Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
An 11:00a local time game playing in Missouri against a bottom dweller team, following a week that saw their coach fired and nothing to play for. Did they quit? That would imply they were actually giving effort to feign with.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Teams rarely if ever play better after their coach is fired. Today was as expected.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly think this is the result of a Mac coached team. He never had answers, her did not mind getting "whooped", didn't care if he won or lost, he just enjoyed being in the stadium.
He never had pride and this team doesn't have pride.
A new coach will make all the difference. (Shannon is a loser and does not bring anything new to the table)

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
This team was lost and this season was lost when the credit card scandal was revealed and 9 players suspended. That should have told everyone that there is something very seriously wrong with the culture of this team, from top down. I know this is so much speculation and hindsight on my part but I think that scandal is a direct reflection of McElwain's leadership qualities.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
That was pathetic. Can we not fire nuss and nord right now? Surely there's a grad assistant or retarded monkey hanging around that could coach better

00u0u_7DdELubbfIw_600x450.jpg

"NOW LET'S SEE. WHAT WOULD BE A
GOOD PLAY TO RUN RIGHT NOW?"

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
They quit, we're not used to seeing this because the last few guys fired still hung around to coach, this is 2004 Peach Bowl quitting.

No wins left on the schedule.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
When I saw the player rubbing Mac's shoulders in the ATM game (?) I knew they did not have "it", they just wanted Mac to be appeased. I have never seen anything like that.

Its a culture thing and we have to get rid of almost everyone on staff.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I saw the player rubbing Mac's shoulders in the ATM game (?) I knew they did not have "it", they just wanted Mac to be appeased. I have never seen anything like that.

Its a culture thing and we have to get rid of almost everyone on staff.

Yep, originally I wanted to see 1 or 2 coaches kept around for continuity's sake. After today, I say clean house. These kids don't respect any of these coaches or they wouldn't quit like they did today.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
It is really hard to figure why Nuss is still calling the plays.

I know right!?! They can't seem to execute his plays without penalties or blocking the wrong guys so WHY OH WHY are we sticking with him and going to allow Champ to bury us? UGH.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yep, originally I wanted to see 1 or 2 coaches kept around for continuity's sake. After today, I say clean house. These kids don't respect any of these coaches or they wouldn't quit like they did today.

Some of these kids need to be gone as well

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@colecubelic: Florida’s 29-point loss was their largest against a team that entered with a losing record since 1946.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be hard for any coach to rebuild given the indifference of the players Mac recruited to this team. Since we can't just get rid of all of the players, whoever becomes the next coach is going to have a tough task ahead of him. Given Frost's ability to take an 0-12 team and in just two years make them into a scoring machine, we can only hope that he is the guy that Stricklin brings in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator