Dinner time

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Fried Baloney with mustard. Fried Spam is good too.

Vienna Sausage, pork and beans or Beanie weenies from the can or beef jerky were go too when fishing.

Miracle whip is nasty. Dukes Mayo or bust.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Breakfast is important too.

Country ham, sausage, buttermilk biscuits made with rendered bacon fat.

Looks good. Looks like you started out trying to neat about your biscuits and then worked your way to finally saying, Fuchs it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good. Looks like you started out trying to neat about your biscuits and then worked your way to finally saying, Fuchs it.
Those last ones were the dough from the leftover between the biscuit cut-outs. I didn't take the time to reroll them. They're lucky to even be included.:lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Made twice baked potatoes but the shells fell apart. So then I made twice baked potato casserole instead. :grin:

They tasted great.

Think I'll freeze the leftover and make eggs and 3x baked potatoes casserole next week

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Trimmings" from WHAT`S STUFFED INSIDE HOT DOG NOT THAT BAD
I'm sure @NOLAGATOR could add some color to this

USDA regulations for sausage in the frankfurter-bologna category are quite specific and apply to any and all products labeled with the terms frankfurter, franks, hot dogs, wieners, Vienna, bologna or knockwurst. Hot dogs are made from "trimmings", which is basically all the leftovers after the better cuts of meat are taken away.

This vague descriptor basically means that the meat is taken from the "leftovers" of an animal after all the other, better cuts of meat are cut away. The article goes on to specify that these "trimmings" may come from lower-grade muscle, fatty tissues, head meat, animal feet, animal skin, blood, liver, and other "edible slaughter by-products.
If a hot dog contains anything other than skeletal meat, it's labeled as "with byproducts" or "with variety meats".

It begins to start looking like a hot dog around the 2 minute mark

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
"Trimmings" from WHAT`S STUFFED INSIDE HOT DOG NOT THAT BAD
I'm sure @NOLAGATOR could add some color to this

USDA regulations for sausage in the frankfurter-bologna category are quite specific and apply to any and all products labeled with the terms frankfurter, franks, hot dogs, wieners, Vienna, bologna or knockwurst. Hot dogs are made from "trimmings", which is basically all the leftovers after the better cuts of meat are taken away.

This vague descriptor basically means that the meat is taken from the "leftovers" of an animal after all the other, better cuts of meat are cut away. The article goes on to specify that these "trimmings" may come from lower-grade muscle, fatty tissues, head meat, animal feet, animal skin, blood, liver, and other "edible slaughter by-products.
If a hot dog contains anything other than skeletal meat, it's labeled as "with byproducts" or "with variety meats".

It begins to start looking like a hot dog around the 2 minute mark

nope, nope, nope - I think I watched this video as a 3 year old and this is why I've never eaten one!
With that said, I do eat sausage and some kielbasa :lol:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
nope, nope, nope - I think I watched this video as a 3 year old and this is why I've never eaten one!
With that said, I do eat sausage and some kielbasa :lol:
I eat just about anything but if it's hot dogs I try to buy Hebrew Nat'l or Nathan's. Nathan's uses a sheepskin casing so I don't think that qualifies as kosher.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thick cut fried bologna cooked correctly is fantastic. Same for good quality hot dogs.

The key is to char them both. I had char-dogs in Chicago, and fell in love. The more burnt, the better.

1371591484181.jpeg

@CDGator , I had boiled hotdogs as a kid too. You can’t use that as your bar...get a grilled dog on a toasted hot dog bun with mustard, relish, onions.

Yum.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Trim is just that...Meat, Fat, Moisture.

Generally, the only difference is flavoring, casing, and texture.

MSM or Pink Slime is just cured and finely ground...think hot dog, or bologna.

But texture, casing and cooking can make a huge difference. Even the finest meats can be turned to mush.

You can't really legislate that...how?

Everything in the protein industry is used but the cluck, squeal, or moo.

Quality is determined by the customer.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Trim is just that...Meat, Fat, Mositure.

Generally, the only difference is flavoring, causing, and texture.

MSM or Pink Slime is just cured and finely ground...think hot dog, or bologna.

But texture, casing and cooking can make a huge difference. Even the finest meats can be turned to mush.

You can't really legislate that...how?

Everything in the protein industry is used but the cluck, squeal, or moo.

Quality is determined by the customer.

Raw oysters are a delicacy for many but I’ve often wondered who decided to try one first thinking it might be good.

Side note- lobster used to be fed to prisoners and slaves.

It was not until the mid-19th century that lobster trapping, also first practiced in Maine, became a more popular way to collect the sea creatures. Dirt-cheap because they were so copious, lobsters were routinely fed to prisoners, apprentices, slaves and children during the colonial era and beyond.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Having some people over tonight for the game, and my wife made a white chili. Probably should’ve switched to beer already but I was living off of Weller last week during the uga beating and can’t bring myself to change.

upload_2020-11-14_18-57-28.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Having some people over tonight for the game, and my wife made a white chili. Probably should’ve switched to beer already but I was living off of Weller last week during the uga beating and can’t bring myself to change.

Avocado is a nice touch. I’ll try that sometime.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
20201114_191719.jpg @CDGator - dem skrimps be lookin marvelous-
I made a simple corn pudding tonight to go with spanish rice and sausage and it was really awesome-

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I eat just about anything but if it's hot dogs I try to buy Hebrew Nat'l or Nathan's. Nathan's uses a sheepskin casing so I don't think that qualifies as kosher.
Sheepskin? I believe that’s what those Trojan Magnums I used back in my tomcat days were made of ;). No wonder I’m not much on hotdogs.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sunday after church meal. Ribeye and chicken on the grill with baked potato and green beans.

D0F06C9B-2709-427C-BC65-EEC753833971.jpeg

FB070BD4-1802-45A4-BCE0-EF17AE5642E4.jpeg

Soaked the steak in Dale’s with some black pepper and the chicken in Italian dressing. Light on the salt when using the Dale’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator