Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That sound a like an “us” story. :lol:

No, these were from a farm in Williston.
I used to buy milk 3 gallons at a time years ago. My BFF had called while I was at the grocery and spontaneously invited me and the two babies (20and 38 months old maybe?) to St Louis with her. We packed up and left right away. One of the gallons of milk was accidently pushed down between the 2nd and 3rd row in the Explorer and I didn't get it out before I left. Seedy didn't drive the car while I was gone. When I came home, there was a liquid puddle under the car. This was probably in July. The gallon had busted and the milk was dripping through the bolts in the floorboard. Whoever said you shouldn't cry over spilled milk has never smelled spoiled milk soaked in the carpet of their SUV. :facepalm:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
FYI that’s from a famous steakhouse here in downtown Indy…you should try the fresh stuff…straight
It’s so good! Like fire in a bottle. Can’t imagine what’s it’s like fresh. I had to mix some regular cocktail sauce in too as my eyes were watering. It’s like a wasabi type of burn.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My SIL - who lived in N.O. when she worked for NASA - made us red beans and rice with Andouille. She was quick to point out that “I know it’s not Monday, but it’s what I feel like making for Fat Tuesday!”

No pics as I only take pics if Mrs G or me makes the dish. If there’s a next time, I’ll throw that rule out the window!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No photos unfortunately, but we loaded up and took our kids to a joint in Tallahassee called Hangar 38 that had bowling, arcade stuff, and surprisingly good food. The menu was pretty big and had a good variety of choices. Those in our party had pizza, wings, fried ribs, Philly cheesesteaks, steak bowl, and tacos. The food was all high quality given the atmosphere. Beer was cold and they also made a pretty good rum runner according to the kids. We don‘t do much bowling, but the entire night was enjoyable, especially by the kids and guests. I’d say Hangar 38 was one good thing about Tallahassee other than the roads leading out of town.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wife made an arugula salad tonight with some pan chicken and rigatoni ala vodka(she has to go very light on the cream). Sauce/pasta ratio was off and I would’ve sent it back if I weren’t planning to get the chef naked later.:lol:

1677459999884.jpeg
1677460029046.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Fried rice with smoked sausage, with sriracha added to give it a little kick. (The recipe called for Chinese sausage; not an item easily found in my area. I substituted Country Pleasin smoked sausage, which worked great. Probably not very authentic, but tasty nonetheless!)

1677986194339.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
No photos unfortunately, but we loaded up and took our kids to a joint in Tallahassee called Hangar 38 that had bowling, arcade stuff, and surprisingly good food. The menu was pretty big and had a good variety of choices. Those in our party had pizza, wings, fried ribs, Philly cheesesteaks, steak bowl, and tacos. The food was all high quality given the atmosphere. Beer was cold and they also made a pretty good rum runner according to the kids. We don‘t do much bowling, but the entire night was enjoyable, especially by the kids and guests. I’d say Hangar 38 was one good thing about Tallahassee other than the roads leading out of town.
That’s out by dad’s house and the kids enjoy it too. The area has really changed, huh?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s out by dad’s house and the kids enjoy it too. The area has really changed, huh?
Dramatically! Seems not so awful long ago that everything north of Bannerman was woods. We came from GadCo via Orchard Pond and see where there’s another couple of subdivisions going in on the south side of Bannerman. Crazy.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Dramatically! Seems not so awful long ago that everything north of Bannerman was woods. We came from GadCo via Orchard Pond and see where there’s another couple of subdivisions going in on the south side of Bannerman. Crazy.
Orchard Pond is a really nice stretch. We use it coming in from Bainbridge. That’s a new Publix going in at Bull Headley because the one down the road just isn’t enough. :facepalm:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Orchard Pond is a really nice stretch. We use it coming in from Bainbridge. That’s a new Publix going in at Bull Headley because the one down the road just isn’t enough. :facepalm:
No kidding, but if it keeps others from having to negotiate the roundabouts then maybe it’s worth it :dunno: Seriously, it all makes me better appreciate our little place in the country.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Publix seems to really like saturating an area. Where my MIL lives in Pasco Co., there are three different Publix (Publixes?) within a 10 minute drive.
View attachment 55375

Roughing it while the power is out. I believe they call this glamping.
Power's out; you gotta grill, right?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Tried a new recipe for pulled pork on the smoker. It came out OK. Not as tender as I wanted, but have ideas on how to fix it. Pulled pork sammiches for the week!
20230305_175225.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Porterhouse w/Yukon Gold potatoes.
Grilled on the ninja foodi xl indoor grill. 20230310_153439.jpg 20230310_153218.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb