Dinner With Muschamp...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I consider myself a realist. And cover brings to our attention how the coach feels about our talent. And I agree. I'm not sold on our hbc but we have the talent to win the east. I even believe the playmakers are there. Glad cover 2 is back. I know it's coach speak but I'm a simpleton and I liked what I heard. We really don't need another bad season,I know it feels like we're delaying the inevitable but we need a good season. We don't need to fall further behind our rivals.
We are use to gibberish coming from you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I consider myself a realist. And cover brings to our attention how the coach feels about our talent. And I agree. I'm not sold on our hbc but we have the talent to win the east. I even believe the playmakers are there. Glad cover 2 is back. I know it's coach speak but I'm a simpleton and I liked what I heard. We really don't need another bad season,I know it feels like we're delaying the inevitable but we need a good season. We don't need to fall further behind our rivals.
Fair enough

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5958 said:
Completely agree. If anyone can find where he admitted in a presser or anywhere else, I would love it if they posted the evidence here.
You don't want evidence. You can't handle evidence.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
You're not as think as you drunk you are...
I'm not really that drunk I've just been at it all day

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
You're not as think as you drunk you are...
That's totally something a drunk would say

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn't say anything that I haven't already said. Strong defense and better offense leads to a huge win at Bama and a 15-0 season. National Champs!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n6156 said:
He doesn't say anything that I haven't already said. Strong defense and better offense leads to a huge win at Bama and a 15-0 season. National Champs!

That's what I'm talkin about!:thumbup:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n5670 said:
Many of Pease's pass plays were difficult to execute anyways because of the amount of time it took to run certain routes. Most of Roper's pass plays involve the QB to throw within 3 seconds. I think Driskel will have a significant number of ruduced sacks for that reason alone. Anyways, in reguards to what you said, I know in the past whenever UF fakes a punt, Muschamp takes credit for making that call, which means he probably choose which play to run for the fake punt too.

Muschamp has said that he wanted a balanced attack since the day he was hired, and I believe him when he says that. The reason why we were so run oriented the last 3 years is because the run game was our strength. In 2012 we had a new QB struggling to make decisions and no playmaker at WR. The run game was the only aspect of the offense that the coaches trusted, so they conservatively relied upon it. Last year we began to throw the ball more, but with little reward. Driskel had more attempts and more yards against Miami and we know how that ended. Not long after, UF is forced to using backup QB's and had an Oline that couldn't hold a block longer than 2 seconds. Throwing the ball more would have made the offense worse.

I think this year's offense is allowing Muschamp to feel more comfortable/confident in using the passing game more than previous years. Roper has a quicker attack which will automatically provide more protection for the QB. Driskel should be more mature by now, and from what I can tell, this offense has simpler reads for him to make. There is also a sturdier O-line and lots of talent for WR. There is no excuse for this offense to not have around 35 pass attempts a game. RB is still the strength of this offense, so I expect the running game will still play a significant/dominant role. Last year, the offense averaged about 25 pass attempts a game and about 40 running attempts per game (run/pass percentage of about 60/40). I predict the run/pass percentage will be closer to 55/45 this year. This may not seem like a large increase in pass plays, but considering that an improved offense allows for more plays, then this could mean that we'll see well over a hundred more total passing attempts this season than last.

Very accurate JB. Just want to point out a 5% increase in pass plays can result in a 25% increase in total offensive yards. Can't wait to see it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Jenny On The Railroad;n5899 said:
OK, I am sufficiently poked to respond. (Such an easy target, I am) First of all, you don't know me, but unless I am obviously kidding, I don't lie, except some occasional white lies to shorten an irrelevant explanation of something. I know this is a typical message board comment, but I have always found it offensive even when directed at others unless it is done in humor. Not sure if it is your way of getting me to spend hours finding the info or you really think I am lying. I will not be lying to you, and this was not a flight of fantasy. I can say I was wrong, but I won't because he did say these things last year.

You are free to not believe it. However, last year, he volunteered he called specific plays on 3-4 pressers, and as I said, explained why. I heard it and watched him say these things on the post game and/or monday pressers, shortly after they were taped. These were the full presser, not an abbreviated version. Are the pressers archived?? As I said, the first was the Miami game presser, and I don't know if it was post game, or the following Monday. While I would love to share the info and prove my point, I really do not have time to go through 5-6 weeks of pressers looking for them. If my statements offend you, I am sorry, but he has contradicted himself. I have gotten really used to people who do this, thinking no one will remember what was said previously., and I can assure you, it does not mean it was not said. And it does happen. And my nature, I tend to point out those things.

However, it was really not and is not my intention to come on here and inflame and offend people,. If that means ignoring things like that, then maybe I'll refrain from commenting about inconsistencies on touchy subjects which it appears this might be..

Message boards are for thick skin. Wobble likes to provoke reactions. Try poking him back, he likes that. Don't stop posting. Keep treading until you get the rhythm down. :grouphug:
JenRail, don't let your trestle go wonky, you post the right track.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
NavetG8r;n5945 said:
On the other hand, if Jenny can find what she thinks she heard, it'd sure clear up a lot of arguments we had on the old GSMB last year. If you can find them Jenny, a lot of us would appreciate having that argument settled.

It was hard enough listening through the whole thing the first time. They always seem pretty long. Don't know if I can stand it again. I started walking away during the patter and listening for the Q and A. I doubt I will have time and as I recall, you can't ffast forward those either., at least with my computer setup. If I should get enough time, I may methodically work through the ones most likely to have that content, but the next season could be over by then. Too bad I wasn't posting last year, I could have been specific and linked. It will probably remain unproven. Missed opportunity.
Since "Coachspeak" is political ramble, Jen's bound to be right that WM contradicts his says-so .

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
sonomagator;n5982 said:
Fwitw , don't remember the game but it was early in the year. Coach said he'd told pease he wanted to throw more in the red zone.It might have been Miami,I do know it utooth or earlier because I used to watch the pressers at my ex gf's house and we broke up a couple of days after ten game.:dunno:

That's possible, and it seems I might remember something to that extent. That's a far cry from actually telling Pease which play to run on which down though. He's said all along he wanted a balanced offense and we certainly weren't balanced in 2012 nor after JD broke his leg against UT in 2013. The arguments last season were about whether WM was dictating the play calling to Pease or not. Most said they didn't think he was, but then there were the anti-Muschamp people claiming he was tying Pease's hands behind his back forcing him to run every down unless it was 3rd and long.
Well, if he made Pease doubtful, overcautious on his play calling that's worse than inserting specific plays.
Remember, that coiled temper of disappointment was ready and waiting.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, Cover. I am hopeful that this season we'll look improved, but like many, I'm not holding my breath and I'd really just love to compete for the SEC East title. Oh, and beat Georgia!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6096 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNYa8h54Owo
Here are two plays from the Miami game. There were others in other games. First is going for TD on 4th down, fail. Second is going for 2 in the first half, fail and blame it on the players for blocking it wrong.
I am sure this won't satisfy the Wobble types, but if they want anymore they can look it up for themselves.
0:40 and 10:00
This is for you, Jennay! :proud:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6273 said:
Thank you for posting a link to a presser that shows that Jennay was mistaken. :stickpoke:
Maybe you need to watch the entire video. :gaah:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n6284 said:
Maybe you need to watch the entire video. :gaah:

I did...and he stated he made the decisions to go for it...he did not say that the called the play. Wasn't this whole thing with Jennay about calling plays?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
sonomagator;n5982 said:
Fwitw , don't remember the game but it was early in the year. Coach said he'd told pease he wanted to throw more in the red zone.It might have been Miami,I do know it utooth or earlier because I used to watch the pressers at my ex gf's house and we broke up a couple of days after ten game.:dunno:

That's possible, and it seems I might remember something to that extent. That's a far cry from actually telling Pease which play to run on which down though. He's said all along he wanted a balanced offense and we certainly weren't balanced in 2012 nor after JD broke his leg against UT in 2013. The arguments last season were about whether WM was dictating the play calling to Pease or not. Most said they didn't think he was, but then there were the anti-Muschamp people claiming he was tying Pease's hands behind his back forcing him to run every down unless it was 3rd and long.
Rog , a head coach telling an oc to stop being predictable in the red zone is not bullying or anything else but the HC doing his job. You've being beating the lawlike drum about coach"s temper for months and quite frankly it's a bunch of bs.I like you, I really do but the crap has gotten ridiculous.To say with zero evidence or to opine about a "coiled temper of disappointment" that made Pease doubtful or overcautious is just wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator