Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You mean the players didn't play hard for this guy?

195a00869852bd0.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you been there Law Donkey? Or just observation from the telie? I know for the most part, what fans there are don't show on the tube.
I have not been there.

CaGator91

Nov 16, 2015
Honestly? I think so. I also think the players that make up our team are soft and weak. It doesn't take much for them to throw their helmet down and quit. We got blown out by Georgia last week and our coach got fired? Oh well. Lets just lay down and take it easy for the rest of the year. Pathetic losers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We complain about having poor assistant coaches due to the Head Coach/CEO, then those assistant coaches are the ones incharge and expect a different product?

Our players follow their coaches, and both groups are weak and soft. What about the last two months has shown you otherwise?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We complain about having poor assistant coaches due to the Head Coach/CEO, then those assistant coaches are the ones incharge and expect a different product?

Our players follow their coaches, and both groups are weak and soft. What about the last two months has shown you otherwise?
I had faith that the players had pride, regardless of who was coaching. I was wrong.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
At least I'm not still pining for Mac like you.
In your fantasies.
Prolly no one is happier than me that he's gone this soon. Thought we were stuck with him for another year or two. I'm a very happy Gator these days.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And he is very, very excited to see them, too.

I hate how you all keep mischaracterizing this photo. He's not asleep. He's hard at work looking at his phone while sending out a text message to a recruit. :grin:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There's no reasonable doubt that they threw in the towel before they ever got on the plane. The only question is why? Was it the eventual long-term effect of the betrayal of the program by the thieving nine? How about the ineptitude and spinelessness of a head coach who finally realized just how far in over his head he really was and pulled the old "you can't fire me I quit routine"? Was it a locker room full of dejected, overwhelmed kids who just couldn't rise to the occasion one more time? I think it's a culmination of all these things, and probably some other factors no outsider can ever know. But one I thing I do know is that this team has disgraced itself and better find some pride fast. I agree with Ox, anyone who can't get his head out of his ass and start competing again deserves whatever he gets from those who love the school and the program. Falling down is bad. Not getting back up again is much worse.

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
There's no reasonable doubt that they threw in the towel before they ever got on the plane. The only question is why? ...(sic)... I think it's a culmination of all these things, and probably some other factors no outsider can ever know.

Probably no single thing, like you said.

But the staff clearly failed at building character and leadership.

Even at the most successful programs, a guy gets popped now and then for doing something stupid. But on a team with character and leadership, it doesn't spread and infect an eighth of the entire roster.

And when a coach is ousted -- even a ****ty one -- it creates a vacuum. But if we were instilling the right values, character and leadership would have filled that void and rallied the troops. We were not, so it did not.

Compare this team to the 2004 team. ****ty coach gets ousted mid-season following an ugly loss. Things looked bleak, but THAT team won their last 3 and knocked off heavily-favored FSU in their house. Say what you will about Zook, but that dude at least instilled some character in his guys, and you could tell by how they finished the season.

Similar situation, but night and day difference between a bad team with character and leadership, and a bad team without it. This team has imploded. It's about weathering the storm now.

I like a few of our coaches, but we need to clean house and remove all traces of the old culture.

I'm keeping an open mind about (most of) the players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was it the eventual long-term effect of the betrayal of the program by the thieving nine? /QUOTE]
This had zero effect. The offense looked the same before and after the suspensions and without the suspensions Malik Davis probably doesnt even touch the ball this year.

Out of the nine, seven wouldnt have played at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.