Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Cheating tonight. But never eat this so thought I’d share. Roasted elk loin with braised red cabbage and juniper. And a pepper.

So the elk was thinking about a pepper?

(dots...bubble thought...oh never mind)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It will probably be the way we all end here.....

Sliced to pieces and slumped over a bed of braised cabbage, fine. But with a huckleberry juniper sauce drizzled over my lifeless body? I feel like I’ve been a decent person. A little respect would appreciated.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sliced to pieces and slumped over a bed of braised cabbage, fine. But with a huckleberry juniper sauce drizzled over my lifeless body? I feel like I’ve been a decent person. A little respect would appreciated.

Interesting choice. What wine pairs well with that?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are we still talking about elk, or have you gone full on Hanibal? If the latter, I think a nice, rich, full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon would fit.

Also, you may have lost it. Get help.

I'm fine but thanks for your concern.
I wouldn't be caught dead at any restaurant that serves... you. :lol:

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Are we still talking about elk, or have you gone full on Hanibal? If the latter, I think a nice, rich, full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon would fit.
Naturally, as you actually ate the dish you should know best. And FWIW, that would have been my first choice too.

@CDGator fruit sauces on food, do to all the residual sugar, are often tough matches for wine - very sweet fruit can actually make a lot of wine taste sour and astringent. Even the upfront fruitiest wines can taste odd next to a sweet fruit sauce. In this case, huckleberries are pretty close to blueberries, so that's what I was thinking when I was thinking cab. An outside the box choice that might have worked would be a high quality cru Beaujolais. (Elk in general, like deer, caribou, etc. is usually going to be good with cab.)

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Shrimp, clams, scallops, mahi, local andouille. Put too much tomato in this time. Cauliflower not rice. More cioppino like than gumbo.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My wife made cedar plank salmon and sauteed scallops tonight along with baked new potatoes.

But instead of taking pictures, I ate that sht. You're welcome :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator