Dinner time

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Rib-eye from the BGE, seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning. Crazy simple, accompanied by green beans, and homemade pesto (from Mrs G.’s basil plants) on Angel hair with my recent favorite bargain cab, the Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills. Finishing the bottle as I type this.....
upload_2020-8-9_21-34-38.jpeg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wife made a roasted chicken tonight and some rigatoni alfredo. I made the salad(not pictured). For GBM, she also opened a bottle of Il Bruciato.

And side note, the pineapple in the background is from my grandfather’s garden in Ocala. He almost made it to 100 (this June), but came up a few months short. So his plants still producing for us is a nice reminder.

View attachment 24294

Yardbird looks cooked to perfection. Sorry to hear your grandaddy passed.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wife made a roasted chicken tonight and some rigatoni alfredo. I made the salad(not pictured). For GBM, she also opened a bottle of Il Bruciato.

And side note, the pineapple in the background is from my grandfather’s garden in Ocala. He almost made it to 100 (this June), but came up a few months short. So his plants still producing for us is a nice reminder.

View attachment 24294

Great story buddy

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Rib-eye from the BGE, seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning. Crazy simple, accompanied by green beans, and homemade pesto (from Mrs G.’s basil plants) on Angel hair with my recent favorite bargain cab, the Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills. Finishing the bottle as I type this.....
What size egg you got? my Akorn rusted through and is no longer able to smoke. I’d like one but I’d also like to throw a smoker on the back of the camper and head out....egg ain’t makin that trip

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
What size egg you got? my Akorn rusted through and is no longer able to smoke. I’d like one but I’d also like to throw a smoker on the back of the camper and head out....egg ain’t makin that trip
Large. Suits us great. It was a Christmas present and I’m still learning the ins and outs.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Sunday evening I cooked some ribeye steaks on my Blackstone along with some burgers. Then last night the Mrs. had me cook some more steaks plus she wanted me to brown some ground beef to use for tacos, spaghetti, or lasagna. I just threw the package of ground beef on and started chopping it up hibachi style. It does a really great job like that and didn't really take very long at all. It takes much longer in a skillet in the kitchen in fact.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
upload_2020-8-12_14-56-31.jpeg
Smoked salmon w a couple cherry & pecan chunks. did it on the kettle, no idea what temp it cooks but I try to get the fish off at 145.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
upload_2020-8-14_6-17-13.jpeg
grands picked up the girls yesterday afternoon, we did our first low country boil at home. Turned out amazing and the miss had a great time cleaning up.hkme made crab cakes were also very good.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We have a truck from Alabama that drives through Lexington with seafood once a month so I stock up. It’s much better than the grocery stores provide around here. I fried large red shrimp and grouper for dinner and then cut up russet potatoes to air fry in the ninja foodi. There were some token steamed veggies but who really cares about those. :lol:

There are no photos so maybe it didn’t really happen. :dunno:

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Had a hankering for an old style meal like my grandma used to make. Whipped this up for supper this evening...

E0D49C6D-4F22-44C3-A3B5-2D82EB6B6E9A.jpeg

Peas we put up in June with bacon drippings and a few pods of okra from the garden, homemade mashed potatoes, fried cube steak and some sawmill gravy made from the renderings in the pan. Missus made a pear crisp with pears from the tree in the back yard. I feel like I’m fortified for the upcoming week.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Had a hankering for an old style meal like my grandma used to make. Whipped this up for supper this evening...

Peas we put up in June with bacon drippings and a few pods of okra from the garden, homemade mashed potatoes, fried cube steak and some sawmill gravy made from the renderings in the pan. Missus made a pear crisp with pears from the tree in the back yard. I feel like I’m fortified for the upcoming week.

giphy.gif

Every bit of that sounds amazing!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

At your age, you’d be better off staying away from fried anything and bacon grease. Don’t think gravy is a healthy option either. Pear crisp? Meh. Never liked pears. But those peas & okra and taters look legit. Nice work.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a truck from Alabama that drives through Lexington with seafood once a month so I stock up. It’s much better than the grocery stores provide around here. I fried large red shrimp and grouper for dinner and then cut up russet potatoes to air fry in the ninja foodi. There were some token steamed veggies but who really cares about those. :lol:

There are no photos so maybe it didn’t really happen. :dunno:
It's the thought that counts.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At your age, you’d be better off staying away from fried anything and bacon grease. Don’t think gravy is a healthy option either. Pear crisp? Meh. Never liked pears. But those peas & okra and taters look legit. Nice work.
You’re probably right. But I weighed my options and decided on a coronary caused by Southern cooking as opposed to cirrhosis of the liver or a bullet from a jealous husband. All seem like family or regional traditions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator