Dinner With Muschamp...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5917 said:
What Navet said. I was just messing with you. Don't let things bother you too much on this board or you won't last long. As for what WM has said or not said about calling plays, I would think someone from this board would have agreed with you by now if he had said he called plays during a presser. Especially if you said he did it multiple times. On GSMB, this subject was debated multiple times and no one brought up that WM admitted to calling any plays. Maybe all of missed it, that is possible, I just don't see it as being probable.

On the other hand, if Jenny can find what she thinks she heard, it'd sure clear up a lot of arguments we had on the old GSMB last year. If you can find them Jenny, a lot of us would appreciate having that argument settled.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing Cover. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
WobbleGator;n5931 said:
True. That thought did cross my mind. Pretty sure most of us listen to maybe a minute of the pressers, said "this is more coach speak" and turned it off. :lol:
I didn't watch a single one of his pressers last year...the games were depressing enough. Hopefully, that will all change this fall!
Same here. I don't watch the pressers when we win, definitely not doing it when we lose.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n5945 said:
On the other hand, if Jenny can find what she thinks she heard, it'd sure clear up a lot of arguments we had on the old GSMB last year. If you can find them Jenny, a lot of us would appreciate having that argument settled.
Completely agree. If anyone can find where he admitted in a presser or anywhere else, I would love it if they posted the evidence here.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
WobbleGator;n5917 said:
What Navet said. I was just messing with you. Don't let things bother you too much on this board or you won't last long. As for what WM has said or not said about calling plays, I would think someone from this board would have agreed with you by now if he had said he called plays during a presser. Especially if you said he did it multiple times. On GSMB, this subject was debated multiple times and no one brought up that WM admitted to calling any plays. Maybe all of missed it, that is possible, I just don't see it as being probable.
We probably missed it. Most of us quit listening to him a long time ago. ;)
Was probably in the Q and A part, not the initial patter. It is the past at any rate.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Jenny On The Railroad;n5899 said:
OK, I am sufficiently poked to respond. (Such an easy target, I am) First of all, you don't know me, but unless I am obviously kidding, I don't lie, except some occasional white lies to shorten an irrelevant explanation of something. I know this is a typical message board comment, but I have always found it offensive even when directed at others unless it is done in humor. Not sure if it is your way of getting me to spend hours finding the info or you really think I am lying. I will not be lying to you, and this was not a flight of fantasy. I can say I was wrong, but I won't because he did say these things last year.

You are free to not believe it. However, last year, he volunteered he called specific plays on 3-4 pressers, and as I said, explained why. I heard it and watched him say these things on the post game and/or monday pressers, shortly after they were taped. These were the full presser, not an abbreviated version. Are the pressers archived?? As I said, the first was the Miami game presser, and I don't know if it was post game, or the following Monday. While I would love to share the info and prove my point, I really do not have time to go through 5-6 weeks of pressers looking for them. If my statements offend you, I am sorry, but he has contradicted himself. I have gotten really used to people who do this, thinking no one will remember what was said previously., and I can assure you, it does not mean it was not said. And it does happen. And my nature, I tend to point out those things.

However, it was really not and is not my intention to come on here and inflame and offend people,. If that means ignoring things like that, then maybe I'll refrain from commenting about inconsistencies on touchy subjects which it appears this might be..

Message boards are for thick skin. Wobble likes to provoke reactions. Try poking him back, he likes that. Don't stop posting. Keep treading until you get the rhythm down. :grouphug:
Thanks. Just wanted to clarify. Won't stop posting.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n5945 said:

It was hard enough listening through the whole thing the first time. They always seem pretty long. Don't know if I can stand it again. I started walking away during the patter and listening for the Q and A. I doubt I will have time and as I recall, you can't ffast forward those either., at least with my computer setup. If I should get enough time, I may methodically work through the ones most likely to have that content, but the next season could be over by then. Too bad I wasn't posting last year, I could have been specific and linked. It will probably remain unproven. Missed opportunity.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fwitw , don't remember the game but it was early in the year. Coach said he'd told pease he wanted to throw more in the red zone.It might have been Miami,I do know it utooth or earlier because I used to watch the pressers at my ex gf's house and we broke up a couple of days after ten game.:dunno:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
True. That thought did cross my mind. Pretty sure most of us listen to maybe a minute of the pressers, said "this is more coach speak" and turned it off. :lol:
Ding ding ding!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n5982 said:
Fwitw , don't remember the game but it was early in the year. Coach said he'd told pease he wanted to throw more in the red zone.It might have been Miami,I do know it utooth or earlier because I used to watch the pressers at my ex gf's house and we broke up a couple of days after ten game.:dunno:

That's possible, and it seems I might remember something to that extent. That's a far cry from actually telling Pease which play to run on which down though. He's said all along he wanted a balanced offense and we certainly weren't balanced in 2012 nor after JD broke his leg against UT in 2013. The arguments last season were about whether WM was dictating the play calling to Pease or not. Most said they didn't think he was, but then there were the anti-Muschamp people claiming he was tying Pease's hands behind his back forcing him to run every down unless it was 3rd and long.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
sonomagator;n5982 said:

That's possible, and it seems I might remember something to that extent. That's a far cry from actually telling Pease which play to run on which down though. He's said all along he wanted a balanced offense and we certainly weren't balanced in 2012 nor after JD broke his leg against UT in 2013. The arguments last season were about whether WM was dictating the play calling to Pease or not. Most said they didn't think he was, but then there were the anti-Muschamp people claiming he was tying Pease's hands behind his back forcing him to run every down unless it was 3rd and long.
Blah, blah, blah.

He said nothing that I haven't already said. 15-0 baby!

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n5906 said:
Message boards are for thick skin. Wobble likes to provoke reactions. Try poking him back, he likes that. Don't stop posting. Keep treading until you get the rhythm down.

Yes...the rhythm method...that should do the trick.

:grouphug:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n6025 said:
Yes...the rhythm method...that should do the trick.

:grouphug:

LOL, I had a Catholic girlfriend in highschool. You ain't sneakin that by me!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for taking the time to post this Cover. He sat at our table during a sponsor dinner his first year, and we golfed with him at the UF Sponsor Appreciation event last year. Muschamp is pretty down to earth and likable, unlike Urban. I hope he can get this train wreck turned around.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n5980 said:
It was hard enough listening through the whole thing the first time. They always seem pretty long. Don't know if I can stand it again. I started walking away during the patter and listening for the Q and A. I doubt I will have time and as I recall, you can't ffast forward those either., at least with my computer setup. If I should get enough time, I may methodically work through the ones most likely to have that content, but the next season could be over by then. Too bad I wasn't posting last year, I could have been specific and linked. It will probably remain unproven. Missed opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNYa8h54Owo
Here are two plays from the Miami game. There were others in other games. First is going for TD on 4th down, fail. Second is going for 2 in the first half, fail and blame it on the players for blocking it wrong.
I am sure this won't satisfy the Wobble types, but if they want anymore they can look it up for themselves.
0:40 and 10:00

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this coach rhetoric translates into me feeling proud and excited after games once again. Thanks Cover2, always good to read some levity from you during the season when gaskets are blowing up everywhere. :thumbup:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6096 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNYa8h54Owo Here are two plays from the Miami game. There were others in other games. First is going for TD on 4th down, fail. Second is going for 2 in the first half, fail and blame it on the players for blocking it wrong. I am sure this won't satisfy the Wobble types, but if they want anymore they can look it up for themselves. 0:40 and 10:00
He admits to making the decision to go for it but he didn't admit to calling the play that was ran on the field.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6101 said:
He admits to making the decision to go for it but he didn't admit to calling the play that was ran on the field.

:yap::lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I consider myself a realist. And cover brings to our attention how the coach feels about our talent. And I agree. I'm not sold on our hbc but we have the talent to win the east. I even believe the playmakers are there. Glad cover 2 is back. I know it's coach speak but I'm a simpleton and I liked what I heard. We really don't need another bad season,I know it feels like we're delaying the inevitable but we need a good season. We don't need to fall further behind our rivals.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I consider myself a realist. And cover brings to our attention how the coach feels about our talent. And I agree. I'm not sold on our hbc but we have the talent to win the east. I even believe the playmakers are there. Glad cover 2 is back. I know it's coach speak but I'm a simpleton and I liked what I heard. We really don't need another bad season,I know it feels like we're delaying the inevitable but we need a good season. We don't need to fall further behind our rivals.
Ps I'm drunk on vacation sorry if this is gibberish

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.