Dinner time

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see you’re still using the Dixie China, you racist bastard.
Somebody gave my granddad a car tag that said “Hell, I ain’t forgettin!’ Wonder how long it’d last today parked at Wal Mart?

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
I suspect I could make a meal out of just a plate of those poppers - accompanied by some cold beer of course.

Those are a pain to make and always disappear fast at my house. I think the record made for us was about 200 for one of our get togethers. Zero leftovers.

Useless fact - make the Chuys creamy jalapeño dip for people to dip them into—they disappear at twice the normal rate.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks fantastic and really delicious.
She a gator girl ?
She grew up a Gator, but decided on Valdosta State for college. She’s a really good cook and has baked cakes to sell. Now if we could get her to better attend to her kitchen mess!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
She grew up a Gator, but decided on Valdosta State for college. She’s a really good cook and has baked cakes to sell. Now if we could get her to better attend to her kitchen mess!

That’s great . I had several friends at VSU from high school when I was in Gainesville . Those blazers even had that clown transfer QB Fabian Walker at the time .

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
7858BA94-43EA-4ABF-8EDF-F8AF522F1B72.jpeg One of the best things my wife has ever made. It’s like a southern Shepard’s pie.

ingredients:

Black eyed peas
Turkey sausage
Collard greens
Onions
Cream based sauce
Cheesy cornbread on top

dash of Tabasco on the bottom parts. Unbelievable. I’ll try to get the recipe posted.

we’ve decided to make this our new New Year’s Day meal because of the greens and peas.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the best things my wife has ever made. It’s like a southern Shepard’s pie.

ingredients:

Black eyed peas
Turkey sausage
Collard greens
Onions
Cream based sauce
Cheesy cornbread on top

dash of Tabasco on the bottom parts. Unbelievable. I’ll try to get the recipe posted.

we’ve decided to make this our new New Year’s Day meal because of the greens and peas.
I started it for you but it needs some ingredient amounts and directions..

A Southern Shepard’s pie

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cover2 if she ever needs something, at VSU, then I would be more than happy to assist. I work there. You could PM me.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 if she ever needs something, at VSU, then I would be more than happy to assist. I work there. You could PM me.
I appreciate that Auggie. I let you know if anything comes up. She should graduate in the spring. Hopefully they get back on campus this fall.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I appreciate that Auggie. I let you know if anything comes up. She should graduate in the spring. Hopefully they get back on campus this fall.

No problem.

VSU will be open in the Fall and will have both on-line and face-to-face instruction. Their plan is currently on their main web page and is updated fairly regularly.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
My wife conveniently lost the blade to the food processor and burned up the blender within a week of each other... during her birthday month, go figure. Bought her a ninja deal that has a blender and food processor attachments. anyone got a solid go to milkshake recipe I can make? haven’t made one in years.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright fellas I’m expecting some good news, Photos and details for dinner tomorrow . It will probably be Monday before I post mine . I’m sure NV spent his afternoon slaughtering a cow preparing for an epic feast tomorrow night . Happy fourth ladies !

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
36C4F33F-3329-45EA-B716-F0D360768CE6.jpeg

Warming up with hot dogs, baked beans, chips. Getting ready for supper and fireworks. That’s my wife’s SunDrop. I hate the stuff.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 23184

Warming up with hot dogs, baked beans, chips. Getting ready for supper and fireworks. That’s my wife’s SunDrop. I hate the stuff.
I’m glad you qualified the Sun Drop, Joe. I was going to accuse you of having a poor man’s “Mule’s Ear” with your meal. In LA (Lower Alabama) a “Mule’s Ear” is Old Forrester and Mountain Dew, among higher class rednecks. Many an ugly woman has been led down the aisle on the power of this concoction.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Happy 4th to all my red-blooded All-American Gator brethren and sister-en. Hope you guys have had a joyous and reflective day! We’re celebrating at the lake in big style. Wife and kids got me a flattop for Father’s Day and this evening was the maiden voyage...

E42FCBCA-CD65-4994-8C31-0D350C01A190.jpeg

Sorry I didn’t get any ‘after’ photos, but the burgers turned out great. Onions on the flattop were a difference maker. One of our old football boosters used to tell me that when burger sales at the games started slowing down, he’d throw a handful of onions on the griddle and they’d come a running. I’m looking forward to doing breakfast on it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
1EB432C2-F089-46DC-87B6-9D5DDE75AABE.jpeg 062EBABD-05D8-4B53-ADCC-D5B04FAC2CB2.jpeg

Back for supper with ribs, corn on the cob, green beans from my neighbor’s garden,(he gave them to us), and homemade potato salad. My wife made the lemon icebox pie from scratch. Blueberries from tee in backyard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.