Dinner With Muschamp...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n6299 said:
I did...and he stated he made the decisions to go for it...he did not say that the called the play. Wasn't this whole thing with Jennay about calling plays?

:exactly:

Going for it on 4th down should fall on the HC to make that decision, but that doesn't mean he choices the play. WM has plenty of reasons to be criticized, I just want them to be factual criticisms.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"We opened the Miami game horribly on defense. We had repeated miscommunication, missed assignments, missed tackles we were in position to make, gave them a 31 yd. gain on 3rd down, were totally discombobulated on defense and gave them confidence on offense that was not deserved in their first two possessions. Based on down and distance, and our crappy play on defense I went for the TD on 4th down."

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6356 said:
"We opened the Miami game horribly on defense. We had repeated miscommunication, missed assignments, missed tackles we were in position to make, gave them a 31 yd. gain on 3rd down, were totally discombobulated on defense and gave them confidence on offense that was not deserved in their first two possessions. Based on down and distance, and our crappy play on defense I went for the TD on 4th down."

Again, he said he made the decision to go for it, not the actual play.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys still arguing about who was responsible for the sh!tty play calling last year?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6370 said:
Nothing else really to discuss right now.
A really good pro vs con Muschamp thread and another about Driskel would really make the new board pop right now, but I am too new to start it and haven't been keeping up with gsmb to know if it has been worn out. I thought WM was perfect for the job when hired, but he simply has shown me too many fatal flaws.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6375 said:
A really good pro vs con Muschamp thread and another about Driskel would really make the new board pop right now, but I am too new to start it and haven't been keeping up with gsmb to know if it has been worn out. I thought WM was perfect for the job when hired, but he simply has shown me too many fatal flaws.

Believe me, everything that went wrong last season to the very few things that went right last season has been dicsussed ad nauseam.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6378 said:
Believe me, everything that went wrong last season to the very few things that went right last season has been dicsussed ad nauseam.

We should still go over the points again though.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6356 said:
My question is why our defensive guru HBC didn't at least have the DEFENSE ready to effin play on the road against a hated team. Hell, even a BAD Furman team had us down 21 in the first half. WM seems to prefer to adjust on the fly and not spend time developing a real defensive game plan and has actually stated as such when discussing how he was going to have to change this year because of all the new hurry up offenses in the SEC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6417 said:
Go for it.
I will defer to Law. He hasn't forgotten a single play. 😜

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It all sounds great. But the fact is, Muschamp sounds exactly like this every year since he got here. Nothing that is said or can be said is going to make me be a believer in this program until I see it happen on the field with my own eyes.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n6463 said:
It all sounds great. But the fact is, Muschamp sounds exactly like this every year since he got here. Nothing that is said or can be said is going to make me be a believer in this program until I see it happen on the field with my own eyes.

A the F**K men brother...

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n6463 said:
This sums it up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n6463 said:

We all feel that way. I got tired of listening to his coachspeak drivel over a year ago.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe!

Wish we had the "Finger" icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.