Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Love this thread for motivation.
Anyone have a Blackstone grill they cook on? Always looking for new food to cook on ours.

Wildcaught salmon with cilantro, garlic, paprika, lime and Tupelo honey marinade. Cooked it on a cedar plank for added flavor. (Picked up the honey last week on the way to the beach in Medart, just outside of Wakulla.)

IMG_2060.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Cousin’s wife has a seafood supply connection in Panacea and they came cleaned. Same outfit that supplies a couple of the restaurants down that way. I’ve never cleaned just the claws, but when picking the blue crabs you could always keep them intact by just cracking that joint. They can be a little pricey I guess. It was a treat when we heard what was on the menu.

Blue crab claws are a favorite when I go home.That meal looks amazing.
We were in Panacea last Monday visiting Alligator Point but (almost) all the restaurants are closed. Ended up at Tropical Trader.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone have a Blackstone grill they cook on? Always looking for new food to cook on ours.

Wildcaught salmon with cilantro, garlic, paprika, lime and Tupelo honey marinade. Cooked it on a cedar plank for added flavor. (Picked up the honey last week on the way to the beach in Medart, just outside of Wakulla.)

@BMF you have a black stone, right?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 23920

That looks truly spectacular

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 23920
If you haven’t got a flattop, you owe it to yourself to get one. Had men’s night at the lake and cooked burgers last night. Always start it off with a couple of onions, then slide ‘em to one side and smash the burgers over the dregs. Hard to beat.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Relatively new to the Blackstone (flat top) grilling but it makes cooking fun. Always looking for new food to try but I must admit that it is a game changer in cooking steaks, stir fry and even breakfast.

breakfast blackstone.jpg cheesesteak blackstone.jpg filet blackstone.jpg shrimp blackstone.jpg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Careful. @BNAG8R is a hyper sensitive mod. On the bright side, he doesn’t know how to use the mod functions outside the chat box.
That guy is a nut-job! I definitely DO NOT recommend anyone go hiking with him. He once tried to push an innocent man off of a ledge. The guy wasn't seriously injured but I heard that BNAG8R actually took pics of his "victim" as he lay on the ground beneath the ledge. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014

Blackstone gets used at least 3 or 4 times a week in this house. Slightly behind the sous vide.

I can count the number of proteins I’ve grilled from raw on one hand over the last year and a half.

I’ll take a picture of my Blackstone setup at some point. it’s on a table meant for a green egg without the hole. I put the table on casters so I can wheel it out of my screened porch to cook cuz the MF makes the porch a dry sauna - imagine a hibachi joint without a vent and no ac

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Blackstone gets used at least 3 or 4 times a week in this house. Slightly behind the sous vide.

I can count the number of proteins I’ve grilled from raw on one hand over the last year and a half.

I’ll take a picture of my Blackstone setup at some point. it’s on a table meant for a green egg without the hole. I put the table on casters so I can wheel it out of my screened porch to cook cuz the MF makes the porch a dry sauna - imagine a hibachi joint without a vent and no ac

Sweet! I'd love to see your setup. Our 22" doesn't have a lid so we cover it but it sits on the porch. Never thought of trying sous vide but I hear great things about the method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb