buen provecho
Bored Come On GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Highlight of the week…GBM elegant meal! Something to get rid of the taste of burning football program out of my mouth. Exquisite palate cleanser and taste / olfactory stimulus to boot, even if only vicariously!
Btw cousin’s hubby is a commercial fisherman and said yesterday that grouper is about to go into a three year ban. Marine study in the gulf indicates not enough male fish :headslap:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Btw cousin’s hubby is a commercial fisherman and said yesterday that grouper is about to go into a three year ban. Marine study in the gulf indicates not enough male fish :headslap:
That will suck bigly. This recipe called for sea bass, which is not easy to find near my house. I figured Grouper would work as a substitute and was correct. Guess I’ll have to plan on a different fish soon.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That will suck bigly. This recipe called for sea bass, which is not easy to find near my house. I figured Grouper would work as a substitute and was correct. Guess I’ll have to plan on a different fish soon.
Man, sea bass is so expensive nowadays.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d give anything for a good redfish filet to blacken with some rice and fresh pico (haven’t perfected my shrimp sauce).

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. We have a seafood truck from AL that’s comes to town every few weeks. Might have to get a few extra fillets.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, sea bass is so expensive nowadays.
Beef tenderloin is $25 per pound at Costco .
The usda tenderloin is $35 per pound . Just can’t bring myself to drop a buck fifty on a piece of beef . Even an exquisite one.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beef tenderloin is $25 per pound at Costco .
The usda tenderloin is $35 per pound . Just can’t bring myself to drop a buck fifty on a piece of beef . Even an exquisite one.
Our grocery (Smith’s or Kroger in @CDGator land) just dropped their rib roasts to $6.97/lb. They are Choice but I might get one anyway. You’re right, Costco is $12.99 & 14.99/lb but they are prime.

IDK. Maybe I’ll just do steaks.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Our grocery (Smith’s or Kroger in @CDGator land) just dropped their rib roasts to $6.97/lb. They are Choice but I might get one anyway. You’re right, Costco is $12.99 & 14.99/lb but they are prime.

Our Kroger had them for $7.99/lb. I made a rookie mistake when I bought one of Wednesday. I quickly looked at recipes and missed that it should be dry brined for 1-4 days. I wanted to make it tonight for my BIL's family coming in town but didn't ask the experts on GC soon enough. I started brining it today and will cook it Christmas day instead.

Plan B for dinner tonight are shrimp and grouper Po Boys. Not a bad alternative.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our Kroger had them for $7.99/lb. I made a rookie mistake when I bought one of Wednesday. I quickly looked at recipes and missed that it should be dry brined for 1-4 days. I wanted to make it tonight for my BIL's family coming in town but didn't ask the experts on GC soon enough. I started brining it today and will cook it Christmas day instead.

Plan B for dinner tonight are shrimp and grouper Po Boys. Not a bad alternative.
What’s this dry brine you are using, S&P? In the fridge?

I bet if you were to check the grocery today that price has changed. It changes yesterday for us.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What’s this dry brine you are using, S&P? In the fridge?

I bet if you were to check the grocery today that price has changed. It changes yesterday for us.
Had to return to Kroger this morning and they didn't have any at all. It was a limit of 1 also but I was going to use a different kroger card.

It's a S&P, paprika, onion salt and garlic seasoning brine. Cut the bones off separately and will cook them as well. Wish I had a smoker but here goes nothing. I'm committed now.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Publix has the same deal going on. Bought one today for Christmas dinner. They looked pretty good. In all honesty, I’ll cut them into 1-1/4” ribeyes to marinate for 48 hrs and then grill. I don’t have the means to smoke the whole roast anymore and not turned on by what the conventional oven does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.