Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

Scales

Nov 3, 2017
IMO, we should only play 2nd and 3rd team guys the rest of the way. The way the 1s didn't even bother to show up to play today, they don't deserve to start again.
Echo that 100%. Bench the first stringers. This is all a try-out for next year at this point.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I respectfully disagree with SD. There are effects on morale, hence expectations, hence performance, that possibly exceed the actual material damage-particularly in the minds of very young men. Also, anyone who doesn't thinks that "just two" of the nine would have been called on to contribute (linebackers in particular) wasn't watching the same young, thin, over-matched defense I've been looking at the last several weeks. I also imagine that anyone would rather face LSU & TA&M with the 2 SD refers to, than without. Lastly, It also goes, IMO, to the general lack of leadership that characterized the program under Mac's not so steady hand. Not arguing - just saying.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think the two true freshmen LBs would have played more than the three true freshmen DTs who have been FLATOUT dominant the few times they were allowed on the field, then promptly removed to play undersized (thanks S&C) sh!tty 3 star upperclassmen? Or more than the other young LBs who also aren't allowed to play significant times?

You sit on a throne of lies (or delusion).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:cool:
Hell, fans (fanatics) have totally given up -- so not surprising that malguided players couldn't think well enough to not look like they quit. They were putridly slipping by on the puffs of McZen; then the fairytale-weaver was gone and they were goners. Perhaps, his firing plus the fact that there was "cause" probly showed them that he was all lies of an HC hiding that he was all fake, all in over his head. Thus it's suddenly thrust on them that they, as players, are all in over their heads. They didn't just lose a buddy-HC, they lost anything to believe in, thus were left with that hollow jargon of a swindler "it is what it is". Confused on the field, no surprise there.

A school has to expect a rational AD HC evaluator to recognize bullshyt when a candidate poops it out in interviews. Foley ignored that even though you know McElwain spoke in answers to interview questions. Can you imagine Mac answering probing strict relevant head-coaching questions with coherent understandible answers. {Brings to mind, Stricklin should dig up Frost's Wonderlic scores as one box-click?} Have any other HC candidates ever taken the Wonderlic test = that's another rarety in Frost's resume'.

Anybody thinking that Nuss could rally our offense-guys, his mind being flooded with the overriding thought that his protector-friend was fired foremostly for not fixing the offense?
This entire staff was hired as mediocre coaches designed not to have any brilliance from showing how blah Mac was. Lazy staff would not show how lazy the HC is {include Foley in that lazy fold}.

Hope we get Frost. They'll know honesty then. Frost will tell them in the way they'll believe him ... tell them it's all clean-slate competition for each position. With Frost a minimum of practices and he'll know & name the leaders for starters at each position thereby telling the others who & how they have to outperform in order to see the field = top spirited practices will result. Team closeness will ensue. Players will hone their particular skills. No one will be allowed to quit or even dog-it in practices. The culture improvement will have teammates firing up teammates = the ole in-game butt-slap with "come on, we've worked too hard to let down here in front of our fans and tv coverage".

But mostly, having a QB, OL, and WRs-TEs doing the Wonderlic-things will stoke the fire that was allowed to go out over the last 8 years. Frost will have Franks much better or he'll have Allen beating him out by showing better production & adherence to the Prosess. Frost is bold enough as well as insistant on immediacy to even start true freshman Corall, if he runs the process the best.

Remember ... Frost will not chastise a QB if he tucks it and runs to daylight and slides for smart 'safenessity'.. That's actually something that fires up the momentum of teammates everytime the QB pulls out a first down with his legs. That is something we've been without since Tebow. No don't bash-run like Tebow just run where the D leaves a big gap for gallop.

I believe Frost can straighten out Franks head. Teaching the liitle details, like DBs do not watch the QB's eyes; they cannot really see those. What they watch is the angle of the QB's helmet. So teach all QBs to turn their helmets as far to the left but cut their eyes so they're clearly seeing the middle of the field WRs. Be able to throw where you're "not looking" is one misdirection trick. { of course the QB can turn his head the last second straight to the tatget to fire it. And vice versa for the left side look. This emphasizes how important throwing over the middle is plus the importance of hitting WRs in stride.

Having a truthful, "right here" HC in your face training you to be your best will be the biggest morale builder, biggest confidence transfusion. There is & will be enough talent here to fight off UGa (& FSU) in 2018. Players must have felt the fakeyness McCrew trained into them. Now, in 2018, they'll have the "fight of their life" to be good enough to play for Scott Frost. They will know, when they get yelled at, it's correct and it's correction ... teaching, developing. Big part of Frost's Process is : if you're good in practice, you'll do good in the game. So you gotta get good right here right now in practice. It'll be a rude awakening, but a rude awakening is needed for players trained in the McZenXanex fog.

Now that's something to have hope about i.e. Stricklin gets the man that can bring back the fun-football that made Gators prominent and feared... that also was a magnet to the top recruits. We gotta have a dynamite leadership QB and a dynamighty leader star LB & DB to attract the best recruits at those positions. How well we recruit across all positions is how well fortified our depth will be. UF should shun Bama's style of FB, but surely copy their depth of 2 first string lineups.

Sorry for the length. I could have shortened it, but then y'all would have had less to pick apart.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:cool:
Hell, fans (fanatics) have totally given up -- so not surprising that malguided players couldn't think well enough to not look like they quit. They were putridly slipping by on the puffs of McZen; then the fairytale-weaver was gone and they were goners. Perhaps, his firing plus the fact that there was "cause" probly showed them that he was all lies of an HC hiding that he was all fake, all in over his head. Thus it's suddenly thrust on them that they, as players, are all in over their heads. They didn't just lose a buddy-HC, they lost anything to believe in, thus were left with that hollow jargon of a swindler "it is what it is". Confused on the field, no surprise there.

A school has to expect a rational AD HC evaluator to recognize bullshyt when a candidate poops it out in interviews. Foley ignored that even though you know McElwain spoke in answers to interview questions. Can you imagine Mac answering probing strict relevant head-coaching questions with coherent understandible answers. {Brings to mind, Stricklin should dig up Frost's Wonderlic scores as one box-click?} Have any other HC candidates ever taken the Wonderlic test = that's another rarety in Frost's resume'.

Anybody thinking that Nuss could rally our offense-guys, his mind being flooded with the overriding thought that his protector-friend was fired foremostly for not fixing the offense?
This entire staff was hired as mediocre coaches designed not to have any brilliance from showing how blah Mac was. Lazy staff would not show how lazy the HC is {include Foley in that lazy fold}.

Hope we get Frost. They'll know honesty then. Frost will tell them in the way they'll believe him ... tell them it's all clean-slate competition for each position. With Frost a minimum of practices and he'll know & name the leaders for starters at each position thereby telling the others who & how they have to outperform in order to see the field = top spirited practices will result. Team closeness will ensue. Players will hone their particular skills. No one will be allowed to quit or even dog-it in practices. The culture improvement will have teammates firing up teammates = the ole in-game butt-slap with "come on, we've worked too hard to let down here in front of our fans and tv coverage".

But mostly, having a QB, OL, and WRs-TEs doing the Wonderlic-things will stoke the fire that was allowed to go out over the last 8 years. Frost will have Franks much better or he'll have Allen beating him out by showing better production & adherence to the Prosess. Frost is bold enough as well as insistant on immediacy to even start true freshman Corall, if he runs the process the best.

Remember ... Frost will not chastise a QB if he tucks it and runs to daylight and slides for smart 'safenessity'.. That's actually something that fires up the momentum of teammates everytime the QB pulls out a first down with his legs. That is something we've been without since Tebow. No don't bash-run like Tebow just run where the D leaves a big gap for gallop.

I believe Frost can straighten out Franks head. Teaching the liitle details, like DBs do not watch the QB's eyes; they cannot really see those. What they watch is the angle of the QB's helmet. So teach all QBs to turn their helmets as far to the left but cut their eyes so they're clearly seeing the middle of the field WRs. Be able to throw where you're "not looking" is one misdirection trick. { of course the QB can turn his head the last second straight to the tatget to fire it. And vice versa for the left side look. This emphasizes how important throwing over the middle is plus the importance of hitting WRs in stride.

Having a truthful, "right here" HC in your face training you to be your best will be the biggest morale builder, biggest confidence transfusion. There is & will be enough talent here to fight off UGa (& FSU) in 2018. Players must have felt the fakeyness McCrew trained into them. Now, in 2018, they'll have the "fight of their life" to be good enough to play for Scott Frost. They will know, when they get yelled at, it's correct and it's correction ... teaching, developing. Big part of Frost's Process is : if you're good in practice, you'll do good in the game. So you gotta get good right here right now in practice. It'll be a rude awakening, but a rude awakening is needed for players trained in the McZenXanex fog.

Now that's something to have hope about i.e. Stricklin gets the man that can bring back the fun-football that made Gators prominent and feared... that also was a magnet to the top recruits. We gotta have a dynamite leadership QB and a dynamighty leader star LB & DB to attract the best recruits at those positions. How well we recruit across all positions is how well fortified our depth will be. UF should shun Bama's style of FB, but surely copy their depth of 2 first string lineups.

Sorry for the length. I could have shortened it, but then y'all would have had less to pick apart.

Damn rog, it takes me 30 mins to interpret your 1 liners. This one's gonna take a week to figure out...

trailerparkboyseyesfollowingunknown.gif

love ya bro.:fistbump:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Damn rog, it takes me 30 mins to interpret your 1 liners. This one's gonna take a week to figure out... love ya bro.:fistbump:

You guys are correct to chastise that "treatise". I really should have divided that into 3-4 posts. I got started & couldn't stop. This waiting for a good HC hire is putting me on edge. I'm gonna buy me some dill pickles and ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb