Dinner time

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've never tried frog legs. Were those hopping this morning too?
No, but they were gigged around Kissimmee. So while not that day fresh, they weren’t commercially harvested either. Give ‘em a try sometime. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
upload_2020-9-28_19-17-17.jpeg
never even eaten, let alone made risotto before today. had the day off and got it in my head I was going to make it happen. rehydrated porchini shrooms and whites. I didn’t need to go to the gym today with the stirring workout I got. simple SV pork loin and grean beens.

my buddy brought over loin medallions the other day and for some reason I thought SV’ing them would improve them but I was wrong. whole loin was good just a tad over.

took the risotto to one of my boss’s house (his off the Italian boat mom is living with him while their house is built in the villages) and she said it was great doneness, but didn’t hold back about how the mushrooms overpowered it. Never met her before tonite. she made a bunch of hand movements and kept saying brishoot & peas. I got the translation eventually.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Had some andouille sausage, fresh corn and potatoes in the refrigerator so I grabbed some frozen shrimp and made a low country boil.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Made chili last night - cooked a 2nd pot with the exact same recipe except swapped a lb. of "fake meat" (I can't remember the brand) and sauteed the garlic in vegetable oil instead of bacon grease for my vegetarian wife. Despite an "odd" smell of the veggie meat, her's tasted pretty damn good (the fake meat even "browned" a bit and was decent consistency).

Of course - bacon, chorizo pork, and 85/15 ground beef make all the difference :lol:

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Made chili last night - cooked a 2nd pot with the exact same recipe except swapped a lb. of "fake meat" (I can't remember the brand) and sauteed the garlic in vegetable oil instead of bacon grease for my vegetarian wife. Despite an "odd" smell of the veggie meat, her's tasked pretty damn good (the fake meat even "browned" a bit and was decent consistency).

Of course - bacon, chorizo pork, and 85/15 ground beef make all the difference :lol:

Yum! It's going down to the 30's this week. Good chili weather.
Do you serve it "Cincinnati" style which is over pasta? Something I learned after moving to KY.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yum! It's going down to the 30's this week. Good chili weather.
Do you serve it "Cincinnati" style which is over pasta? Something I learned after moving to KY.

Nope - just chili and more chili. We do use Tostito's "scoops" and a big slice of cornbread to crumble on top, and I'll add heat (seranos, cayenne, cholula) and a dollop of sour cream.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Cheesesteak sandwiches on the BS with hand cut fries in the air fryer. New family favorite and so easy!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Steak stir fry on the Blackstone
Wontons from Costco made into a soup

About time you posted a picture.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
What the heck is the 2nd picture?
Pimento cheese, (two kinds of cheddar, mayo, cream cheese, jalapeño, chipotle powder, garlic and onion powder. S&p)

put it in the food processor, won’t do that again, I prefer the coarse texture of hand mixed

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Pimento cheese, (two kinds of cheddar, mayo, cream cheese, jalapeño, chipotle powder, garlic and onion powder. S&p)

put it in the food processor, won’t do that again, I prefer the coarse texture of hand mixed

We have beer cheese in KY that’s similar. Blended smoothly with the spices (no mayo) but also has beer added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb