Moderating GIF

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you cold smoke it?
How long did you cure it?

I cured it for like 9 days, was supposed to be 7 but I had a work trip get in the way. After that you rinse it off and let it sit uncovered in the fridge for 24-48 hours then I cold smoked it.

Only thing I’d change is a bit less salt and different wood. I smoked it in my egg and used my typical lump charcoal and post oak wood which maybe is too harsh for bacon. But I didn’t have apple wood or any fruity wood so I’ll try that next time. Still it was awesome

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I cured it for like 9 days, was supposed to be 7 but I had a work trip get in the way. After that you rinse it off and let it sit uncovered in the fridge for 24-48 hours then I cold smoked it.

Only thing I’d change is a bit less salt and different wood. I smoked it in my egg and used my typical lump charcoal and post oak wood which maybe is too harsh for bacon. But I didn’t have apple wood or any fruity wood so I’ll try that next time. Still it was awesome
I made some last year ... smoked with cherry wood. Best bacon I've ever had. Cherry wood is out of this world. (tried Oak, Mesquite, Apple, Pecan too)

I let mine sit in cold water for a few hours to get the extra salt out. (in the fridge).

Then let it sit uncovered in fridge.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I made some last year ... smoked with cherry wood. Best bacon I've ever had. Cherry wood is out of this world. (tried Oak, Mesquite, Apple, Pecan too)

I let mine sit in cold water for a few hours to get the extra salt out. (in the fridge).

Then let it sit uncovered in fridge.

It’s so much better than store bought bacon that’s for sure. Maybe I’ll try cherry then. Did you use only cherry? What type of smoker?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’s so much better than store bought bacon that’s for sure. Maybe I’ll try cherry then. Did you use only cherry? What type of smoker?
I tried a bunch of different woods but cherry tasted the best to me.

I used a small , portable bbq grill with a pellet smoker tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb