Dinner time

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I always wanted to eat at The Yearling, but the one time we went by there, it was closed for a spell. We didn’t eat a bunch of gopher and I think the reason was the same feelings you mentioned. They were pretty good, however. It is amazing how quickly they can dig a hole. The best wild game I’ve had lately was fresh gator tail. A buddy I work with hunts them (legally :)) and he usually gets a few of us guys together when he cooks. He soaks them in condensed milk for a day or so, then coats them with Zatarain’s fish fry. It’s hard not to eat too many!
When people had a special get together back in the day somehow, miraculously all of a sudden gator would appear to be cooked along with everything else. The best "eaters" from the wild were usually around five feet.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

Ate 4 lobster for dinner and a slice of Key Lime pie from Publix.
Now I'm really hungry!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
7A0EC29C-60FA-47B5-983A-B70AEB057648.jpeg

Daughter got the ahi poke bowl but I think they put watermelon on there instead. :lol:

I got fried shrimp, blackened scallops, fried okra and collard greens.

6978D233-4067-4559-903E-0A623EFBFFCA.jpeg

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ate 4 lobster for dinner and a slice of Key Lime pie from Publix.

I’ve had a lot of key lime pie, from all of the most famous places in Key West, and I still rated my personal favorite to be Publix….until last week. We spent a few extra days in Marathon, and on our way out, we stopped at a small place in a strip mall in Marathon called Sweet Savannah’s Sweet Savannah's Cupcakes |.

I didn’t have the chance to ask, but I’d swear they use Biscoff for their crust. It’s dense (like Publix), not fluffy like cheesecake (which is what I’d say Kermit’s is like).

@Slug, if you like Key Lime pie and are heading down from Islamorada at all on your trip - stop at this place and get a pie. You won’t be sorry.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve had a lot of key lime pie, from all of the most famous places in Key West, and I still rated my personal favorite to be Publix….until last week. We spent a few extra days in Marathon, and on our way out, we stopped at a small place in a strip mall in Marathon called Sweet Savannah’s Sweet Savannah's Cupcakes |.

I didn’t have the chance to ask, but I’d swear they use Biscoff for their crust. It’s dense (like Publix), not fluffy like cheesecake (which is what I’d say Kermit’s is like).

@Slug, if you like Key Lime pie and are heading down from Islamorada at all on your trip - stop at this place and get a pie. You won’t be sorry.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Overheard a man say to his wife at Kroger: you know I’m getting kind of burned out on the hamburger helper. We have been hitting it pretty hard lately.

@Seedy ’s reply: Dude’s got it good and doesn’t even know it.

25 years of trying to impress this man with my cooking has apparently been wasted. Guess it’s true when they say the grass is always greener on the other side. :lol:

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Overheard a man say to his wife at Kroger: you know I’m getting kind of burned out on the hamburger helper. We have been hitting it pretty hard lately.

@Seedy ’s reply: Dude’s got it good and doesn’t even know it.

25 years of trying to impress this man with my cooking has apparently been wasted. Guess it’s true when they say the grass is always greener on the other side. :lol:

Hamburger helper ? . I’ve seen more appetizing bowls of Purina .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This one really requires no explanation. Though the lady left it in the oven for over a minute . I said 30 seconds is enough to get a good melt . Leave it to a lady to screw up a good meatball .

18B13BA3-2984-4C0C-98A9-BECE68B31748.jpeg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This one really requires no explanation. Though the lady left it in the oven for over a minute . I said 30 seconds is enough to get a good melt . Leave it to a lady to screw up a good meatball .

View attachment 33717
You must’ve left the toilet seat up again.

Still looks good…a little crunch to the bread, maybe, but good nonetheless.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You must’ve left the toilet seat up again.

Still looks good…a little crunch to the bread, maybe, but good nonetheless.

I made the meatballs and had them in the sauce
In a nice simmer just how you want it . She cut the bread and got the provolone out . I tell her no more than 30’seconds in the oven and go take a
Leak . When I get done the ****ing subs are still in the oven ‍♂️ .

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I made the meatballs and had them in the sauce
In a nice simmer just how you want it . She cut the bread and got the provolone out . I tell her no more than 30’seconds in the oven and go take a
Leak . When I get done the ****ing subs are still in the oven ‍♂️ .
Good thing that you didn’t take a dump :dunno:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is a meal that my mom would have made. Everything came out of the garden except the ham. Although we did find a skunk this morning so I guess we could have substituted. :lol: 559D32A1-837A-4A7B-9254-EF0F06163CE6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator