motivated or excited. That seems to be a theme of the Mac years.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering next week how many more players we lose to injury, at this point we have to be well into our 3rd stringers?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4-7 under Doug Dickey or 0-10-1 in Pell's first year were pretty miserable. But this is pretty bad because we thought we had the talent and the coaching. While Mac may have sown the seeds of his demise early in his tenure, as early as in his first year, even before Grier's problem, we thought this year could be good. I think it fell apart with the suspended-9, and progressed from there. We have a lot of freshman and juniors on this team, and I'd love to see what a new coach, like Frost, could do.
Welcome back, Savannah.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering next week how many more players we lose to injury, at this point we have to be well into our 3rd stringers?

IMO, we should only play 2nd and 3rd team guys the rest of the way. The way the 1s didn't even bother to show up to play today, they don't deserve to start again.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Whenever there is a mid-season coaching change (any sport, any level) the players can CHOOSE to go in one of two directions. They can stand up and move on proudly and with great effort knowing that better days are ahead; or they can turn tail and slink away into oblivion. Today, I saw the stuff that the 2017 Gators are made of. It was not a pretty picture.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They quit because they are weak. Mac bred weakness and softness and a no can do attitude. Mac is like termites that infect a house and weaken the foundation and walls. Mac is the worst of the worst. A sorry excuse for a human.

I never thought I could be more pessimistic than before. We will lose out. Mac and Foley should be driven from Gainesville with pitchforks and torches never to return.

Foley best AD ever? Say it to my face and I will throatpunch you.

So come to Savannah and throat punch me. I dare you. I want you to. PLEASE PLEASE

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.