Dillon Sterling-Cole picks Arizona State

R

Requiem121110

Founding Member
Founding Member
We knew that was happening when UF took a two star backup quarterback.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing our system fits task better than his highschool.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We've struck out with every qb we've gone after. This was like our 4th or 5th option at qb.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
t-gator;n252765 said:
Good thing our system fits task better than his highschool.
This is No surprise people! Everyone in recruiting knows that we haven't spoken to Sterling-Cole since his visit to UF.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
This is No surprise people! Everyone in recruiting knows that we haven't spoken to Sterling-Cole since his visit to UF.
I gotcha. The visit must not have gone too well. Hopefully a good season will flip one of these qbs.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
t-gator;n252793 said:
I gotcha. The visit must not have gone too well. Hopefully a good season will flip one of these qbs.
From what I've heard is he didn't impress the staff during his workout. Lack of Arm Strength was the major issue.

R

Requiem121110

Founding Member
Founding Member
GatorGorilla;n252809 said:
They have Trask as a 3 star today although @ 6-6 211 lbs he more suited to volleyball
That is illustrative of how this "star" stuff is as political as it is objective. It's astounding how much better a prospect is viewed when he commits, or is even offered by an Alabama, for example. Now Trask is suddenly better since UF has him as a commit? I have always thought it hilarious that some folks are anxious about someone, after they've already said yes to their school, getting another "star".They then start saying that a four star is really a five star, and when will he get that additional star, etc. Guess what, once he says he's coming to your school, he's not going to become a better player if someone gives him another star. Trask did not become better today because some guy saw UF take him and think, that alone, deserves another star.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we can generate some offense, win some games and improve throughout the season, we will have kids interested again, thats how it works. Focus on this fall and things will work out.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not expecting any high 4/5* to sign this year with the fact that Grier is a RSF. Now lets see how the season plays out. If we have a great year they may bump it up some. But right now Mac is needing depth and getting some. If we're successful this year, you'll start to see the QB's file in. It is going to be a wait and see for a while. With what Mac has been doing, I have no doubt he'll be going after some quality QB's and land them. He's already made more offensive strides than Mustank did in 4 years.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Who cares? We already have our 2017 qb. We don't need a top tier guy this year.

R

Requiem121110

Founding Member
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n252830 said:
I'm not expecting any high 4/5* to sign this year with the fact that Grier is a RSF. Now lets see how the season plays out. If we have a great year they may bump it up some. But right now Mac is needing depth and getting some. If we're successful this year, you'll start to see the QB's file in. It is going to be a wait and see for a while. With what Mac has been doing, I have no doubt he'll be going after some quality QB's and land them. He's already made more offensive strides than Mustank did in 4 years.

I'm curious. What "strides" has he made that have impressed you so much? As far as I know, UF hasn't played a single game yet under McElwain. I also don't see how McElwain's recruiting has been any better than Muschamp's for offensive players, in fact Muschamp holds the edge in that respect. Is it the way he talks?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Requiem121110;n252869 said:
I'm curious. What "strides" has he made that have impressed you so much? As far as I know, UF hasn't played a single game yet under McElwain. I also don't see how McElwain's recruiting has been any better than Muschamp's for offensive players, in fact Muschamp holds the edge in that respect. Is it the way he talks?
:jerkit:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

It's the no sock thing. I hear it's all the rage for 2016 and beyond.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
From what I've heard is he didn't impress the staff during his workout. Lack of Arm Strength was the major issue.
I watched his highlight film and lack of arm strength is being very polite. Kid was not an SEC QB.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When Will Grier establishes himself as the starter for the next four years, all of this hyperbole will be comedic gold.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Requiem121110;n252819 said:
That is illustrative of how this "star" stuff is as political as it is objective. It's astounding how much better a prospect is viewed when he commits, or is even offered by an Alabama, for example. Now Trask is suddenly better since UF has him as a commit? I have always thought it hilarious that some folks are anxious about someone, after they've already said yes to their school, getting another "star".They then start saying that a four star is really a five star, and when will he get that additional star, etc. Guess what, once he says he's coming to your school, he's not going to become a better player if someone gives him another star. Trask did not become better today because some guy saw UF take him and think, that alone, deserves another star.

What astounds me is what could possibly motivate a mole from some **** hole to want to go to a rival site and try and pick at something till it bleeds. If you want to spend any time on this site you need to learn who yer daddy is. Does that make any sense? If you want to have meaningful conversation with a member of this site you need to adjust your tone.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n252924 said:
What astounds me is what could possibly motivate a mole from some **** hole to want to go to a rival site and try and pick at something till it bleeds. If you want to spend any time on this site you need to learn who yer daddy is. Does that make any sense? If you want to have meaningful conversation with a member of this site you need to adjust your tone.

:exactly:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Muschamp lover or Troll. Almost has an Alvie Dork type of response. :nutswinger:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.