Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
ea1e0cd134e4b92c8e445e5ae8ff2dd7.jpg

Didn’t make it but chicken and waffles from a recent trip to Savannah…so damn good
Chicken and waffles are great but that has too much jam, imo. Tell me more about the greens though!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Grouper and shrimp fried in a Cajun seasoning. The cocktail sauce was really spicy too. Seedy made a Poboy with his. Veggies from the garden.

7C0666F1-DEA9-4F33-84BD-3CCAEEEA22CA.jpeg

Son made chocolate chip cookies so Seedy put Heath Bar ice cream on it and made a ice cream cookie sandwich. Great idea, Yum!

0174BA67-9B30-4DBE-9C98-471CC566BBDD.jpeg

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Grouper and shrimp fried in a Cajun seasoning. The cocktail sauce was really spicy too. Seedy made a Poboy with his. Veggies from the garden.

View attachment 46380

Son made chocolate cookies so Seedy put Heath Bar ice cream on it and made a cookie. Great idea, Yum!

View attachment 46381
Looks good

My mom used to make a Heath bar cake that was incredible. No idea what happened to that recipe; I’m sure one of my sisters swiped it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 46380

Son made chocolate cookies so Seedy put Heath Bar ice cream on it and made a cookie. Great idea, Yum!

View attachment 46381

I definitely would’ve went with the po boy as well . Looks great and I find myself wanting to give that sad looking pup the biggest cookie I can find .

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who suffers from Acid-Reflux and while all this looks great, My chest is already burning?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 46380

View attachment 46381

Heath is so good…I make a homemade Heath s as me caramel ice cream that is my all time favorite

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ea1e0cd134e4b92c8e445e5ae8ff2dd7.jpg

Didn’t make it but chicken and waffles from a recent trip to Savannah…so damn good
I think I had the best waffle I've ever had in Savannah.

A place called the goose feathers cafe has a waffle called the JP deluxe:

JP Deluxe: Jalapeno & Cheddar Cornbread Waffle half with black pepper bacon sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, scallions and tabasco syrup

jp-deluxe.jpg

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think I had the best waffle I've ever had in Savannah.

A place called the goose feathers cafe has a waffle called the JP deluxe:

JP Deluxe: Jalapeno & Cheddar Cornbread Waffle half with black pepper bacon sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, scallions and tabasco syrup

jp-deluxe.jpg
I go to Savannah for work about once a quarter; I have to check this place out. I usually stay right near there - mostly so I can walk to Sorry Charlie's for oysters!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I go to Savannah for work about once a quarter; I have to check this place out. I usually stay right near there - mostly so I can walk to Sorry Charlie's for oysters!

Same here I’m there about once a quarter and love it there. So many good places to eat and drink

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
No. In general I avoid a lot of the places on the river as they tend to be a little overpriced. I’ll check it out though. Thx for the tip.
Definitely a touristy place but I asked several locals on our tour and this was where they suggested. I’m sure it’s over-priced since it’s on the River but the food was good last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.