Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It's going to be hard for any coach to rebuild given the indifference of the players Mac recruited to this team. Since we can't just get rid of all of the players, whoever becomes the next coach is going to have a tough task ahead of him. Given Frost's ability to take an 0-12 team and in just two years make them into a scoring machine, we can only hope that he is the guy that Stricklin brings in.
Yeah, since a young Bear Bryant doesn't seem to be available.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well, to be fair, many still believe SOS will coach the gators again.

Which is why many people outside of Gator fans think we have one of the most unintelligent fan bases in the country. We are no less passionate, but often times we do lack certain smarts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Given Frost's ability to take an 0-12 team and in just two years make them into a scoring machine, we can only hope that he is the guy that Stricklin brings in.
Few have any doubt he's going to try to bring him in. But will he sign? That's the question.

I have no idea who is #2 on UF's list.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Fire a coach a week until our demands are met, like with hostages...lol.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So come to Savannah and throat punch me. I dare you. I want you to. PLEASE PLEASE

Please please please get checked for mental illness.

Edit: It doesn't matter but seems like an odd request.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They may be more talented on paper, but I guess they don't measure heart in those star ratings
They arent better on paper either.

That was always a bunch of shyt. Think that those classes Butterteeth stole from FIU, Vandy and Indiana are comparable to the bluechippers (mostly defense) that left for the NFL?

That is insane. butters landed two of the three worst classes weve ever landed and they are on full display.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not disagreeing with you. But with all the turmoil and the fact that we're talking about impressionable 18-21 year old kids, I can understand from their perspective.

That doesn't make it right or mean that I like it however.
Kids seem to be so immature and entitled these days. Even the high school kids are so much more like this than those I last coached some years back. It's an epidemic. To repeat what I posted in my weekly, McElwain praised autonomically after every loss. "I still like this team" and "our players played their tails off" was about the only consistent thing he said, I believe. "Played their tails off?" Not today or last week and sporadically prior to. McElwain was not their leader, he was their friend and camp counselor. He was fearful of being not liked and not wholly popular; thus, he petted and rubbed as opposed to getting in that ass and correcting. Unfit for command.

They made a decision to quit.
...and yet...

When I saw the player rubbing Mac's shoulders in the ATM game (?) I knew they did not have "it", they just wanted Mac to be appeased. I have never seen anything like that.

Its a culture thing and we have to get rid of almost everyone on staff.
See above. McElwain's culture was love, happiness, and participation trophies. The only thing hard about his culture was having to stomach it and see the resulting product. The new guy will probably lose some of the roster, but he won't lose anybody that can't be done without.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
They arent better on paper either.

That was always a bunch of shyt. Think that those classes Butterteeth stole from FIU, Vandy and Indiana are comparable to the bluechippers (mostly defense) that left for the NFL?

That is insane. butters landed two of the three worst classes weve ever landed and they are on full display.

I got scolded in chat box for saying Missouri had more talent, lol

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
oh what sad times are these when passing ruffians can score td's at will against the Gators. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These guys wanted to make sure ole randy doesn't coach em next year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Few have any doubt he's going to try to bring him in. But will he sign? That's the question.

I have no idea who is #2 on UF's list.
His first name rymes with ike last name rymes with orvill

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They appeared to me they were part of a high school team. These kids have not been coached up one iota. It’s very sad. This whole group of coaches should be banned from coaching anywhere. I feel sorry for this group of young men. They have basically been robbed of their collegiate careers. If anyone deserves a new decent group of coaches, it’s them. It wasn’t the HC alone, it is the whole group. This could be the worse group of coaches ever assembled.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This team has had quit in them since late 2015. Their coach basically quit on them and most teams take their on their coach’s persona. Not sure what anyone expected a failed HC as interim was gonna get changed in 5 days, but I had a feeling this was it. We’ve got a couple of years of rebuilding with the RIGHT hire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This could be the worse group of coaches ever assembled.
While this sounds dramatic, I've got to agree, at least for a major college program. There isn't a single phase of the game or position of players that is coached well. It's unbelievable.

Books should be written about this level of incompetence. It should be a 30-for-30 special: "The Worst Coaching Staff Ever Assembled".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator